June Catch All White Sox Thread

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, those stats meant something back when they were posted. Now the stats are different. If someone had said (posted) that it would take an 11-game winning streak to get within 1.5 games, we'd have all laughed and chortled and pointed fingers.

That's my point. In a game of streaks like baseball, that s*** means nothing.

We won 11 in a row and Twins were moderately s***ty and we caught up. Now if we don't start playing good ball against the AL, it'll revert back.

But that math of how many we'd have to go over .500 to stand a chance was dumb.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 11:23 PM)
That's my point. In a game of streaks like baseball, that s*** means nothing.

We won 11 in a row and Twins were moderately s***ty and we caught up. Now if we don't start playing good ball against the AL, it'll revert back.

But that math of how many we'd have to go over .500 to stand a chance was dumb.

I suppose I see where you are coming from, but it's all statistics. The statistics of how many games a team must win in order to reach a certain goal change every day. It's like a production line that has a goal. In order to make a certain amount of product in a set amount of time, a line has to produce X amount a day. If they make 10% more of X one day, it'll take less per day for the rest of that time period to reach the goal. So, how many games the Sox must win over the next week, two weeks, whatever, changes depending on what happens today.

It would really suck if they start the month 2-5, and end it 0-4. The 15-1 in the middle is great, but let's hope they get these next two games and finish the month 19-8. 17-10 would seem fairly pedestrian considering it's the interleague month.

Buehrle didn't have his best stuff last night for sure, but the offense certainly could have tried a bit harder. Last night the offensive problem we knew was there was glaring. A big bat is needed along with a big strong lefty to swing it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 12:22 PM)
MB giving up 3 ER in 6.1 IP wasn't the problem last night. If this team's bad nights are 3 runs given up, then the pitching staff is more than fine.

We need a f***ing bat, to replace the failed Kotsay/Jones experiment.

I didn't post that quote to imply that we lost because of Mark. Was just an alarming thing to read IMO.

And hell yes we need to end the dreadful DH debacle!

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 02:41 PM)
Today's lineup:

Pierer LF, Ramirez SS, Rios CF, Konerko 1B, Quentin RF, Kotsay DH, Pierzynski C, Viciedo 3B, Beckham 2B - Floyd P.

Yay, he's alive!

We'll probably see the home plate ump pull out his brush and dust off Dayan in his first at bat

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 04:42 PM)
Beckham has been looking better lately, that's not a buzzkill, that's a player I'm psyched to see play.

With a single tonight, he will have hit for the cycle....over 5 games

Greinke in his career against the Sox - 4.20 ERA, 1.21 WHIP, .266/.314/.446/.760 line against him. Sox hit him the best of all the AL Central teams, and only the Orioles (.882 OPS in 156 PAs, that's crazy!), Angels, Yankees, and Rays hit him better against those whom he has faced atleast 7 times in some manner.

Last year he was 2-2 with a 2.31 ERA, 1.06 WHIP, .246/.279/.431/.710 line against the Sox. He allowed 11 homers all season (which is an insane number) and the Sox hit 4 of those.