June Catch All White Sox Thread

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 06:10 PM)
DJ is awesome

DJ has had the "pleasure" of working with two of thr worst play by play guys in baseball. When DJ does Fox games on TV, he has been solid. IMO

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 07:45 PM)
Jenks left today's game to attend a family matter, should be back tomorrow. from MGonzales

Oney tweets Guillen, Jones, and Zambrano families are having dinner at the Witt hotel for anyone interested.

Which one will go apes*** over the check?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
Because it isn't like the last two seasons have been decided by a game 163 in the AL Central or anything...

And it isn't like we won 2 of those games anyway and lost 19 games to the Indians either...but yeah, keep using "bu bu but, he's bad in tie games you non-baseball knowing idiots!!!!" as an arugment. Its working.

Edited by Jenksy Cat

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
And it isn't like we won 2 of those games anyway and lost 19 games to the Indians either...but yeah, keep using "bu bu but, he's bad in tie games you non-baseball knowing idiots!!!!" as an arugment. Its working.

Neither is pretending like certian games mean less than others in a division that has obviously been as close as humanly possible over the past two seasons.

Jenksy Cat please save this stat when the Bobby naysayers (I don't think they "hate" Bobby; maybe they do though) continue to spout the tie game argument. Thanks.

Bottom line: Some people want closers to be automatic and perfect for some reason. Don't understand it in a game when so many other players fail (hitters than make outs 7 of 10 times) and don't face this kind of venom. God I would love if Bobby made the all star game. That would be hilarious.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 11:38 PM)
Hey, the manager might be a Bobby fan. It would be awesome. The man has been money.

There's too many guys that have been more money than him for the entire year.

Here's my list of league leaders:

SAVES—NFeliz, Texas, 20; Soria, Kansas City, 18; Gregg, Toronto, 18; Jenks, Chicago, 17; RSoriano, Tampa Bay, 17; Valverde, Detroit, 17; MRivera, New York, 17; Rauch, Minnesota, 17.

A Bobby-lover manager might pick him. They usually like to stack a lot of relievers on the all-star roster

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 12:35 AM)
And again, you won't have to worry about Bobby making the All Star Game.

Since we're still on this point...there's one other thing that having a truly dominant, all-star closer does to an opponent...it forces the opponent to game plan for that closer.

For example...you're playing the Yankees, you're down 1, with the bottom of your order up in the 8th inning and maybe you get a runner on...what do you do? You play like hell to get that game tied, because you have no confidence in your ability to get the tie in the 9th. On the other hand, if you're facing a weaker or strugging closer, you might try to play things differently and maybe still shoot for the win in the 8th, because you still think you have a shot in the 9th.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 03:22 PM)
Is it OK if for now on, I just write "Jenksy Cat" when I want to defend the great Bobby Jenks?

Will everybody understand what I mean?

Maybe I'll try that a while.

Maybe you can give it a rest once in awhile.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 02:14 AM)
Tim Kurkjian and Eduardo Perez just basically said "The Sox are winning. NL doesn't matter."

Ill believe it when they start beating AL teams

If they lose the series to KC, ill know all I need to know..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 01:37 AM)
Ill believe it when they start beating AL teams

If they lose the series to KC, ill know all I need to know..

CMon, dude, they just swept the Braves.

Enough of the nonsense.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 08:36 AM)
Kenny next year needs to do a better job Ozzie-proofing the lineup. Giving him an Erstad-type play like Kotsay has been terrible. Kotsay is fine off the bench, and to play once in a while. Ozzie in his usual fashion overuses a role player making him a starter for all intensive purposes. The writing was on the wall with this with the comments Ozzie made when they resigned him. Timo/Erstad/DWise, all you need to do is to be a certain slappy grindy not so good left handed hitter and you make it into the lineup way too many times.

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/intensive.html