6/13 GT: White Sox @ Cubs - 7:00pm CDT ESPN

knightni

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
Flowers is making the choice to not trade him easy at this point.

Flowers has 5 homeruns in his last six games, and apart from one bad month has ripped apart the minors.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 10:35 PM)
Flowers has 5 homeruns in his last six games, and apart rom one bad month has ripped apart the minors.

You know how I feel about Flowers needing more time in AAA, but if the Sox sent Quentin down and brought up Flowers to be the regular DH and catch maybe once a week I wouldn't have a problem with it at this point.

t was a good game. My hat is off to both Gavin Floyd and Ted Lilly, but for the Sox not to at least tie the game in the 9th, and I think we should have scored a couple, was an absolute farce.

Exactly.

Aside from the fact I no longer hate Juan Pierre, that game was ultimately disappointing.

I mean what a pathetic display. Didn't we have second and third nobody out? Or was it one out? Either way, my god. We had a struggling Cub team defeated right there.

Marmol may be good, but Jeez. Lexi was horrid. Paulie couldn't get it out of the infield and it was obvious Quentin would pop up if he hit the ball. I told the people here, "Game over, pop up coming. He won't hit it out in the rain and it's all or nothing with him."

Weak ass CQ pop up.

Disgraceful performance.

We are going nowhere, but we already knew that.

My hat is off to Juan, however, for actually sroking a single to center. He's the only guy in that order who had a chance of getting a hit in the ninth inning. OK, maybe Paulie. He's stroked singles to center before.

I agree it's time for a scapegoat for our offense. Don't know who is the goat, I'd be open to suggestions (Walker?) but somebody has to take the fall for this pathetic offense.

Did I say I love Juan Pierre? Well, I do now.

Edited by greg775

Did anyone really think Alexi was going to make contact in the 9th? I told my wife, "3 pitches" and sure enough. Alexi, you don't have to swing as hard as you can every at bat. The game was given to us in the 9th and we FAILED to convert. We LOST the game when it was given to us after Lily left. A team gives you 2nd and 3rd with nobody out, you MUST make the other team pay.

Anything short of at least one run is a COMPLETE, AND UTTER FAILURE ... NO QUESTION!!!

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 10:58 PM)
Gavin Floyd did not swallow his gum in the first when Herm ran out to the mound. The real reason: Gavin's cup was pinching his balls.

Outside of Rios, and maybe Konerko the rest of our hitters might have a hard time locating theirs.

Did anyone really think Alexi was going to make contact in the 9th? I told my wife, "3 pitches" and sure enough.

Not me. That was as predictable as CQ's mighty pop up.

At least Paulie tried to stroke a single to right and tapped weakly to first.

What a crazy game, I was there tonight, couldn't bring White Sox the win unfortunately.

Today was second time I witnessed Gavin Floyd take a no-hitter to the 7th inning, I was there two years ago when he did that against Twins.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 10:30 PM)
I can't thank Juan Pierre enough for making this just another loss.

No kidding!

Good God I could not have handled being no hit by that punk-ass pansy Ted Lilly

Just because of this, I will not say anything bad about Juan Pierre till the trade deadline. You have my word on this and it will be very hard for me as I hate him the second most on this board behind Kalapse.