2010-2011 NHL thread

Dallas won in regulation last night.

Hawks 95 (37 ROW)

Dallas 93 (36 ROW)

Hawks @ Wings tonight, Dallas @ Avs tonight.

Hawks vs Wings Sunday afternoon, Dallas @ Minnesota Sunday evening.

Keep in mind that the Hawks either need more points than Dallas or a tie in points with more ROW. If we tie in points and ROW, Dallas knocks us out.

3 points clinches it. But we need to hope Dallas somehow struggles against the Avs or Wild. If we need to get 3 points from Detroit, this is going to be really dicey.

A regulation loss tonight and we're probably screwed (and if Dallas wins in regulation we no longer control our destiny). Avs have won 4 games since January, so while I'm hopeful for help, I wouldn't count on it at all. Maybe they can somehow get them to OT or something.

Huge night tonight.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless I'm missing something, I don't believe so.

Let's say we get those 2 and that's it. 97 points, I'll assume it was a ROW, so 38 ROW.

Dallas wins out in regulation. 97 points, 38 ROW.

The tiebreaker after ROW is points earned in games between the 2 teams.

We have earned 3, Dallas has earned 6.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)
Unless I'm missing something, I don't believe so.

Let's say we get those 2 and that's it. 97 points, I'll assume it was a ROW, so 38 ROW.

Dallas wins out in regulation. 97 points, 38 ROW.

The tiebreaker after ROW is points earned in games between the 2 teams.

We have earned 3, Dallas has earned 6.

No, you're not. I did the same calculations a couple of nights ago, you're spot on.

Well southsider let me clarify a bit. 2 points COULD get us in if in regulation, AND Dallas loses in any fashion or takes a shootout to win it. But it's not over if we win, we'd need help.

Edited by IlliniKrush

Don't forget about Anaheim either. They have been playing well and own the tiebreaker, but a home and home with the Kings is no cakewalk. I could see an OTL in Anaheim and a regulation loss in LA, then the Hawks would need only 2 points to knock them out.

I guess Bolland may skate today. He obviously won't play this weekend but if he was available for a potential matchup with the Sedin sisters, that would be absolutely huge.

Yeah, Anaheim is still in the mix, but I just don't think they will fail to pick up 2 points in 2 games against the Kings, who have already clinched - they are playing for position, but Anaheim is hot and playing to get in, and are at home tonight. You never know obviously, but I see a win tonight. Will definitely be pulling for the Kings in regulation though.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 12:10 PM)
Well southsider let me clarify a bit. 2 points COULD get us in if in regulation, AND Dallas loses in any fashion or takes a shootout to win it. But it's not over if we win, we'd need help.

yeah, I just read Zawaski's breakdown, and I think the thing I saw was trying to way oversimplify it.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)
Ben Smith was outstanding. I was shocked when the Hawks initially sent him down earlier in the season. I thought he was a keeper. Solid two way player.

I guess he won the wrestling belt they pass around for his performance, and had no idea what it was for. Great game for him.

Ducks & Stars win so it's pretty simple now. Win or make it to OT, the Hawks are in. Lose in regulation and they need the Wild to either beat the Stars or just take it to a shootout. I'll be there Sunday morning, get it done boys.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 02:45 PM)
You always try against a divisional foe and the Lightning still have some ties to Tortorella.

That's why I thought they would mail it in. :lolhitting

The Canes were very hot before that game. They looked so nervous the first 2 periods, so you never know. Keep the faith!!