Why is Randy Williams on this team?

WhiteSoxfan1986

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really feels like they're trying to salvage Randy Williams, like they see tremendous potential in his arm but just need time to work some things out with him. He hasn't pitched in 2 weeks, TWO WEEKS, I imagine he's been working heavily with Cooper all this time trying to get his s*** together for one last go of it.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 01:48 PM)
It really feels like they're trying to salvage Randy Williams, like they see tremendous potential in his arm but just need time to work some things out with him. He hasn't pitched in 2 weeks, TWO WEEKS, I imagine he's been working heavily with Cooper all this time trying to get his s*** together for one last go of it.

I think it's just having 2 lefties in the bullpen, even though, they don't really trust Williams, and for good reason. He's really just a guy they use in the 6th, maybe 7th inning of a game, but with the way the starters have thrown, he's just going to collect dust, and will probably have to shake off the rust in the team's next blowout game.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 06:48 PM)

Ok! This is what I was going to post before I read Kalapse's statement. RW hasn't pitched for two weeks. He really only had one bad outing-or real bad depending on your point of view-and that's when the Marlins clubbed him May 23rd. Other than that he hasn't done all that bad so fitting the role of situational lefty hasn't been a debacle by any means. I think Ozzie might like him to do a couple of innings of mop up also, but really there hasn't been any need the way our starters have dominated.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
Ok! This is what I was going to post before I read Kalapse's statement. RW hasn't pitched for two weeks. He really only had one bad outing-or real bad depending on your point of view-and that's when the Marlins clubbed him May 23rd. Other than that he hasn't done all that bad so fitting the role of situational lefty hasn't been a debacle by any means. I think Ozzie might like him to do a couple of innings of mop up also, but really there hasn't been any need the way our starters have dominated.

When our starters were struggling 3 weeks ago, the need for a long man was much greater. Now, we could genuinely use a 2nd lefty.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)

He's been the worst pitcher in baseball. I didn't say that I thought he was worth saving just that Coop does. Sustaining a mid 2 WHIP over 20+ innings is next to impossible yet Randy's found a way.

He's had 6 outings where he's allowed 2 or more baserunners and retired at most 1 batter.

This is an unbelievable stat: Randy Williams has made 25 appearances this year, 15 of them were for less than 1 inning of work and yet he's had only TWO outings all year in which he did not allow a baserunner and both of those came within the first 2 weeks of the season.

He's allowed at least 2 baserunners in 16 of his 25 outings.

Just ignoring his overall awful inherited runners numbers, more simply: Randy has inherited at least 1 baserunner in 12 outings this season, he's allowed at least 1 inherited runner to score in 9 of those 12 outings.

Randy Williams has been charged with 13 ER allowed this season and on top of that he's allowed another 13 inherited runners to score.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
He's been the worst pitcher in baseball. I didn't say that I thought he was worth saving just that Coop does. Sustaining a mid 2 WHIP over 20+ innings is next to impossible yet Randy's found a way.

He's had 6 outings where he's allowed 2 or more baserunners and retired at most 1 batter.

This is an unbelievable stat: Randy Williams has made 25 appearances this year, 15 of them were for less than 1 inning of work and yet he's had only TWO outings all year in which he did not allow a baserunner and both of those came within the first 2 weeks of the season.

He's allowed at least 2 baserunners in 16 of his 25 outings.

Just ignoring his overall awful inherited runners numbers, more simply: Randy has inherited at least 1 baserunner in 12 outings this season, he's allowed at least 1 inherited runner to score in 9 of those 12 outings.

Randy Williams has been charged with 13 ER allowed this season and on top of that he's allowed another 13 inherited runners to score.

=EPIC FAIL

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
You called the Threets move, do you have some inside info or just lucky guess? :)

i wish i was that lucky!

i gave you the andruw jones signing too...