Why is Randy Williams on this team?

WhiteSoxfan1986

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's it like to be Randy Williams? I assume every day he thinks he's going to get people out and become good and reality hits him in the face every time he takes the mound.

At least he makes a zillion dollars and probably has had the best looking women all his life.

Crazy thing is a year ago none of had ever even heard of the guy. Then he joins a non contending team for the last couple of months and pitches very mediocre and all of a sudden he becomes an important member of the staff. He was out of the league for 4 years, its not like anybody wants him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
What's it like to be Randy Williams? I assume every day he thinks he's going to get people out and become good and reality hits him in the face every time he takes the mound.

At least he makes a zillion dollars and probably has had the best looking women all his life.

Or he makes 400K

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 01:23 PM)
To remind people that Damaso Marte wasn't actually all that bad.

It's a shame that because of his mediocre 2005 (and infamous almost game 3 debacle against the Red Sox) that many have forgotten just how unbelievably dominant Marte was for most of his tenure with the Sox.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
It's a shame that because of his mediocre 2005 (and infamous almost game 3 debacle against the Red Sox) that many have forgotten just how unbelievably dominant Marte was for most of his tenure with the Sox.

Holy s***, I totally agree with you on something. You're absolutely right, too. Damaso Marte was an absolute beast for us for a good period of time. That Marte-Flash Gordon duo back in 2003 was one of the sickest combos we had that decade.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 01:16 PM)
Come on guys.

They have no other lefty besides Thornton.

Give me a break.

Arent lefties hitting something like .350 against Williams. That being said you dont think anyone else, whether lefty or righty can do better than that. Come on. Get rid of the clown car once and for all.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 06:40 PM)

My annoyance with him was that I was arguing in 2004 that the Sox could easily win the Central with one of my officemates, and 2 of my arguments were "Look at who Loaiza is now" and "the Sox have the best LH reliever in baseball" and then Marte melted down a couple times in April of that year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 08:16 AM)
My annoyance with him was that I was arguing in 2004 that the Sox could easily win the Central with one of my officemates, and 2 of my arguments were "Look at who Loaiza is now" and "the Sox have the best LH reliever in baseball" and then Marte melted down a couple times in April of that year.

And then Loaiza reverted to what he had done his entire career...great in April, tank the rest of the season.

Which still was still good enough to get us Contreras and a cash subsidy from the Yankees, perhaps the biggest single key to the 2005 season....and post-season.

You know it had to eat a bit at Cashman to see El Duque and El Gran Titan de Bronze both dice up the Red Sox in the post-season.

Speaking of blasts from the past, how long will Alan Embree's career last?

The idea that you need 2 lefties in the pen is one of the most ridiculous and stupid ideas out there in baseball and by Ozzie. Having 2 good lefties is a luxury, not a necessity. First and foremost, you want someone who can get people out. You want at least 1 lefty who can get lefties out, but otherwise, you want pitchers to get outs.

The fact that Randy Williams is only on the team because he is a lefty is one of the biggest jokes in baseball. He's not even good enough for mop up duty.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)

he has one of the sox 4 world series wins from 05.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Jun 25, 2010 -> 07:59 AM)
A guy in the bar I was at last night got really angry when I brought up the WHIP stat - he said "they all stink when they first come up, that doesn't mean anything, you don't know what you're talking about"

Were you drinking with Randy Williams last night?