Adam Dunn Trade rumor thread

TheChrisSamsa

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TomPickle @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
Lol thanks.

Yeah, if I were the Rays I'd be giving the Nationals a hard sell on Jeff Niemann about how much of a winner he is.

Wow, when did Niemann's FIP climb two runs?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
Other than Price, the Rays rotation has come back to earth after their ridiculous run through May. They're still pretty damn good, though.

David Price is no FIP master either.

The Rays have to have one of the most overachieving rotations this year.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 03:05 PM)
Just heard on the Score the Rays are the front-runners for Dunn with the Giants the only other team involved, NYY and White Sox are said to be out of it.

I hope it is because we are unwilling to give up Huddy. I think there are solid enough bats out there that we could acquire without giving up not only our best starting pitching chip, but also a guy that I think we will need to count on for this season as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Huddy can do in his next start.

QUOTE (TomPickle @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 05:54 PM)
Well it doesn't hurt to have a great defense behind you.

With the Padres and the Rays this year, I don't think you need any further evidence to see that FIP is a pretty reliable stat.

Edited by chw42

The Nats are believed to have requested either Gordon Beckham or both Daniel Hudson and Dayan Viciedo in exchange for Dunn, tweets Heyman. That price was too high for the Sox, who told Beckham he wouldn't be on the move this week.

Per mlbtr

No thankyou with that cost, and I have been a Dunn advocate.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 11:17 PM)
The Nats are believed to have requested either Gordon Beckham or both Daniel Hudson and Dayan Viciedo in exchange for Dunn, tweets Heyman. That price was too high for the Sox, who told Beckham he wouldn't be on the move this week.

Per mlbtr

No thankyou with that cost, and I have been a Dunn advocate.

Same with me, I love Dunn as an offensive player but that's way too much for 2 months

Chicago Breaking Sports

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...-extra-bat.html

"Meanwhile, any deal with Washington involving Sox catching prospect Tyler Flowers would appear to be ruled out. Washington acquired Minnesota minor league catcher Wilson Ramos and another minor league player in exchange for closer Matt Capps."

Not new information, however that coupled with the reports Nats want Viciedo and Huddy, makes this deal look dead at this point. I love D2 but I don't think the Nats would feel the need to move Dunn for a package of Hudson+danks. And I be hard pressed to give up morel or viciedo like stated previously.

"A major league source familiar with the Sox's talks involving Washington slugger Adam Dunn didn't sound overly encouraged but expected talks to intensify leading up to the deadline."

This is our only hope on the Dunn front IMO. Wait out Rizzo till 2:55 PM Saturday, but I say f rizzo KW get Berkman w/o giving up Hudson and call it a deadline. I could see the Kenny finding a pitcher on the waiver wire if it turns out hudson isn't ready.

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:19 PM)
Bowden reported that Dunn is close to being a member of the Sox

@JimBowdenXMFOX-

"deal not done...but all indications are that Adam Dunn is heading to the southside of Chicago....waiting on the Nationals now to close it"

"approval delay in Washington's onion layered process but looks like Dunner is heading to a pennant race"

"Rios, Konerko, Dunn and Quentin.....love the middle of the lineup...love the balance Dunn Brings...love the make-up he'll bring"

QUOTE (Hollywood_AU @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:38 PM)
JimBowdenXMFOX "Tim Kurkjian of ESPN reporting that the Nationals told him directly they are NOT trading Dunn to the White Sox for Edwin Jackson"

9 minutes ago via web

I find it hard to believe we will get Dunn. I mean I don't know how 3 way trades work, if it is reported at once or piece by piece, but considering there were rumors of a 3 way trade with Jackson, Dunn & Sox, you would think this is either on hold and Nats are negotiating with Sox but maybe they really don't want Jackson. I feel we should have Dunn by now.

And if it comes to the point where we have to throw in another player to get Dunn with Jackson, well then we will need a starter and have to throw in more players from our minor league system, which seems rather wasteful. Worth the risk considering the team we could have with a bat and arm but I hope our minors don't get scalped too bad.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:51 PM)
I find it hard to believe we will get Dunn. I mean I don't know how 3 way trades work, if it is reported at once or piece by piece, but considering there were rumors of a 3 way trade with Jackson, Dunn & Sox, you would think this is either on hold and Nats are negotiating with Sox but maybe they really don't want Jackson. I feel we should have Dunn by now.

And if it comes to the point where we have to throw in another player to get Dunn with Jackson, well then we will need a starter and have to throw in more players from our minor league system, which seems rather wasteful. Worth the risk considering the team we could have with a bat and arm but I hope our minors don't get scalped too bad.

Maybe before the Sox move Jackson for Dunn, they want to secure another pitcher to take Jackson/Hudson's place. They have to see like they are happy to keep Jackson or the other team would drive a hard bargain for the pitcher the Sox are targeting. If the Sox trade for another pitcher, then it's a Done Dunn deal.