7/5 - LAAoA @ Chicago

Heads22

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 07:41 PM)
oh god, why do we have to be tortured with Andruw Jones starting??? Lets see if he can top his outing on saturday night where he looked like a fool and K'd his first two AB's, and then when he decides to make contact, ground into a DP.

Andruw Jones needs to be DFA!!!!!

He can still play defense. The guy is trying I am sure-I think I am sure he his anyway-I kinda think so

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 08:14 PM)
He can still play defense. The guy is trying I am sure-I think I am sure he his anyway-I kinda think so

Actually, he's not listening to a thing the Sox organization is telling him. Heck, he was basically benched for 10 days cause he refused to try and hit it to the opposite field. Also, his defense has been nothing special this season, especially on the corners.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)
Yes I am sure Ozzie Guillen is folowing our advice ... NOT :lolhitting :lol:

I don't think I suggested that he looked at anything we've said, I'm just saying if we're going to rip him every time he uses his bench, maybe we should give him credit when a pinch runner comes around to score, or when someone clamors for Viciedo and Lillibridge (can't believe I'm even bringing up his name positively) and gets it.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
Why does Ozzie continue to use the last guy on his bench so often? First it was Randy Williams and now Andruw Jones. Dammit Kenny...get him some tools to work with here.

Umm I believe he has played in 2 games in the last 7 or 8.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
Andruw Jones is 18 of his last 117. He has no right to be on a major league roster.

because he is in great shape!!

for some reason people think that means you can hit all of a sudden

He's also been bad and a lefty is pitching.

He asked the question and I think my answer is why he is playing. He's our regular catcher.

Why the f*** do you think he's playing? He plays until the day he needs a rest.

As far as Jones, he is a waste and should be out of baseball. Hopefully he'll be off the team before long.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
He asked the question and I think my answer is why he is playing. He's our regular catcher.

Why the f*** do you think he's playing? He plays until the day he needs a rest.

As far as Jones, he is a waste and should be out of baseball. Hopefully he'll be off the team before long.

I don't know, but usually, Ozzie puts Castro out there against the left handed pitcher. Since A.J.'s been just awful lately, I think that might have been a good idea.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
Andruw Jones is 18 of his last 117. He has no right to be on a major league roster.

Jones is getting 3 hits tonight.....................hahahaha

Might as well go out on a crazy deformed limb here.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 01:41 PM)
oh god, why do we have to be tortured with Andruw Jones starting??? Lets see if he can top his outing on saturday night where he looked like a fool and K'd his first two AB's, and then when he decides to make contact, ground into a DP.

Andruw Jones needs to be DFA!!!!!

I've long said we should have dealt him when he was still hitting in the .260s. He did the same s*** last year in Texas as well. Or if KW gets a damn bat, he would look good on the bench as at least he'll give you a power option/OPS.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)
I've long said we should have dealt him when he was still hitting in the .260s. He did the same s*** last year in Texas as well. Or if KW gets a damn bat, he would look good on the bench as at least he'll give you a power option/OPS.

He was hitting in the .260s on like May 4th. No one was going to trade for Andruw Jones on May 4th, especially, as you pointed out so well, that he did this exact same thing last year.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
He was hitting in the .260s on like May 4th. No one was going to trade for Andruw Jones on May 4th, especially, as you pointed out so well, that he did this exact same thing last year.

correct he hasnt hit for 4 yrs

Exactly. Nobody wants that stiff. Nobody would take him if we cut him tomorrow.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
He was hitting in the .260s on like May 4th.

That is when I wanted him gone. :lol: A month into the season. Knew all along this was going to happen. Like I said though, he would be good on the bench as a PH power option (OPS). nothing else.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 06:00 PM)
That is when I wanted him gone. :lol: A month into the season. Knew all along this was going to happen. Like I said though, he would be good on the bench as a PH power option (OPS). nothing else.

How do you not get this? No team is going to trade for him after 1 month of the season especially after how badly he fell of last year. How can you possibly believe that you're the only one that saw his downfall as an inevitability? You also don't make ANY trades on May 4th, that's just not how it works.