7/9 - KC Royals @ ChiSox

Heads22

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 11:01 AM)
Bruce Chen sucks, always has. So we better score like 7 runs off him tonight.

This year so far: 3.51 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, 42 K in 48 IP. He may regress eventually, hopefully tonight, but this season he has been pretty solid so far.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:00 PM)
This year so far: 3.51 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, 42 K in 48 IP. He may regress eventually, hopefully tonight, but this season he has been pretty solid so far.

xFIP of 4.90 (4.8 BB/9, 1.62 K/BB) definitely points toward a hard regression along with his history.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:34 PM)
He's got a .240 BABIP with career norm batted ball rates. This isn't going to last. He also allows a s*** ton of fly balls.

Wow. GB/FB of 0.59 would be the second lowest in the game if he were qualified and his HR/9 is under 1? HR/FB of 7.6%? Here come the home runs.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:39 PM)
Wow. GB/FB of 0.59 would be the second lowest in the game if he were qualified and his HR/9 is under 1? HR/FB of 7.6%? Here come the home runs.

That ballpark in KC helps.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statsplits.aspx?p...amp;season=2010

Look at his home xFIP, it's way higher than his home FIP and ERA. Meanwhile, the road FIP and xFIP match up. Gotta hope for some wind tonight

The weird thing is that Chen is actually a better pitcher on the road.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
Ugh, Castro needs to be playing against LHP! And Greg, still don't think they're trying to get #400 at home for Andruw?

Yeah, I gotta say you are right on that one, Fathom...

Are we going to bet on this series?

And I agree about therapist...

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
Ugh, Castro needs to be playing against LHP! And Greg, still don't think they're trying to get #400 at home for Andruw?

Just my guess, but I'm thinking that they are playing Andruw more for three reasons:

1. They are getting less and less confident in Kotsay's ability to play in the OF (TCQ is at DH tonight, coming back from injury)

2. They want to give him some regular at bats for a few days to see if that can get him out of his funk

3. They want one last long look at him, before deciding soon who to replace with the bat they are likely to acquire

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)

Well if they want to DH Quentin because of his knee, that leaves you Andruw or Kotsay for RF. Jones is the far superior defensive player and he bats righty. No problem with him playing today.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 07:32 PM)
Yeah, I gotta say you are right on that one, Fathom...

Are we going to bet on this series?

And I agree about therapist...

I'd say Sox win 2 of 3, with the loss coming in a blowout on Sunday.