Lance Berkman traded to Yankees

Heads22

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 07:27 PM)
Yep, forgot that he came out and said he wouldn't go to the white sox.

But it can't all be on Ozzie, can it?

I think if KW really wanted Oswalt he could prob of got it done with the option picked up and get Peavy to convince him.

When you look at that list most of the guys are NL players.

Some NL guys just dont want to play in the AL.

I think its more of a perception amongst players that the Sox arent a front line team like the Red Sox, Yankees, etc and so they are more hesitant to get traded here.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)
Yes, Ozzie. Runner-up for manager you'd least like to play for. Personally, I think it's bulls*** as he treats his players very well. However, the reputation he has is obviously hurting.

I think this is an American-only perception. I believe most Hispanic players love Ozzie and would play for him in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 07:31 AM)
Why cry over Berkman, he's not much of an upgrade and clearly is on the decline to past two seasons.

Injuries have taken a toll on his career.

Yeah, he needs to follow Manny, Bonds, A-Roid and others and start taking the juice. If he starts now, he could be the new home run king at 40.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
Berkman basically said it was the opportunity to play with Pettite and go to a historic franchise like the Yankees. Sounds like he pretty much chose the Yankees over the Sox and hell, I can't blame him.

Jeff Pasan said yesterday that Berkman wanted to play for the Yankees during the offseason.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
Berkman in his interview implied that there was a deal with the Sox, but he chose the Yankees.

As a Sox fan it stings, but as a baseball fan there is just no way you can disagree with Berkman on picking NY over Chicago.

Not at all.

Yeah it seems like if the Yankees hadnt been in the picture Berkman would have gone to the Sox. He even complimented the organization and said that they had to be good because they beat him in 2005.

Would have been awesome to get him, but hard to argue with his logic.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
How do you know we didn't?

How do you know we did?

I'm going off of everything I've read and heard, and for the most part, Berkman's name was only connected to the Sox in rumors for only the later part of July.

Dunn on the other hand seemed to have been discussed for a while.

So until I hear something official stating that we did go after Berkman earlier in the month, it's not that crazy of an assumption to make that we were focused on Dunn the whole time.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:37 PM)
How do you know we did?

I'm going off of everything I've read and heard, and for the most part, Berkman's name was only connected to the Sox in rumors for only the later part of July.

Dunn on the other hand seemed to have been discussed for a while.

So until I hear something official stating that we did go after Berkman earlier in the month, it's not that crazy of an assumption to make that we were focused on Dunn the whole time.

So you believe Kenny just started shopping around two days ago because that is when the rumors started? Nevermind, it isn't even worth it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:41 PM)
So you believe Kenny just started shopping around two days ago because that is when the rumors started? Nevermind, it isn't even worth it.

Yeah, cause I said that, right?

From what I can take out of this whole deadline is that KW wanted Dunn right from the beginning, and was going for Dunn or nothing. Once we fell out of the Dunn sweepstakes (I'm gonna guess it was yesterday afternoon after the Nats said they didn't want Jackson), that's when we heard about Berkman declining a trade here and today when we heard that we were going after Manny.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
Yeah, cause I said that, right?

From what I can take out of this whole deadline is that KW wanted Dunn right from the beginning, and was going for Dunn or nothing. Once we fell out of the Dunn sweepstakes (I'm gonna guess it was yesterday afternoon after the Nats said they didn't want Jackson), that's when we heard about Berkman declining a trade here and today when we heard that we were going after Manny.

That's exactly what you said. You said you didn't hear any rumors, therefore you were assuming that only Dunn was being talked to/about.