THE CLUB - 2010

justBLAZE

Can't but help think how perfect that episode would have been if Santos could have performed a miracle and won us that game 6-5. My wife knows very little about the front office shenanigans, but she did say after it was over "Ozzie is really full of himself".

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 01:22 PM)
BMac got run out of the clubhouse for associating with Anderson pretty quickly.

For some reason, Jon Rauch came to mind when I saw that. Wasn't he was traded just days after he stormed out of the clubhouse during the middle of a game? While it was a terrible thing for a rookie to do, I find it a bid odd they'd be so quick to get rid of him considering how highly-regarded he was at the time. I feel like he may of had some attitude problems.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
Can't but help think how perfect that episode would have been if Santos could have performed a miracle and won us that game 6-5. My wife knows very little about the front office shenanigans, but she did say after it was over "Ozzie is really full of himself".

That 05 World Series really built him up.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 05:53 PM)
For some reason, Jon Rauch came to mind when I saw that. Wasn't he was traded just days after he stormed out of the clubhouse during the middle of a game? While it was a terrible thing for a rookie to do, I find it a bid odd they'd be so quick to get rid of him considering how highly-regarded he was at the time. I feel like he may of had some attitude problems.

Yes, that happened to Rauch. But it happened in 2003, so it would have been before Ozzie's time in Chicago, so I ruled that out.

Best part of the show for me was probably the part that most people missed. The pitchers were doing fielding drills in ST and Peavy said to Buehrle and Danks that he thinks one day they are going to leave their wives/girlfriends for each other.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 06:42 PM)
Swisher.

But KW made it sound like they just sent that player home. They never sent Swisher home although I do agree they thought of him as a cancer, so if it was him, KW probably made it a little more dramatic than it really was, but I could have sworn I heard this story at Soxfest long before Swisher was a White Sox.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
Rock, that part with Peavy and the lefty starters was great. After watching this show, I think we'll miss a lot of the leadership that Peavy provided.

What went on?

Peavy's a gamer. Can't deny that he's going balls out all the time.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 05:01 PM)
Yes, that happened to Rauch. But it happened in 2003, so it would have been before Ozzie's time in Chicago, so I ruled that out.

Rauch was traded in '04 along with Gary Majewski to Montreal for Carl Everett, so that was during Ozzie's time.

QUOTE (chwhtsox @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 12:15 PM)
I wonder who KW was talking about when he said Ozzie called him about a player and he told him to cut him without caring who it was.

Was thinking that too. It could be Cabrera?

For those of you with Comcast, there is a rebroadcast on Comcast On Demand (Ch. 999). Rick Morrissey was right - if you follow the team, there isn't much to this this show. Interesting material and I'm glad the Sox got picked for this!

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 04:02 AM)
Anyone got wind of the CSN showing time?

Insidethesox on twitter

@lakecountydem For now, you can catch The Club on MLBNetwork and on Comcast VOD. CSN news later ...

11:23 AM Jul 23rd via TweetDeck in reply to lakecountydem

Some great insight about the draft on tonight's show. Sounds like KW was dead right on B. Loux and his injury issues. Sounds like with the first pick, out of the 6 possible players they were interested in, it was Grandal, Eibner, Workman, Loux, and Sale. KW was very interested in making Eibner a 2-way player.