White Sox at Twins 7-18 game thread 1:05 first pitch

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just annoying that he got hitters out on Thursday night by throwing almost all offspeed pitches. Today, Castro only called for 2 of them. He did hang the one to Kubel, but would have been nice to see a change-up thrown to someone.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
Thanks.

I'm just sick of it. It's the reason I stopped coming to these boards. There are times when you need to be optimistic (7 games against Seattle in the next 13 days or so day [if my math is right, which it probably isn't]) and pessimistic (getting swept in 4 games @ Cleveland).

Let's say we just got swept by Cleveland and the Twins gained 3 games on us. I think these boards, these GREAT boards that some of you dopes are killing, would be even worse than what they are right now.

I don't think you're supposed to call people names.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
Thanks.

I'm just sick of it. It's the reason I stopped coming to these boards. There are times when you need to be optimistic (7 games against Seattle in the next 13 days or so day [if my math is right, which it probably isn't]) and pessimistic (getting swept in 4 games @ Cleveland).

Let's say we just got swept by Cleveland and the Twins gained 3 games on us. I think these boards, these GREAT boards that some of you dopes are killing, would be even worse than what they are right now.

Whatever. You still think USC is a legitimate program.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 04:50 PM)
Whatever. You still think USC is a legitimate program.

Look! Not only are there dopes on board now, but there are psychics. I mean, I haven't been around in like a year, but hey, he still knows what I'm thinking!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
It's just annoying that he got hitters out on Thursday night by throwing almost all offspeed pitches. Today, Castro only called for 2 of them. He did hang the one to Kubel, but would have been nice to see a change-up thrown to someone.

I count 5 pitches at

We are still in first place albeit a bit stunned from this loss today. No worse than if Mariano Rivera and Papelbohn or Broxton got nailed in the 9th. That has happened too. I watched the game and Jenks was hanging pitches and had poor command obviously

Man I missed the entire game (minus Young's GW single, error) and I see we lost a heartbreaker. One positive I can take with what I see out of the box score is Beckham went 4-4 and is hitting very well now. If he and Quentin can continue to get going, that is good news for us. And please everyone take it easy on Greg/Jenks.... and Greg take it easy on the 05 slurping of Jenks today... thanks.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 04:50 PM)
Then stop being annoying. They're 1.5 games up on their way to face the s***ty M's.

Again, it might benefit you to read everything I said. I clearly stated that Jenks is the problem. Nowhere did I say that the season was over (I think one guy has been saying that). I did say, however, that it's worrisome that they lost three in a row to the team that most agree is the real competition for the division.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
Can somebody shoot me a PM when greg gets on? If he f***ing defends that fat f*** I'm gonna lose it. I don't want to get banned.

I think you are letting that little timeout effect your brain. Let it go bro. I don't like nor want to see you constricted of your posting style cause of something as irrelevant as that was. Don't make them change you as a poster I enjoy reading.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 05:10 PM)
Again, it might benefit you to read everything I said. I clearly stated that Jenks is the problem. Nowhere did I say that the season was over (I think one guy has been saying that). I did say, however, that it's worrisome that they lost three in a row to the team that most agree is the real competition for the division.

Then I apologize.

All in all, I think we'll be fine. Jenks wasn't going to put a Gagne-like streak together of saves, and Beckham has raised his average .029 since last Friday. Oh, and again, we play Seattle 7 times in the next week and a half.

Then I apologize.

All in all, I think we'll be fine. Jenks wasn't going to put a Gagne-like streak together of saves, and Beckham has raised his average .029 since last Friday. Oh, and again, we play Seattle 7 times in the next week and a half.

The same team that can't beat the Indians?

And please everyone take it easy on Greg/Jenks.... and Greg take it easy on the 05 slurping of Jenks today... thanks.

Since nobody congratulated me when Bobby got all those saves in a row, I refuse to waver when he blows one.

Luckily I saw none of it. Watched the first seven, then had to go to church.

Heard a rumor on the Royals' postgame the Sox are trying to get Soria so that should make all the Jenks haters happy when we trade all our remaining prospects for Soria-DeJesus.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 05:59 PM)
This hurts but it isn't fatal. I'm not at all ready to say that this is a season ender, just a momentum shifter.

Back in 2003 Jose Paniagua was lit up by the Twins for several runs in the 9th inning in a game the White Sox won. He is still the butt of jokes and the finger is pointed at him for giving the Twins "momentum" and overcoming the White Sox in September. Manuel was called an idiot for pitching him, and Paniagua was the season's goat, even though every game he appeared in while wearing a White Sox uniform was a White Sox victory.

How do the same people spin this Jenks' performance as anything but death to the White Sox? For all those that blamed Paniagua for 2003, the season has to be over.

I was surprised when Jenks was on his bereavement that Ozzie mentioned the calf was still bothering him because he had been pitching much better, but since he's been back, he's been awful. Make Putz the closer. Its probably too late for him to get his $3 million kicker this year, plus you set him up to re-sign next year when Jenks is somewhere else. Let Jenks pitch the 7th or 8th with a short leash until he gets himself straighten out.

It has to be at least 100:1 that Jenks is a White Sox beyond this season. He seems heavier than ever IMO. Its time to give him a lesser role. Today was a game that in no way should have been lost, but they are still in first place and hopefully some reinforcement(s) are coming soon.

I hope this is just message board mania and you guys don't live your lives this maniacally with so many highs and lows and little in the middle.

The Twins own us. They owned us again. We failed to change that.

Life goes on. Hopefully if there's some good to come KW will acquire a bat and another pitcher soon. Texas made the move at the right time.

If we are serious about winning anything we need to tinker, baby.

Hopefully it won't cost us ALL our name prospects in getting the bat/pitcher.

GO SOX!!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)
It happens to the best, these blown saves. Broxton just blew a 4 run lead as well. Hopefully Jenks gets some adrenaline by pitching in his home state the next few days. One more blow-up though, and you have to replace him.

except he wont be replace.

i dont really blame santos, he didnt have much of a chance.

pierre is more to blame, if you cant bunt or hit the ball out of the infield you are pretty worthless. i am tired of his weak swings