White Sox make no last minute deals

southsider2k5

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
F*** you Rizzo I hope you get stuck with Dunn next year when he accepts arb. For 16 mil. Although this is very disapointing, hopefuly we get something through waivers without givig up much.

EJax does make us a better team though. But I'm disappointed.

It's okay, take out your anger on Mike Rizzo with this...

http://memegenerator.net/Incredibly-Frustrating-GM

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
F*** you Rizzo I hope you get stuck with Dunn next year when he accepts arb. For 16 mil. Although this is very disapointing, hopefuly we get something through waivers without givig up much.

EJax does make us a better team though. But I'm disappointed.

I don't think the Nationals would have any problem with Dunn on a 1 year contract for 16 million. Rizzo had all the power here.

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
I still like Edwin Jackson as the #5 for this year and next more than I like Hudson. The Sox improved yesterday.

We'll see how you feel if we have to trade Danks due to money issues or cannot re-sign Konerko.

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:09 PM)
I still like Edwin Jackson as the #5 for this year and next more than I like Hudson. The Sox improved yesterday.

It's several million additional dollars on next years payroll for a back of the rotation starter. Jackson had better pitch well down the stretch and help us into the playoffs, or else it's a really bad trade. As of now, I'll be nice and just say it was a bad trade. With how bad Jackson has been pitching in the NL, we're not even for sure he'll be noteably better than Hudson would have been the rest of the way.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
We'll see how you feel if we have to trade Danks due to money issues or cannot re-sign Konerko.

I've been saying for a while that Danks is out the door anyway. The fact we keep acquiring pitchers does nothing to change that opinion for me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
I've been saying for a while that Danks is out the door anyway. The fact we keep acquiring pitchers does nothing to change that opinion for me.

Jackson isn't a solution to replace Danks though since he'll be gone after 2011. Just an expensive, mediocre stopgap that takes up too much payroll resource next year.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
Jackson isn't a solution to replace Danks though since he'll be gone after 2011. Just an expensive, mediocre stopgap that takes up too much payroll resource next year.

Not if he gets dealt in the 2010 off season in an effort to "rebuild" the farm system.