Gamethread: White Sox (58-45) vs A's (52-51) 1:05PM WGN/WSCR

Kyyle23

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
I believe "pride" is a sin, is it not?

Correct. I'm hoping one of these days greg is banned, but obviously that's not up to me. Back on topic though, it was nice to win a series against Oakland with as much trouble as they tend to give us.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
Well how bout that. Bobby uses two pitches (fastball and curve though he threw one cutter as a show me) and gets a 1-2-3 inning. Its not rocket science.

Exactly, pretty simple stuff.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)
Nice home stand boys. Let's go get those kitties now and end their season.

I think the Tigers-Sox game will all be carried on TV or at least Tuesday DH games (WGN & MLB Network) and Wed (ESPN)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
When I said something about letting it go a while back, this is the exact stuff I was talking about.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 09:40 PM)
I can see Teahen getting put on waivers after he's healthy to see if anyone wants him.

I can't celebrate a win in a game thread and a good job by my favorite Sox of all time? I was happy and celebrating people. Bobby is a member of the Sox. I thought others would be happy with me. I guess I was wrong. Why does everybody think there are ulterior motives to posts? If you are not happy for/with me, then sorry. It was not a troll thread. And I did have to go to church. As people in game threads may realize, I go Sunday afternoons. I did not realized I was disliked that much. Oh well. That's my true explanation for my post(s) after today's win and Bobby excellence.

That is a good idea on Teahen. Hope we put him on waivers and Kotsay as well. It's pretty bad when a still-young player like Teahen won't be claimed. He was a mistake addition by KW.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
I can't celebrate a win in a game thread and a good job by my favorite Sox of all time? I was happy and celebrating people. Bobby is a member of the Sox. I thought others would be happy with me. I guess I was wrong. Why does everybody think there are ulterior motives to posts? If you are not happy for/with me, then sorry. It was not a troll thread. And I did have to go to church. As people in game threads may realize, I go Sunday afternoons.

That is a good idea on Teahen. Hope we put him on waivers and Kotsay as well. It's pretty bad when a still-young player like Teahen won't be claimed. He was a mistake addition by KW.

The part where you tell everyone to send messages to your inbox is the problem. Celebrate bobby jenks doing his job without being a jerk, thats all we are saying

That was a lighthearted request; and I was looking forward to getting some PMs from people to see if they would send some. The times I"ve PMed and received PMs we've had very civil, cool discussions. And yes I've engaged in cool discussions with at least 4 people on the board, admins included.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
I can't celebrate a win in a game thread and a good job by my favorite Sox of all time? I was happy and celebrating people. Bobby is a member of the Sox. I thought others would be happy with me. I guess I was wrong. Why does everybody think there are ulterior motives to posts? If you are not happy for/with me, then sorry. It was not a troll thread. And I did have to go to church. As people in game threads may realize, I go Sunday afternoons. I did not realized I was disliked that much. Oh well. That's my true explanation for my post(s) after today's win and Bobby excellence.

It has nothing to do with being liked or disliked. It is completely about you making a personal shot at everyone who has disagreed with you, despite being told to walk away from it multiple times.

The problem is it wasn't a personal shot. I thought Sox fans might pm me with congratulatulations and/or comments about Jenks. I doubt anybody wanted him to fail. Usually the gamethread is a more liberal place as well.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 12:04 AM)
The problem is it wasn't a personal shot. I thought Sox fans might pm me with congratulatulations and/or comments about Jenks. I doubt anybody wanted him to fail. Usually the gamethread is a more liberal place as well.

Greg, think about it...why would other Sox fans pm you because Bobby pitched well?

Are you his new agent?

My line was taken the wrong way, just like somebody took the following joke the wrong way.

It is THE INTERNET. Stuff gets lost in translation.

Somebody wrote: Admit it, self-appointed nickname guy, the Stealth Elf is exponentially better than The Bridge...

The "self appointed" nickname guy didn't like the wording of that, somebody telling him to admit it and calling him a name. And it was meant as a joke by a mod. But it was taken the wrong way because it is a message board and things get lost in translation when not verbally expressed.

Mine was LIGHTHEARTED as well. If people can't get that and get called out in a GAME THREAD then I don't know what to tell you. Why wouldn't somebody want to PM me, a person who got all worked up about my love of Bobby. PM me with a comment or joke or rip. The guy got a dominant 3 out save and Sox fans just might be happy about it and want to give me s***. Nobody on here wants Jenks to fail, or I don't think they do. That would be insane.

Edited by greg775

If having Jenks pitch terribly shuts you up, I'll take it everyday.

Yes, anticipating your next post, I am rooting for the Sox to lose, and Jenks to pitch terribly, just for the sole purpose of MAYBE quieting you. Just the 5% chance is enough for me.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 01:36 AM)
If having Jenks pitch terribly shuts you up, I'll take it everyday.

Yes, anticipating your next post, I am rooting for the Sox to lose, and Jenks to pitch terribly, just for the sole purpose of MAYBE quieting you. Just the 5% chance is enough for me.

Wow, not trying to get into the middle of this, but that's a really s***ty thing to say if you are really a fan of this team. I hate Mark Kotsay a lot, but I hope he actually gets a hit when there are runners in scoring position.