August White Sox Catch-All Thread

iamshack

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 07:34 PM)
Sounds like he found out Dayan is going down soon.

I heard Ozzie say in his postgame interview that he and Kenny are getting together tomorrow to decide who goes down.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 06:37 PM)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd assume every team already has at least 1 spanish translator, considering how many non-english speaking latin players there are in the MLB.

I thought Ozzie was talking more about the personal translators players like Fukudome have where they act almost as an assistant and go everywhere with them.

He's talking about all teams, including minor league affiliates.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 12:36 AM)
Quite obviously he didn't win this one.

I don't think his comments have anything at all to do with Viciedo, and I would say that your opinion is not accurate in this case from what we've heard.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 07:35 PM)
For serious concussions like that, I believe the rule of thumb is they have to have two days without symptoms for every day that they had them. If I am remembering that right, it could be a long while.

Most symptoms, even for 3rd degree concussions, should be gone after 1 week, 2 weeks in some cases. The fact that it has lasted this long shows how serious this concussion was. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets shut down for the rest of the reason if things don't start looking better for Morneau soon.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 07:44 PM)
Most symptoms, even for 3rd degree concussions, should be gone after 1 week, 2 weeks in some cases. The fact that it has lasted this long shows how serious this concussion was. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets shut down for the rest of the reason if things don't start looking better for Morneau soon.

I believe benchwarmerjim said that Morneau had multiple concussions in HS hockey, as well as a concussion in the past 3 years in the majors. So he is getting close to Lindross Loopy territory. I saw the replay of the hit he took to the head on the slide, it really didnt look bad enough to knock him out for a month or longer

When he comes back, I bet money he is wearing one of those space cadet helmets like David Wright wore

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)
I believe benchwarmerjim said that Morneau had multiple concussions in HS hockey, as well as a concussion in the past 3 years in the majors. So he is getting close to Lindross Loopy territory. I saw the replay of the hit he took to the head on the slide, it really didnt look bad enough to knock him out for a month or longer

When he comes back, I bet money he is wearing one of those space cadet helmets like David Wright wore

Yeah, this is something personal and specific to Morneau. The collision was nothing.

He's got a problem based on his specific history as a hockey player...

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)

What kind of helmet is that?

BTW, Gavin sick since his June 2nd start against Texas: 10 G, 1 CG, 69 1/3, 50 H, 8 ER, 0 HR, 14 BB, 58 K, 1.04 ERA, 0.92 WHIP. Only 7 HRs on the entire season, wow.

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
What kind of helmet is that?

BTW, Gavin sick since his June 2nd start against Texas: 10 G, 1 CG, 69 1/3, 50 H, 8 ER, 0 HR, 14 BB, 58 K, 1.04 ERA, 0.92 WHIP. Only 7 HRs on the entire season, wow.

This kind

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 08:12 PM)
Ok, I hope you totally space cadeted yourself on that one, Kyle...

everytime I see that picture I think of the movie "So I married and Axe Murderer" when Mike Myers(as his father) starts ripping on the kid for having a huge head

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 07:14 PM)
everytime I see that picture I think of the movie "So I married and Axe Murderer" when Mike Myers(as his father) starts ripping on the kid for having a huge head

Kyle, I'm still not sure if you get it.

Did you see the signature in the post you were responding to with your helmet link?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 07:20 PM)
lol, I have sigs turned off because my work computer just bogs down when I go to Soxtalk on my breaks. So no I didnt

Hah....his sig is the exact same picture you posted...:)

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 08:50 PM)
probably been answered a million times...but with Detroit and the Sox both having tomorrow off why aren't we playing the first half of the DH tomorrow?

Because otherwise we would play 25 straight days.

Indeed, and I believe there are labor laws that mean you can't play more than 21 days in a row? I remember this coming up a couple of years ago, and I think the only exception to it is if you're at the end of the season and have absolutely no room for days off, and even then the players have to agree to it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 07:20 PM)
lol, I have sigs turned off because my work computer just bogs down when I go to Soxtalk on my breaks. So no I didnt

Yeah, that has been my sig since I saw the pic. Lord Helmet.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
Indeed, and I believe there are labor laws that mean you can't play more than 21 days in a row? I remember this coming up a couple of years ago, and I think the only exception to it is if you're at the end of the season and have absolutely no room for days off, and even then the players have to agree to it.

I remember the same sort of thing.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 07:46 PM)

If he is still having symptoms, there isn't really any chance he is back before September, at the soonest.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 02:50 AM)
probably been answered a million times...but with Detroit and the Sox both having tomorrow off why aren't we playing the first half of the DH tomorrow?

I wish we played it tomorrow. I'd like to see our record in our last 10 doubleheaders. I could be mistaken but don't we suck in DHs?

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 06:33 PM)
Freddy is being pushed back to Thursday to get some extra rest.

Buehrle and Torres are pitching Tuesday. Jackson on Wed. Freddy on Thursday. Then the rotation the rest of the season should be set...Danks, Floyd, Buehrle, Jackson, Garcia.

Not sure what's going on with Sale, but Threets has done a good job. That would be a tough send down for him.

its not going to be threets as of right now

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 12:34 AM)
Why on earth would it be Pena?

Whomever they send down has to stay down for 10 days. So it's not going to be TPain.

What they should do is put Kotsay on the 15 day DL retroactive to whenever he last played (Wednesday?) with a forearm strain or something bogus, bring Torres up, then send him back down after the start and bring Chris Sale up.

Then bring Teahan back when we return home and send down whomever you feel least comfortable with, Threets or Sale.

Send down Lilli or Viciedo after an more extensive look at what Dayan can do when it is time to bring Kotsay back.