September Catch-All Thread

iamshack

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 11:33 AM)
Tony Pena is going to pitch in winterball (Dominican League) as a starter.

Interesting.

No it's not...

If Tony Pena is a projected starter in 2011, the Sox have hit rock bottom.

Pena couldn't make my old high school's baseball team

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 07:53 AM)
Well, that home stand was about as bad as it gets. The team looked dead, aside from a few moments here and there. I'm sure many of them are looking forward to the end of the season, as many of us are.

I'm looking forward to the off season, because it should (hopefully) be quite interesting. There may be a change in management, but I wouldn't be surprised if nothing of that sort happens. Re-signing Konerko, acquiring a real DH, and figuring out what to do at the catcher spot are some points I'd like to see addressed.

THE ONLY CHANGE THAT IS GOING TO MATTER IS OWNERSHIP

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 12:16 AM)
THE ONLY CHANGE THAT IS GOING TO MATTER IS OWNERSHIP

Oh, please. Reinsdorf is not the problem. He lives and dies for baseball, and has done everything possible to give KW enough room to build a decent team. If you were talking about the Bulls you might have a legit argument.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 08:16 PM)
Is it true there's an article in which Ozzie said that having Manny hurt this team due to not being able to have a flexible lineup?

He'll argue in the offseason that should look how bad September was and that's what happens when he can't put Kotsay at Dh.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 02:15 PM)
I wonder if Florida Marlins fans are excited about the thought of Ozzie being their next manager. Has anyone seen anything?

EDIT: I just answered my own question...

What fans?

They should be thrilled. Don't a lot of Chicago retirees live down there anyway? They'll love him. Hope we don't face them in the WS.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 01:26 PM)
What fans?

They should be thrilled. Don't a lot of Chicago retirees live down there anyway? They'll love him. Hope we don't face them in the WS.

There are plenty of Florida Marlins fans. True, a lot of people in Florida are transplants, but they are from all over, not just Chicago.

Well then they still should be thrilled.

Why wouldn't you want Ozzie Guillen? He has a WS title at a young age. Good manager. Fun guy. He won't be as out of control media wise down there. Different venues. He has more passion up here cause he is a White Sox. That's who he is.

Down there he'll be just another guy. Probably good for his health in the long run.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 01:48 PM)
Well then they still should be thrilled.

Why wouldn't you want Ozzie Guillen? He has a WS title at a young age. Good manager. Fun guy. He won't be as out of control media wise down there. Different venues. He has more passion up here cause he is a White Sox. That's who he is.

Down there he'll be just another guy. Probably good for his health in the long run.

You know, a change of venue for Ozzie would probably be good for him. His managing style may work better in Florida, and maybe he won't rub as many people the wrong way. If he does make his way down south, he'll take his family circus with him. Let's hope for the Marlins' sake that he and his sons don't do battle with their GM.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 07:54 PM)
You know, a change of venue for Ozzie would probably be good for him. His managing style may work better in Florida, and maybe he won't rub as many people the wrong way. If he does make his way down south, he'll take his family circus with him. Let's hope for the Marlins' sake that he and his sons don't do battle with their GM.

I agree with your post Pitt.

I just don't think he and the sons will have any trouble down there. There quite frankly won't be the audience. I guess he could stir things up in the Florida media, but there's not a lot of interest there. It's a good spot to go and frankly go away. He'll get very little attention down there locally or nationally. What type of controversy can he cause in Florida? Oz will be more of a statesman down there.

I guess he could cause a lot of trouble during his series with the Cubs when he's back with the Chicago media.

If he acts up everytime they play the Cubs or sox in interleague, I guess he could still get in some trouble on those days.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
I agree with your post Pitt.

I just don't think he and the sons will have any trouble down there. There quite frankly won't be the audience. I guess he could stir things up in the Florida media, but there's not a lot of interest there. It's a good spot to go and frankly go away. He'll get very little attention down there locally or nationally. What type of controversy can he cause in Florida? There's only one team there and that team I'm sure is treated with kid gloves. Oz will be more of a statesman down there.

I guess he could cause a lot of trouble during his series with the Cubs when he's back with the Chicago media.

If he acts up everytime they play the Cubs or sox in interleague, I guess he could still get in some trouble on those days.

There are actually two teams in Florida, but nobody cares about either one of them.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 09:59 AM)
I was just flipping through one of my notebooks from freshman year and saw this written down:

AJ

Konerko

Missle

Uribe

O-Cab

Dye

Griff

Swish

Thome

BA

Q

Hall

Is it sad that a part of me was like, "Ah, those were the good old days?" :huh:

How much were you drinking freshman year? AJ leading off? PK second? Thome 9th? Great lineup you got there.