September Catch-All Thread

iamshack

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 05:36 PM)
I love Viciedo, but I've been scared when somebody said his upside could be that of Uribe.

Maybe Manny can help him. Manny seems to be a free swinger as well, who is not allergic to walking once in a while.

Ramirez consistently has a fantastic OBP, if he can teach anything to Viciedo it would be to take a walk when given to you, and hit a HR when meatballs are given to you. Youre not on the island anymore kid, you can walk now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
I love Viciedo, but I've been scared when somebody said his upside could be that of Uribe.

Maybe Manny can help him. Manny seems to be a free swinger as well, who is not allergic to walking once in a while.

Manny, a free swinger?

Greg, come on, do you actually watch the games?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 11:44 PM)
Manny, a free swinger?

Greg, come on, do you actually watch the games?

I'm not sure if Manny walked during the 2005 ALDS. Wait, now I know why greg hates Manny, and loves Jenks. Jenks retired Manny in game 2 of the ALDS. :lolhitting

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 09:56 PM)
Ugh, 4.5 games back of division, and 7 back of wild card.

THANKS FREDDY AND KOTSAY!!

"Freddy Garcia should be an All-Star"

"Mark Kotsay is one of the best all-around players in baseball"

Somehow, Hawk wasn't the one who said those.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 03:02 PM)
Wow, there are almost no new posts since I last checked the site last night. I'm guessing people are demoralized. I know I am, after going 7-1 and losing half a game.

It is pretty sad. It's like we gave them our best shot and they still knocked us to the canvas.

It's their year unfortunately.

And yes, Jimmy Thome is a big part of their success. And might lead them to a WS berth.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
It is pretty sad. It's like we gave them our best shot and they still knocked us to the canvas.

It's their year unfortunately.

And yes, Jimmy Thome is a big part of their success. And might lead them to a WS berth.

Hell, if they make the playoffs and we don't, I would like them to win it all.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)
Hell, if they make the playoffs and we don't, I would like them to win it all.

You won't be alone. Texas would actually be the first team I would root for, because I lived down there for a while, but the Twins would be my next pick. I can't muster the hate for them like I can Detroit and Cleveland. Minnesota is the model of how to do things right. How can I hate that?

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)
Jenks just seems to break down during the 2nd half way too often. Thankfully, this is the last year we'll have to worry about this, as there's absolutely no way you bring him back for the money he'll want.

He has been the bullpen in the last couple of weeks. That has more to do with it than anything.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)
He has been the bullpen in the last couple of weeks. That has more to do with it than anything.

And one could argue that the reason he had to be "the bullpen" was due to early health issues and ineffectiveness with Jenks causing Thornton and Putz to have way too much put on their shoulders.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)
Yep, and before people start touting the Putz contract he has more health issues than Jenks. Not sure getting rid of Jenks is the answer.

I'd actually consider bringing the whole gang back next year...but I don't want to offer either Putz or Jenks more than $2-$3 million, and I think someone will offer them both more than that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 07:32 PM)
Jenks just seems to break down during the 2nd half way too often. Thankfully, this is the last year we'll have to worry about this, as there's absolutely no way you bring him back for the money he'll want.

Once again, I sure hope he doesn't go to a team in our division. He'll own us.