Sweep the Twins!

VAfan

I've been away for several days, during which the Sox went from 3-1/2 back to 6 back. But I don't think the season is over. I still think this is going to come down to the respective last series of the year when we host Cleveland and the Twins are at Toronto.

The Twinkies have been playing above their heads for some time. I think they have to hit a reality stretch. The Sox just need to start it over the next 3 games.

This has been a wierd year of streaks. There are enough games left to see one more.

The way the season has gone wouldn't be surprised if we lose the opener, but win the next 2. LOL.

This is the first series that the players have actually come out and said they pretty much have to sweep. So will be interesting to see how they respond.

3 back with 16 games to play is definitely doable. 5 back not so much.

I'm hoping Manny has a good series.

It's pretty much sweep or bust at this point. If the Twins sweep us or take 2/3, I would come at peace with the season being over. If the sox sweep, I would come at peace with us being back in this thing. Taking 2/3 would still have us at 5 games back, which puts it at a (pretty much over, but just not quite) stage, giving me false hope all in all.

Well enough of the false optimism.

Nothing works.

We can't beat those f***ers. 5-11 versus Minnesota.

That's the season right there.

Incomprehensible.

I love Ozzie and like KW but I hope Jerry takes them both in an office after the season and rips them a new one.

Just figure out a way to make Chicago more competitive against teams in this division.

My god.