Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 20, 2011 -> 09:52 AM)
Raw was actually mediocre last night - which is a step up from recent weeks - but instead of giving The Awesome Truth the tag titles, Tripsy "future endeavored" them.

(Not in reality, it's just a storyline firing, but I still disapprove)

Meh they can go places with this. I love Awesome Truth.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 20, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)
I agree that it has potential, and if anyone can make it work it's Miz and Truth, but as always I have zero confidence in the WWE writers to deliver on the promise.

I think you're about to see a Johnny Ace, Miz, Truth, Nash stable. Even though Ace is horrendous, I'm fine with a new stable, my only hope is that they don't team up Punk and HHH to take it down and that's exactly what it looks like is going to happen.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 20, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
I think you're about to see a Johnny Ace, Miz, Truth, Nash stable. Even though Ace is horrendous, I'm fine with a new stable, my only hope is that they don't team up Punk and HHH to take it down and that's exactly what it looks like is going to happen.

As soon as they threw Miz and Truth out of the building, the first thing that came to my mind is "they are recreating a psuedo-NWO and Nash is going to be the leader"

I think Ace is going to fade into the background sooner or later, everyone knows how much he sucks in front of an audience. The only reason I think they keep trotting him out there is because of the heat he is generating

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 21, 2011 -> 09:10 AM)
As soon as they threw Miz and Truth out of the building, the first thing that came to my mind is "they are recreating a psuedo-NWO and Nash is going to be the leader"

I think Ace is going to fade into the background sooner or later, everyone knows how much he sucks in front of an audience. The only reason I think they keep trotting him out there is because of the heat he is generating

Survivor series IMO....................... NWO faction vs Cena, Rock, HHH, etc If booked right could be fun.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Sep 21, 2011 -> 11:03 PM)
I dont think they will revisit the nWo name, but them being a team wouldnt surprise me at all

i dont think so either, but at the same time they have been using the nWo music for Nash, so i cannot discount it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 07:29 AM)
i dont think so either, but at the same time they have been using the nWo music for Nash, so i cannot discount it

True, but I think that has more to do with him just being Kevin Nash than it does a possible nWo return

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 2, 2011 -> 09:44 PM)
ADR f***in blows. Miz and Truth are seriously awesome though.

Yes they are awesome

And whats even more awesome is there is a website where you can buy the PPV and stream it for $5!

Weird and somewhat interesting ending to Raw last night.

Most of the roster (no main eventers came out), along with refs and announcers, aired their grievances to H (basically saying it's an unsafe working environment with him in charge) and then walked out, along with the cameramen (a nice touch), leaving Tripsy alone in the ring to play to the crowd (which he couldn't resist, of course).

I hate that the entire show has become about The Nose, but at least that was an unusual twist.

I like how all the heels stand out with different images and personalities, but outisde Punk and Cena, the faces are blah. I can't stand Del Rio. I think he is ok in the ring but his promos and facial expressions are just poor and abstract.

I fell asleep before the end of Raw but it is fresh to have everyone walk out on HHH and not just heels.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 04:41 AM)
I like how all the heels stand out with different images and personalities, but outisde Punk and Cena, the faces are blah. I can't stand Del Rio. I think he is ok in the ring but his promos and facial expressions are just poor and abstract.

I fell asleep before the end of Raw but it is fresh to have everyone walk out on HHH and not just heels.

I agree, Del Rio is awful outside of the ring. Peculiar how they're pushing a guy who's only good at the part of "sports entertainment" that Vince cares about least.

I watched a video of Alberto Del Rio fighting Mirko Cro Cop in the Pride promotion back in the day(as Dos Caras Jr). He got KO-ed in 46 seconds from a kick to the head.

Prior to the video there was an interview of him, and i was surprised that his grasp on the english language was much better than his promos show

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 02:46 AM)
Weird and somewhat interesting ending to Raw last night.

Most of the roster (no main eventers came out), along with refs and announcers, aired their grievances to H (basically saying it's an unsafe working environment with him in charge) and then walked out, along with the cameramen (a nice touch), leaving Tripsy alone in the ring to play to the crowd (which he couldn't resist, of course).

I hate that the entire show has become about The Nose, but at least that was an unusual twist.

When it went off the air Ryder came back out and said he changed his mind and he has confidence in Trips, and then got a pedigree..

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 11:57 AM)
Noticed Punk nor Cena were out there at the end. Smackdown will be a 2 hour HHH promo, i guess.

No Punk, Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Kelly, Eve and Mason Ryan(why?) from what I gathered. I like their attempt at a fresh angle here, the only thing that is bothering me is that Punk pretty much started this whole thing and it looks like he might finish it on HHH and Cena's side which is ridiculous.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 12:00 PM)
No Punk, Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Kelly, Eve and Mason Ryan(why?) from what I gathered. I like their attempt at a fresh angle here, the only thing that is bothering me is that Punk pretty much started this whole thing and it looks like he might finish it on HHH and Cena's side which is ridiculous.

I read that they kept them back because they were afraid the crowd would boo them for walking out.

If that's the case, that's a REALLY dumb reason. If anything, having top fan favorites (AND Mason Ryan, LOL) walk out would only have helped the story they're trying to tell.

Are you guys serious?

How much sense would it make to have Orton and Mark Henry standing next to eachother, concerned about HHH and how things are going under his watch.. maybe CM Punk, Del Rio, and Cena could have all put their arms around eachother and brainstormed a few questions to ask..

Some people didn't need to be out there because it would have looked stupid..

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 07:40 PM)
Are you guys serious?

How much sense would it make to have Orton and Mark Henry standing next to eachother, concerned about HHH and how things are going under his watch.. maybe CM Punk, Del Rio, and Cena could have all put their arms around eachother and brainstormed a few questions to ask..

Some people didn't need to be out there because it would have looked stupid..

It was supposed to be the whole locker room and there were a ton of "rivals" out there, just not standing together. Critic is correct, it was done to not get those guys heat, which is stupid and once again, Punk's character apparently has done a complete 180 on the wwe in the last 3 weeks here. It's awful.

The smackdown spoilers are infuriating by the way, I'll leave it at that for now.

I see what the WWE is trying to do here, but it just isn't working.

CM Punk had ALL the momentum in the world. Then comes along Triple H & it goes to s***. Instead of Punk v. WWE, it becomes HHH losing control of the company.

Meanwhile, Punk has done the job in the last 3 PPV main events. What else doesn't sit right about this "walking out" angle is that it doesn't feel sincere. It feels contrived.

You've had incidents with cars (various wrestlers "run over", VKM being blown up ,etc.), commentators slammed through tables, refs beat up in the past but now it's an issue? Just doesn't make any sense.

Edited by MHizzle85

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 11:26 PM)
It was supposed to be the whole locker room and there were a ton of "rivals" out there, just not standing together. Critic is correct, it was done to not get those guys heat, which is stupid and once again, Punk's character apparently has done a complete 180 on the wwe in the last 3 weeks here. It's awful.

The smackdown spoilers are infuriating by the way, I'll leave it at that for now.

There were a ton of midcard "rivals" out there, but nothing from the main event scene currently.. Plus, there were plenty of fan favorites out there as well.. The thing this is doing, imo, is setting it up to have Trips removed from power because someone else is sabotaging him

It doesnt really take away from CM Punk, because hell be in his own storyline eventually.. he took over #1 merch sales from Cena and from what I have seen on wrestlezone the plans are to have him in the spotlight for the forseeable future..

So apparently they want to do a huge main event at Survivor Series that would be an Anti-WWE team against a WWE team and the Anti-WWE team would be like Miz, Truth, Nash and some people against Cena, Rock, HHH, Punk, and Undertaker or Stone Cold..

If this is the case, im ok with what they are doing right now as anything to have a traditional like SVS ppv would be pretty sweet.. And it also said that it could increase the likelyhood of getting Austin to wrestle Punk at mania..