Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 12:33 AM)
So apparently they want to do a huge main event at Survivor Series that would be an Anti-WWE team against a WWE team and the Anti-WWE team would be like Miz, Truth, Nash and some people against Cena, Rock, HHH, Punk, and Undertaker or Stone Cold..

If this is the case, im ok with what they are doing right now as anything to have a traditional like SVS ppv would be pretty sweet.. And it also said that it could increase the likelyhood of getting Austin to wrestle Punk at mania..

Eh. It would look cool on paper but end in an obvious way.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wasting an Austin return on a Survivor Series match would be very disappointing.

I understand the physical limits, but there are ways to work a protected match and have him go over big.

He's not Bret Hart, he could still go for one decent match, I'm sure of that.

His matches were 75% offense anyway, so you just don't throw him around and it's all good.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 01:23 PM)
Wasting an Austin return on a Survivor Series match would be very disappointing.

I understand the physical limits, but there are ways to work a protected match and have him go over big.

He's not Bret Hart, he could still go for one decent match, I'm sure of that.

His matches were 75% offense anyway, so you just don't throw him around and it's all good.

Punk-Austin at Wrestlemania would be one of the coolest things ever.

I can't stand Sheamus or Cena most of the time but at least the first 30 minutes or so of raw was fresh and Punk on commentary is always gold. The last bit once again pissed me off, there better be a Punk swerve in here somewhere because this whole Punk-HHH teaming together thing makes 0 sense. Oh and once again ADR and Cena will be the most boring title feud ever, hot garbage.

Plus, they wasted Vince's "big return". Laurinitis could have made the announcement himself (to MUCH bigger heat, IMO) and that way you save Vince for another storyline twist.

Ironically, I was enjoying the opening segment until Vince came out.

The outsider, rebel "voice of the voiceless" character for Punk does not work as well as a fan favorite.

Glad to see Miz and Truth back.

Overall, though, another disappointing Raw.

Former WWE and TNA Wrestling talent Travis "Tyson" Tomko, 38, is currently being held in Florida's St Johns County Jail.

According to a police report on StAugustine.com, he was arrested this morning on a robbery charge. He was booked at 5:36 a.m. and given inmate number SJSO10MNI015725. No bond is listed.

Tomko last performed on a national stage for TNA Wrestling in 2010. He parted ways with the organization in August of that year.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 05:34 PM)
i think hall is surprised too

He doesn't want to die....but he's not afraid to....

That video from Fall River, MA is kind of shocking. To see how far he's fallen and have it be so public is sad, but it's all self-induced.

Turns out Vince Russo wrote the screenplay.

SPOILER ALERT:

The killer becomes the policeman early in the movie, then turns into the killer again, then the cop, then the killer, then teams up with other cops, but turns on them with other killers.

The other killers he teams up with are old killers from movies from 20 years ago.

Six of the actors had to go to rehab, but were written back into the script afterwards.

The actors who were there at the beginning of filming were eventually either written out of the script or given greatly reduced roles.

At the very end of the movie, HULK HOGAN appears to save the day (and hog the glory at the press conference after).

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 02:48 AM)
Turns out Vince Russo wrote the screenplay.

SPOILER ALERT:

The killer becomes the policeman early in the movie, then turns into the killer again, then the cop, then the killer, then teams up with other cops, but turns on them with other killers.

The other killers he teams up with are old killers from movies from 20 years ago.

Six of the actors had to go to rehab, but were written back into the script afterwards.

The actors who were there at the beginning of filming were eventually either written out of the script or given greatly reduced roles.

At the very end of the movie, HULK HOGAN appears to save the day (and hog the glory at the press conference after).

such a lie. Vince would never have Hulk save the day. It would have been Jarrett. Unless Bischoff rewrote the screenplay halfway thru

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
That E:60 on Hall was rough to watch. I really wanted to turn it off a few times.

Yeah, Waltman was right about that promoter letting Hall go out there like that or at least having him do all that stuff that looked like crap.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 09:13 PM)
Yeah, Waltman was right about that promoter letting Hall go out there like that or at least having him do all that stuff that looked like crap.

I dunno, it sounded like Hall wanted his money either way. I wouldn't have sent him out there, but I certainly wouldn't give that druggie his money for nothing.

Hall insisted he be paid upfront and drove from airport directly to the arena.

Maybe the "promoter" thought that he was getting the last laugh by putting Hall out there, but really it just made him look like an asshole.

That promoter did seem like a douche, and he acted selfishly in putting Hall out there, but he may have done Hall a favor without meaning to. Sometimes having something out there that's so embarrassing can be what it takes for someone to finally see what others see. It's up to Scott to want to live, though. Pretty sad stuff.

Edited by The Critic