Official Squared Circle Thread

WrestleMania 29 will be at Metlife Stadium in New York. Is that a dome? Because I imagine late March in NY outside wouldn't be terriffic conditions.

Pretty much means no MSG for XXX

Edited by Brian

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)
Ditto but the rest of the card should be pretty fun.

Me3.

I'm guessing Daniel Bryan is losing the title at EC. Don't see hom facing anyone for the belt at Mania. He'll probably face Show or something stupid. Why they won't let Bryan feud with a guy he can have a great match with is beyond me. Bryan vs. Orton and Mania would be fine with me.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 06:02 PM)
They are taking a chance on the weather for sure. I don't think they are going to do a smaller arena type show until they can't sell out one of these stadiums.

When they did the Citrus Bowl a few years ago, they had a pretty big canopy over the ring in case it rained. Luckily it was a great night and with the fireworks and everything, it looked great on TV.

Just read a report this morning that TNA sent Vince Russo home from the PPV last night and bought out the remainder of his contract.

If they could do the same with Hulk Hogan, maybe they'd have something going on.

Also heard that David Lagana (former member of WWE creative, has also worked with TNA and ROH in the past as well as hosting the very entertaining "Formerly Creative" podcast) has been helping out with TNA storylines and backstage organization lately. Couldn't hurt to have him around.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 13, 2012 -> 11:23 AM)
Just read a report this morning that TNA sent Vince Russo home from the PPV last night and bought out the remainder of his contract.

If they could do the same with Hulk Hogan, maybe they'd have something going on.Also heard that David Lagana (former member of WWE creative, has also worked with TNA and ROH in the past as well as hosting the very entertaining "Formerly Creative" podcast) has been helping out with TNA storylines and backstage organization lately. Couldn't hurt to have him around.

They probably did that BECAUSE of Hogan. Russo and Bischoff/Hogan have always been at odds with each other

I still remember a few years ago I was starting to really like TNA. Good mix of young talent with some vets and their tag team division was terrific. Than they brought in Russo and everything started to get screwed up. Than they brought in Hogan and it became insufferable. I may start sticking it on the DVR again.

Lagana is definitely a guy who gets it and could help turn things around. I liked his podcast until he stopped.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Feb 13, 2012 -> 11:39 PM)
If they can have wrestlemania at metlife, then would they be opposed to having it at soldier field?

No, the same rules that they use for the Superbowl apply. In Chicago, it is frigid, tundra, snow at all times from Jan-April. In New York, it is balmy and breezy. It is just the way it is

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 09:53 AM)
R Truths debate speech was awesome, that was legit Ultimate Warrior crazy talk

It's hilarious how he just commits and doesn't care about reactions and just keeps getting odder.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 11:38 AM)
It's hilarious how he just commits and doesn't care about reactions and just keeps getting odder.

The Spider Stew part was just out there. The look on Dolph Zigglers face was priceless