Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 21, 2012 -> 09:29 PM)
Do yourself a favor and watch the video Punk posted on Twitter today. f***in awesome

And I couldn't watch it but heard Punk-bryan tonight was once again fantastic.

I watched and can confirm that it was fantastic.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kev211 @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 11:15 PM)
The Rock was awful tonight. Cena blew him out of the water.

It really hasn't been close.

Found my self fast forwarding through Rock's stuff. Rather dull.

Jericho/Punk stuff at the beginning, on the other hand, awesome.

So they are going to push HHH/Taker in the Cell without having them on you further the build up? This is what happens when they rush it. They could of had HHH denying Taker for two more weeks and Taker doing things to convince him, but nope.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 12:51 PM)
I finally got to see the parts of Raw from Monday that I wanted to see. Good Tebow the Punk and Jericho are awesome.

And what has the world come to when Cena is about 100 times better than the Rock?

Rock brought it on himself. If he wanted to avoid giving Cena some bulletin board material, he should try and show up more than once every 4 months

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 10:34 PM)
Cena has been damn good the last 3 or so weeks.

It seems to me he just tries way too hard, and then stealing some of Rock's old quotes. (then again I missed last week's Raw, but saw him today and maybe that was because he was at his hometown) But I've never seen Rock this awful on the mic. He is (or was) one of the best on mic wrestlers ever. Just seems real off.

Edited by SoxAce

According to some wrestling sites I frequent, the WWE is trying to get an even split of fans for WM. So with that said, they are having Rock suck and look shocked. It does make sense though with the whole written line things from last week considering Rock is paid full time to remember lines. He shouldn't need notes. Also, Cena was putting on that Boston accent and hung out with the only section that cheered for him. So far though, WWE's strategy sucks. The promos have been awful on both sides and right now, I'm looking more forward to Taker vs HHH which I think will be pretty bad.

Edited by nitetrain8601

Fell asleep really early and only saw Rock's promo by the Boston Harbor. So he was actually there because I thought he was just doing another via satellite promo after that. I thought the Boston Harbor promo was pretty funny actually. WHat 4th demension of hell do people own a Cena Gnome?

Not to shoot down anyone opinions, and I liked Rock's ring work a lot, but his mic work was not one of the best of all time. He was repetitive and unoriginal at times. Gimme Flair, Heenan, Austin, Roberts, Savage, even the Legion of Doom ahead of Rock on the mic. He has a lot of energy, without a doubt, but most of it reaked of bad Gerwitz writing.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 07:08 AM)
Fell asleep really early and only saw Rock's promo by the Boston Harbor. So he was actually there because I thought he was just doing another via satellite promo after that. I thought the Boston Harbor promo was pretty funny actually. WHat 4th demension of hell do people own a Cena Gnome?

Not to shoot down anyone opinions, and I liked Rock's ring work a lot, but his mic work was not one of the best of all time. He was repetitive and unoriginal at times. Gimme Flair, Heenan, Austin, Roberts, Savage, even the Legion of Doom ahead of Rock on the mic. He has a lot of energy, without a doubt, but most of it reaked of bad Gerwitz writing.

Well, maybe Hawk and Ellering from the LOD, but ANIMAL??? Yeeeeeesh....

:lolhitting

I'd add Jesse Ventura, Nick Bockwinkel ("cretinous humanoids"), Roddy Piper and Mick Foley over the Rock, but that's just my personal preference. A lot of people loved (and still do love) what the Rock does on the mic, but as usual lately, Vince knows what the people want and he's giving them the opposite.

Ultimate Warrior is such a funny trainwreck of a twitter account to follow. He is complaining that Zach Ryder is stealing his trademark facepaint on his action figures, which is funny because I remember a few wrestlers sporting a similar facepaint look(um, early WCW Sting?).

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 12:48 PM)
Well, maybe Hawk and Ellering from the LOD, but ANIMAL??? Yeeeeeesh....

:lolhitting

I'd add Jesse Ventura, Nick Bockwinkel ("cretinous humanoids"), Roddy Piper and Mick Foley over the Rock, but that's just my personal preference. A lot of people loved (and still do love) what the Rock does on the mic, but as usual lately, Vince knows what the people want and he's giving them the opposite.

Good point about ANimal. I loved Hawk's stuff so much.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 11, 2012 -> 08:49 PM)
I think he brings nothing of any interest to the table whatsoever. Virgil had more charisma.

He is so monotonous and everytime he is in the ring talking, he will pause and grimace while looking to his left. Watch for it.

That character could be good but they have Mr. Wallpaper playing it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
John Cena is awesome as of late.

He is creative and fresh, Rock does sophmoric humor and has been brutal. It's not even close.

I do like build for most of the Mania matches. No physical confrontations. Just words.

Cena vs. Henry next week worries me. Henry has been known to hurt guys legit.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 03:51 AM)
He is creative and fresh, Rock does sophmoric humor and has been brutal. It's not even close.

I do like build for most of the Mania matches. No physical confrontations. Just words.

Cena vs. Henry next week worries me. Henry has been known to hurt guys legit.

Cena finally went back to the gimmick people actually liked. I was thoroughly entertained by it. Rock's concert also went well, except for the rapping at the end.