2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:19 PM)
But the Bulls can't offer them a ring. The Heat can.

Balta, I respect you and believe you make an overwhelming amount of intelligent posts.

That being said, that was f***ing stupid.

What SG is going to go split backup minutes with Miller?

Plus, they can offer a chance at a ring, same as the Bulls, not an automatic one.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
That's just this series. Wade is still great. I wouldn't read too much into 4 games.

Would you look into the rest of the season? His numbers outside of rebounds are in decline, and he still cant shoot the 3 after all these years.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 25, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
Would you look into the rest of the season? His numbers outside of rebounds are in decline, and he still cant shoot the 3 after all these years.

What? Over 25 PPG on 50% shooting and a PER of 25.6. Which I believe he was tops among all shooting guards. His stats aren't going to be the same playing with LeBron and Bosh. You should know that.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 25, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
What? Over 25 PPG on 50% shooting and a PER of 25.6. Which I believe he was tops among all shooting guards. His stats aren't going to be the same playing with LeBron and Bosh. You should know that.

I dont do advanced stats in bball, so I dont care about PER, especially when its a superstar player. His stats are on the decline, and his "dropping 30 points" was one year and it looks like an outlier. D Wade is an awesome player, but we've seen what he can be at his peak, and its come and gone. When he was Rose's age he was in his second year in the league and it still took him 4 years to hit his best year that you cited above.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 25, 2011 -> 11:02 PM)
Balta, I respect you and believe you make an overwhelming amount of intelligent posts.

That being said, that was f***ing stupid.

What SG is going to go split backup minutes with Miller?

Plus, they can offer a chance at a ring, same as the Bulls, not an automatic one.

Really, not automatic? Did you watch this postseason?

QUOTE (Brian @ May 26, 2011 -> 07:32 AM)
Only SGs that interest ms this summer are Ray Allen and Caron Butler. I know, CBA, I know.

Would love to see Ray Allen in the corner as Rose drives the lane.

The Celtics have an option on Allen don't they?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 25, 2011 -> 06:49 PM)
What a beast. What's the recovery time on a fractured (I assume hairline?) fibula? I assume all-systems go for 2011-2012 (if applicable).

Rotoworld says 6-8 weeks, so yea, he should be ok for next season.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 26, 2011 -> 06:32 AM)
Only SGs that interest ms this summer are Ray Allen and Caron Butler. I know, CBA, I know.

Would love to see Ray Allen in the corner as Rose drives the lane.

Now is not the time to buy on Ray Allen. He looked like his age is finally catching up to him the last month of the season and in the playoffs.

Caron Butler? Hmmm, maybe. Other options are the aforementioned Afflalo and Jason Richardson.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 26, 2011 -> 09:05 AM)
Now is not the time to buy on Ray Allen. He looked like his age is finally catching up to him the last month of the season and in the playoffs.

Really? We must have been watching a different season. While not looking young, he still looked more than capable out there.

Not sure about the option. Read he was unrestricted FA is all.

All this talk about the Heat winning the next 4 or 5 championships is really premature...first win a couple before we declare them invincible.

And if you think other elite players will stand around and watch the Heat rack up rings, you´re mistaken, I believe we´ll see a few more superteams created to counter Miami and Chicago will likely benefit along with the Lakers, Celtics and Knicks (major market teams).

QUOTE (Brian @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
Really? We must have been watching a different season. While not looking young, he still looked more than capable out there.

Not sure about the option. Read he was unrestricted FA is all.

Ray Allen confirmed to The Associated Press on Wednesday night that he has agreed to a two-year, $20 million contract to return to Boston. With Kevin Garnett under contract, Paul Pierce on the verge of a new four-year deal and coach Doc Rivers also agreeing to return, the Celtics can keep together the core of the 2008 NBA champions for at least two more years.

Allen's agent, Lon Babby, told the AP that the second year is a player option.

Link

I still say that the Bulls push hard after Iggy this offseason.

They like him, he's on the trading block supposedly, and we have 3 first rounders (albeit, two are late firsts) to offer along with expiring contracts.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 26, 2011 -> 12:07 PM)
I still say that the Bulls push hard after Iggy this offseason.

They like him, he's on the trading block supposedly, and we have 3 first rounders (albeit, two are late firsts) to offer along with expiring contracts.

That would be amazing, but how would that work contract-wise? He has a pretty huge deal, right?

The Bulls had more than a prayer in game 4, all they needed as a well designed play with 8 seconds left and they had a great shot at a tied series with home court advantage.

You should assume the Bulls will have 0 cap space, so guys like Iggy etc are most likely not going to happen. Bulls are going to have to find a diamond in the rough or draft a guy and hope.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ May 26, 2011 -> 01:15 PM)
What does that have to do with making the Heat an "automatic" ring next season?

Any rule that allows the Bulls to get better next season is going to allow the Heat to get better as well unless the Bulls nail a late first round draft pick.

If the Bulls are allowed to go over the cap via a mid-level or veterans exemption, the Heat will be also, and the Heat will be a preferred destination rather than an already deep Bulls team (maybe with the possible exception of the shooting guard spot).

If the Heat are forced to divest themselves of assets, the Bulls will be forced to do so harder, having 3 >$10 million guys already and Rose still to sign. If the new CBA forces them to move Bosh, the Bulls will be forced to move 2 of the $10 million guys.

The Heat have proven to be a much better team already than what we saw during the regular season. The Bulls have not.

Yes, you can tell me how Boozer and Noah will get better playing together or Rose will develop for another year, but at this point, Boozer and Noah are bigger injury concerns than Wade even is.

Every rule out there will let hte Heat get better and deeper next year. If you rewrite the rules to prevent that, the rewriting has to hurt the Bulls more than the Heat.

Unless someone like the Lakers lands Howard or Paul, this is the Heat's league and they've now proven that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 26, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)
Any rule that allows the Bulls to get better next season is going to allow the Heat to get better as well unless the Bulls nail a late first round draft pick.

If the Bulls are allowed to go over the cap via a mid-level or veterans exemption, the Heat will be also, and the Heat will be a preferred destination rather than an already deep Bulls team (maybe with the possible exception of the shooting guard spot).

If the Heat are forced to divest themselves of assets, the Bulls will be forced to do so harder, having 3 >$10 million guys already and Rose still to sign. If the new CBA forces them to move Bosh, the Bulls will be forced to move 2 of the $10 million guys.

The Heat have proven to be a much better team already than what we saw during the regular season. The Bulls have not.

Yes, you can tell me how Boozer and Noah will get better playing together or Rose will develop for another year, but at this point, Boozer and Noah are bigger injury concerns than Wade even is.

Every rule out there will let hte Heat get better and deeper next year. If you rewrite the rules to prevent that, the rewriting has to hurt the Bulls more than the Heat.

Unless someone like the Lakers lands Howard or Paul, this is the Heat's league and they've now proven that.

well apparently the 2011-2012 season is over, since Balta says so. I mean, what happens if the Bulls lose in one of the next 3 games, and then the Heat get their asses blitzed by Dallas? Will all of this "The heat can do nothing wrong and will sign whomever they want" talk still persist? Will you still think that the Bulls, who really only had one year under this system and this coach, will not be able to get better?

It isnt doomsday balta. There will be basketball next season despite your constant proclamations that there might not be. The heat might win the championship, they might not, but that doesnt mean everyone should roll over and and accept that they cannot be beaten, players and fans alike.