2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 02:49 PM)
I can live with both Noah and Boozer being traded if the outcome results in Dwight.

I dont think its going to happen though.

I could live with it too...but the problem is...how to you make it happen?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 01:48 PM)
And how does this make them that much better? They're already the number one defensive team out there. They played well enough on that end of the floor against the Heat. The problem was scoring. Dwight doesn't give you that, especially in the 4th quarter. We need a legit, all star 2 guard or small forward. Someone like Jason Terry. Someone that can hit shots consistently when Rose penetrates.

IMO, adding Dwight is almost like adding Shaq to Wade in 2006.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
Except a much younger Shaq.

And a Shaq that doesn't score nearly as many points.

Edit- nevermind, the context appears to be within the 2006 season. Comment withdrawn. :P

Edited by ZoomSlowik

Dwight is no Shaq, but hed still be a significant upgrade over Noah and Ive never liked Boozer so Id do anything to get rid of him.

The only way the Bulls can make it happen would be to trade Boozer for hopefully something Orlando wants, and then put Noah + picks and whatever it takes.

Barring that, I think the Bulls should try and move Boozer for a solid sg, and then use whatever picks they have left to take some shots on guards or forwards.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
Dwight is no Shaq, but hed still be a significant upgrade over Noah and Ive never liked Boozer so Id do anything to get rid of him.

The only way the Bulls can make it happen would be to trade Boozer for hopefully something Orlando wants, and then put Noah + picks and whatever it takes.

Barring that, I think the Bulls should try and move Boozer for a solid sg, and then use whatever picks they have left to take some shots on guards or forwards.

I really dislike the idea of opening up the PF hole again to try to fill the SG hole. Especially considering Boozer's contract size limits who you could get for him to equally overpaid SG's.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)

Ideally, if you deal for Dwight you want to keep Boozer. Dwight can probably make up for a lot of what Boozer fails to do on defense and Boozer's a better offensive player than Joakim.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
I really dislike the idea of opening up the PF hole again to try to fill the SG hole. Especially considering Boozer's contract size limits who you could get for him to equally overpaid SG's.

Technically Taj would fill that void.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)

You're not really "opening up the PF hole". If you play Gibson, the defense gets A LOT better and any offense you lose is made up by adding Dwight.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
Technically Taj would fill that void.

I don't think the Bulls are all that much better with Taj at PF and an overpaid shooting guard (i.e. Joe Johnson) in the backcourt compared to having Boozer.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
I don't think the Bulls are all that much better with Taj at PF and an overpaid shooting guard (i.e. Joe Johnson) in the backcourt compared to having Boozer.

Um, yeah, they're better. The defense at PF gets considerably better, and Boozer didn't exactly make a huge offensive impact when he got hurt/sucked. And someone like Joe Johnson at SG is a HUGE upgrade offensively. Not only can he make shots, he can create his own. He's not as good defensively as Brewer and Bogans, but those two aren't exactly all-league and offer virtually nothing in the shot-making department.

A few things on Russell in support of Jordan although the Wallace/Russell comparison is freaking absurd. Russell was a mediocre offensive player. His efficiency wasabout average for his era and given his size and athleticism advantage that is pretty damn poor. He also never led the Celtics in scoring and almost every year of his career he was either the 3rd or 4th leading scorer on his team. As far as his rebounding and defense goes he was was obviously phenomenal in those areas but his rebounding rate is greatly inflated by the era he played in. Guys were vastly inferior basketball players and shooters which means they shot lower percentages and there were a lot more rebounds to be had. When you also account for the fact that the pace was drastically faster (just a random year but in 64-65 the Celtics has about 108 FGAs per game (41% from the floor) and over 30 FTAs per game, the Timberwolves who played the fastest in the league this year shot only 85 times per game at 44%) you have numbers that are greatly inflated. He was still a great rebounder but there is a reason 3 guys averaged 20+ boards in 64-65 and another one finished at 18 rpg whereas the year Rodman averaged over 18 boards his teams were only getting a little over 90 possessions a game and he was leading the league by about 5 per game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 01:49 PM)
I could live with it too...but the problem is...how to you make it happen?

Is a sign-and-trade with Orlando a possibility? It seems possible if they know Howard is leaving and they think Noah + Boozer/Taj have value?

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)
Is a sign-and-trade with Orlando a possibility? It seems possible if they know Howard is leaving and they think Noah + Boozer/Taj have value?

The difference here is that the Bulls would have no leverage to force a sign and trade.

A sign and trade usually happens because a player wants to sign with another team and has the leverage to make it happen. For example, Lebron declared he was signing with the Heat, the Cavs worked it out as a sign and trade so that Lebron's contract got bigger but they swiped a bunch of draft picks.

The Bulls can't sign Howard on their own without dumping those 2 guys elsewhere previously, so the Bulls have no leverage to force the Magic to deal.

The only real way its a possibility is if you put together a deal that the Magic would actually want...in other words, it's the Carmelo situation, where the Knicks had to virtually gut their entire roster to get him because they didn't have the leverage otherwise.

A sign and trade could happen if the Bulls were one of the few teams Dwight would go to and Orlando felt they had the best pieces.

No idea if it will turn out that way, I dont think the Bulls need Howard to win, but they should definitely explore the possibility.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)
The difference here is that the Bulls would have no leverage to force a sign and trade.

A sign and trade usually happens because a player wants to sign with another team and has the leverage to make it happen. For example, Lebron declared he was signing with the Heat, the Cavs worked it out as a sign and trade so that Lebron's contract got bigger but they swiped a bunch of draft picks.

The Bulls can't sign Howard on their own without dumping those 2 guys elsewhere previously, so the Bulls have no leverage to force the Magic to deal.

The only real way its a possibility is if you put together a deal that the Magic would actually want...in other words, it's the Carmelo situation, where the Knicks had to virtually gut their entire roster to get him because they didn't have the leverage otherwise.

Howard has the leverage to force a deal. It is either that or have him on your roster all year long knowing he is leaving in 12 months, especially if he goes public with that desire.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
Howard has the leverage to force a deal. It is either that or have him on your roster all year long knowing he is leaving in 12 months, especially if he goes public with that desire.

That doesn't mean the Magic have to help, especially if they're not getting something really solid back in return.