2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 05:55 PM)
4 Celtics is ridiculous.

2 Hawks is ridiculous.

3 Heat is ridiculous.

Love not being on there is ridiculous.

If Boozer isn't there, then KG shouldn't be either.

If Bosh or Joe Johnson is there, Deng should be too.

And if Derrick Rose didn't become the MVP tonight, that's ridiculous too.

4 Celtics I'm okay with, best team in the East deserves to have representation, the only 2 Heat players should be the ones starting, Horford is deserving.

Outside of the starting 5, there hasn't been a ton of compelling arguments for the Eastern Conference all-stars.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 05:58 PM)
4 Celtics I'm okay with, best team in the East deserves to have representation, the only 2 Heat players should be the ones starting, Horford is deserving.

Outside of the starting 5, there hasn't been a ton of compelling arguments for the Eastern Conference all-stars.

Bosh and Johnson should not be there if Luol isn't.

KG missed less games than Boozer, but Boozer has better numbers.

If Love isn't on the roster, it's sickening.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 11:16 PM)
Eh, I have a hard time calling someone who can't do anything more than 5 feet away from the basket one of THE best in the game. If teams figure out to collapse and deny the post, Blake will disappear.

And then he'd just crash the glass and still get his 20 points and 12 rebounds a game. Something that is extremely underrated about Griffin is his passing ability. He's not Kevin Love with the outlet passes, but he is great at passing out of the double team.

Garnett's played 9 more games than Boozer and is probably DPOY right now. Fine with him making the All Star team in a weak Eastern Conference.

Johnson over Deng isn't a huge stretch, JJ is obviously the bigger name player and the Eastern Conference isn't stacked with great SG's.

Can't really disagree with the East bench. Last ones probably came down to Bosh or Boozer. Honestly, Noah would've made it had he not gotten injured. Boozer probably the same.

Horford definitely deserved it. Johnson is the bigger name, so they'll always go with that. I can't argue with the C's getting their players in.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 06:22 PM)
Charles is awesome.

And this is f***ing disgusting.

I warned you.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 06:32 PM)
f***ING BOSH.

I don't have a problem with Bosh making it. Everybody knows on another team he's a 24/10 guy, at least. Can't penalize him because he plays with two of the top 5 players in the game.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 07:25 PM)
Can't penalize him because he plays with two of the top 5 players in the game.

And yet Kevin Love is penalized for playing with terrible teammates. That makes no sense.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 07:25 PM)
I warned you.

I don't have a problem with Bosh making it. Everybody knows on another team he's a 24/10 guy, at least. Can't penalize him because he plays with two of the top 5 players in the game.

No, his interview.

He was crying about how tough this year has been for him.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 05:58 PM)

Nah, the "best team" doesn't need to comprise 30% of the roster.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 07:35 PM)
And yet Kevin Love is penalized for playing with terrible teammates. That makes no sense.

Bosh was a 5-time all-star coming into this year. The ONLY reason to leave him off this year is because his stats are down. But it's obvious as to why they're down. I agree with you on Love and I even told you this was gonna happen. Monta Ellis should be there as well.

Who cares about the All-Star game?

Bosh isnt an all-star, I dont care what he may do for another team, its about what he has done this year. Unless the All-Star game is now a lifetime achievement award. And the only top 5 player on the Heat is Lebron.

Im not sure who would pick Bosh or Wade as their first choice at either PF or SG.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)
Who cares about the All-Star game?

Bosh isnt an all-star, I dont care what he may do for another team, its about what he has done this year. Unless the All-Star game is now a lifetime achievement award. And the only top 5 player on the Heat is Lebron.

Im not sure who would pick Bosh or Wade as their first choice at either PF or SG.

Wade is arguably the second best player in the NBA who the hell would you possibly take at SG are over him?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 09:15 PM)
Wait what, who is only talking about the Eastern Conference?

The statement was clearly in reference to the NBA.

Your first post was all over the place. You came off as saying Wade shouldn't be the starting 2-guard for the east. And that you would rather have LeBron as your SG, even though he's not nor has he ever been a SG, and Durant as your SF. Which one is it?

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
I never said anything about Wade being an All-Star.

I said I dont care about All-Stars.

Then I said that I dont think that Wade or Bosh are top 5 players. And its my team and on my team Lebron would be the SG. If he can play PG, he can play SG.

Lol. That's weak. So you say Wade is not the top SG and somebody asks you to name a better one and your rebuttal is to move LeBron to SG? Just say you don't like Wade. Makes a lot more sense.