2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 1, 2011 -> 04:29 PM)
There are a lot of people who doubted Adam Morrison too...

at 6-8, Morrison was probably the least athletic player in the nba and was the slowest player at the wing position. he was worse than kyle korver at putting the ball on the floor and getting to the hoop. the guy also battles type 1 diabetes off the court. it's not a surprise that he turned out as a bust. if you want to compare someone to morrison in this draft, kyle singler would be the closest comparison

like I said, jimmer is decent athlete, and can probably get to the hoop at the pro level as well. He should also be quick enough to guard an average PG in NBA. He seems like a Orlando type of player, so I don't even think the Bulls will have a chance at him. Given that the Bulls will finish better than the Magic for sure.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 1, 2011 -> 04:49 PM)
Fredette reminds me of Ben Gordon.

Ben is/was WAY quicker than Fredette.

The problem with these 6'2"/6'3" combo guards is that for every good one like Gordon or Curry that are 2 others that are nothing but role players and three more that never even got a shot at the league.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 1, 2011 -> 06:47 PM)
Ben is/was WAY quicker than Fredette.

The problem with these 6'2"/6'3" combo guards is that for every good one like Gordon or Curry that are 2 others that are nothing but role players and three more that never even got a shot at the league.

How much of that is related to work ethic though? From everything I have seen, Fredette is one of the hardest working players in college basketball right now.

Blake Griffin is the most exciting player in the NBA -- by far. I love Rose, but I would have to think about a deal straight up for Blake. Ultimately, I would keep Rose. There is only one person I would ever trade Rose for and that's LBJ. But Blake does make me ponder the question for a bit.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Feb 2, 2011 -> 10:53 PM)
James Johnson had 31 points 14 boards and 7 assists in the D-League tonight. I still like him.

I've liked him too, but he unfortunately is behind too many players on the Bulls. Deng + Boozer + Taj + Korver (a bit). There is just no minutes for him. He tried to slim down to play more wing, but isn't a good enough ball handler. He basically is a tweener of a 3/4 (though now to light to play a true 4). Turnover prone and forces bad shots when he is in. He will probably be a solid role player in the NBA just not on the Bulls.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 2, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
I've liked him too, but he unfortunately is behind too many players on the Bulls. Deng + Boozer + Taj + Korver (a bit). There is just no minutes for him. He tried to slim down to play more wing, but isn't a good enough ball handler. He basically is a tweener of a 3/4 (though now to light to play a true 4). Turnover prone and forces bad shots when he is in. He will probably be a solid role player in the NBA just not on the Bulls.

I disagree, I think he actually is a pretty solid ball handler from when Ive seen him play. On top of that he is more of a 2/3 than a 3/4 and we have no legit backup SF and SG is a position the Bulls are weak at too. Yes, the Bulls have Korver but I think JJ brings more to the table. I think something happened behind the scenes that put him in the back of the line.