2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 06:17 PM)
Doesnt he have a history of being mediocre for Utah in the playoffs too? I could be making that up but thought it was always a knock against him.

He had a reputation I guess cuz he'd fold against the Lakers, but he was 20-12 there, not exactly b**** numbers. And the Bulls would be beating Indiana by double digits if he was doing that.

His rebounding is fine though. He gets them easily because he boxes out.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 05:20 PM)
Take your own advice.

No one is blameless, myself and yourself included. Each side feels the need to bait the other side after every f***ing game when nothing is changing. It's a giant waste of f***ing time.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 05:22 PM)
No one is blameless, myself and yourself included. Each side feels the need to bait the other side after every f***ing game when nothing is changing. It's a giant waste of f***ing time.

Great. So don't use a post full of bait, to tell people to knock it off. It is kinda counterproductive.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 05:23 PM)
Great. So don't use a post full of bait, to tell people to knock it off. It is kinda counterproductive.

Jesus christ, are you kidding me? My post wasn't baiting anyone to continue the stupid argument. It was an effort to get this thread back on track, as opposed to having the same pointless argument for the next 20 pages like we've had over the last few weeks.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
It's different in the playoffs when you're facing elite front lines though. Boozer is only, what, 6'7"? He has decent post moves but it's not like he's much of a ballhandler or anything that'd mitigate the height disadvantage when he gets trapped under a 7 footer.

I was expecting him to take over once hibbard left, he didn't. He needs to back people up more, especially hansbrough when that's who is guarding him.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
Jesus christ, are you kidding me? My post wasn't baiting anyone to continue the stupid argument. It was an effort to get this thread back on track, as opposed to having the same pointless argument for the next 20 pages like we've had over the last few weeks.

Seriously, just stop posting about it then. Just stop.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)

"None of the Rose crowd is going to be convinced by statistical arguments, and none of the Paul crowd gives a s*** how little the Rose crowd cares for stats. We get it, you hate them and think they mean nothing. We disagree, big f***ing deal."

This is a total "waaa we are better but please lets end this waaaa" argument.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 05:28 PM)
"None of the Rose crowd is going to be convinced by statistical arguments, and none of the Paul crowd gives a s*** how little the Rose crowd cares for stats. We get it, you hate them and think they mean nothing. We disagree, big f***ing deal."

This is a total "waaa we are better but please lets end this waaaa" argument.

My apologies if it was taken that way. It was not the intent.

To guys like Felix and J4L, it is pointless to discuss pure basketball intellect about a player on a team in that city's message board. While I agree/disagree with what has been posted, it's just not going to go in favor here. Like I said before, it pisses me off how much Chicago people overrate Rose just as much as it pisses me off how much non Chicago fans underrate him. We can all agree that Derrick Rose is damn good, and will only get better. You can also throw away any post which says he's god when he's going to win MVP and not even be the best player in the league. (though how people are arguing he is over LeBron just proves the overrated point) BUT, he is definitely the most valuable on his team.

I didn't see anybody arguing that Rose was better than LeBron anywhere I've read in here... that he should be MVP yes but basically everyone concedes that LeBron is probably the best player in the NBA even when they say Rose is MVP. If the MVP went to the best player in the NBA, then MJ would have about 14 or 15 of them.

I don't know... I mean you guys are taking things that maybe 2 posters have said and exaggerating it so you can chest thump or... something. What are you even trying to accomplish actually? I mean, really, I don't know.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 09:32 PM)
I love Dwight Howard off the court. ON the court, he's a POS.

I just saw the highlights, but it didn't look like he was really too involved. I mean, he was pissed when he was first fouled, but everyone is when they first get fouled. When the s*** actually started to fly, it looked like he was actually keeping his cool and trying to get Richardson away.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as I only saw the highlight and didn't see it realtime.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
I just saw the highlights, but it didn't look like he was really too involved. I mean, he was pissed when he was first fouled, but everyone is when they first get fouled. When the s*** actually started to fly, it looked like he was actually keeping his cool and trying to get Richardson away.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as I only saw the highlight and didn't see it realtime.

He practically punched Pachulia(sp?) and would of got away with it if all the drama didn't go down.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)

Howard threw the elbow at Pachulia to start the whole thing. Then Pachulia got upset and started talking, Richardson said something to him, Pachulia headbutted Richardson, who then slapped him back. It was pretty ridiculous.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 05:19 PM)
It's different in the playoffs when you're facing elite front lines though. Boozer is only, what, 6'7"? He has decent post moves but it's not like he's much of a ballhandler or anything that'd mitigate the height disadvantage when he gets trapped under a 7 footer.

6'9"

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 07:19 PM)
I don't know... I mean you guys are taking things that maybe 2 posters have said and exaggerating it so you can chest thump or... something. What are you even trying to accomplish actually? I mean, really, I don't know.

From what I read, they want to be cool and different and think that throwing unproven statistics in our faces will make us say "you're right, the Bulls should totally offer D-Rose for CP3, because that would be brilliant!"

Oh, and that I can't say that's a crazy idea without being a labeled a "homer", even though Rose is going to win MVP at 22 years old. Infuriating.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
Howard threw the elbow at Pachulia to start the whole thing. Then Pachulia got upset and started talking, Richardson said something to him, Pachulia headbutted Richardson, who then slapped him back. It was pretty ridiculous.

Whoa, there was a headbutt??

Of all the nights to be out to a quiet dinner with the wife! Thank God for NBA Gametime!

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)
He practically punched Pachulia(sp?) and would of got away with it if all the drama didn't go down.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)

Just rewatched the highlights and yeah, he definitely threw a little elbow in there. My mistake, definitely missed it on the first watch.