2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
From what I read, they want to be cool and different and think that throwing unproven statistics in our faces will make us say "you're right, the Bulls should totally offer D-Rose for CP3, because that would be brilliant!"

Oh, and that I can't say that's a crazy idea without being a labeled a "homer", even though Rose is going to win MVP at 22 years old. Infuriating.

Dude. They said CP3 is better than Rose right. Not that they'd trade for him

Me? I disagree, but I've beat to death my examples.

At this point, both sides are making good, valid points, but some people won't concede ground.

This year is the year of Rose. Next...who knows? If Paul is completely healthy, Derrick will have to improve some facets of his game to keep the Point God crown. He earned it this year, but it was Deron's at the end of last year and Paul's before that. Westbrook could even break through and go insane? But this year, it's Derrick. So let's just see what happens from here.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
Dude. They said CP3 is better than Rose right. Not that they'd trade for him

J4L said he'd trade Rose for CP3. That is the statement I have found so insulting and will not concede ground on.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)
J4L said he'd trade Rose for CP3. That is the statement I have found so insulting and will not concede ground on.

That's false. I said I wouldn't be upset if that trade went down. Scroll back.

Check post #4962 if you don't believe me.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 11:02 PM)

Hm. Well, that in and of itself is offensive, but my mistake, yo.

I'd hunt down Gar-Pax and execute them if such a trade were to be made.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 10:53 PM)
It will never be Rondo, and to bring his name up is insulting

Admittedly I'm not the soberest (is this even a word? probably not) person in the room right now, but I'm 99.9% sure you're the only person to even mention Rondo's name in the last 10 pages of this thread.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 11:06 PM)
Admittedly I'm not the soberest (is this even a word? probably not) person in the room right now, but I'm 99.9% sure you're the only person to even mention Rondo's name in the last 10 pages of this thread.

Yo. I think I brought him up.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)

So that's what this entire b****fest is all about? One guy says "I'd trade Rose for Paul" and it explodes for like 100 posts?

From my vantage point, Rose and Paul are pretty much equally valuable players who perform in different ways. Paul is a distributer who can control the tempo of a game and will get his teammates open looks all the time, but still has the ability to score and drive to the hoop on occasions. Rose is very much the focal point of the Bulls entire offense as he controls literally everything for the entire team, and whichever way Rose goes so go the Bulls. If you put Derrick Rose on the Miami Heat, they probably wouldn't have won any more games. If you put Chris Paul on the Heat, they probably win 5-10 more games because it allows Wade and James more freedom and allows them to actually run offensive sets instead of getting like 99.4% of their points off of fast breaks and isolation plays. But, if you replace Rose with Paul or Paul with Rose, neither the Bulls nor the Hornets would have been nearly as good. The Hornets a probably a similar team to what the Bulls had for Rose's entire career - a .500 team that can fight and scrap their way to a couple playoff wins and then go home. The Bulls are probably an inconsistent offensive team that lost more games down the stretch than they already did and they probably "only" win about 50-54 games.

They are both really f***ing good at basketball.

So a few people think Paul is better, and a few think Rose is better. And a couple of them might trade Rose for Paul. Who cares? Let it go. Talk about basketball, because I like reading that. I don't like reading people b**** about Rose v Paul.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)

Check post #4962 if you don't believe me.

I personally think we should keep Rose and then just trade the rest of the team for another superstar and try being more like the Knicks. I hear that's the way to win championships.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)
So that's what this entire b****fest is all about? One guy says "I'd trade Rose for Paul" and it explodes for like 100 posts?

From my vantage point, Rose and Paul are pretty much equally valuable players who perform in different ways. Paul is a distributer who can control the tempo of a game and will get his teammates open looks all the time, but still has the ability to score and drive to the hoop on occasions. Rose is very much the focal point of the Bulls entire offense as he controls literally everything for the entire team, and whichever way Rose goes so go the Bulls. If you put Derrick Rose on the Miami Heat, they probably wouldn't have won any more games. If you put Chris Paul on the Heat, they probably win 5-10 more games because it allows Wade and James more freedom and allows them to actually run offensive sets instead of getting like 99.4% of their points off of fast breaks and isolation plays. But, if you replace Rose with Paul or Paul with Rose, neither the Bulls nor the Hornets would have been nearly as good. The Hornets a probably a similar team to what the Bulls had for Rose's entire career - a .500 team that can fight and scrap their way to a couple playoff wins and then go home. The Bulls are probably an inconsistent offensive team that lost more games down the stretch than they already did and they probably "only" win about 50-54 games.

They are both really f***ing good at basketball.

So a few people think Paul is better, and a few think Rose is better. And a couple of them might trade Rose for Paul. Who cares? Let it go. Talk about basketball, because I like reading that. I don't like reading people b**** about Rose v Paul.

You really don't think that's a fair comparison, do you?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 03:22 AM)
I personally think we should keep Rose and then just trade the rest of the team for another superstar and try being more like the Knicks. I hear that's the way to win championships.

Agreed, they are dominant.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 10:49 AM)
Hope the Chris Paul fans enjoyed those 4 points he put up in the 2nd half last night. Going into invisible/silent as your teams season dies just shows how much better you are than Derrick Rose.

Wins aren't important. Stats are.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 10:53 AM)
Wins aren't important. Stats are.

Fantastic analysis. That's basically exactly what we've been saying all along. Thank you for summarizing for the people who don't care to read.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 05:11 PM)
This Rose/Paul debate has gotten nowhere. Can people just shut the f*** up about it and stop baiting the others that they disagree with? It's completely pointless. None of the Rose crowd is going to be convinced by statistical arguments, and none of the Paul crowd gives a s*** how little the Rose crowd cares for stats. We get it, you hate them and think they mean nothing. We disagree, big f***ing deal.

At least I don´t call people idiots when I don´t agree with them...and check my posts, I never posted anything negative on your mancrush Kevin Love.

Just because I take Rose over CP3 doesn´t make me an idiot.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)
Fantastic analysis. That's basically exactly what we've been saying all along. Thank you for summarizing for the people who don't care to read.

So based on efficiency ratings, Carlos Boozer just missed out being an All Defense player.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 12:06 AM)

No I was just saying that to be saying it. We don't have many (if any) Celtics fans here or thered be people acting like it was still a valid argument.