2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)
Jesus christ Foster's foul on Deng was a f***ing wrestling move, except this is an actual hit in the head, not pretend. He should be suspended for that.

I didn't think that he was THAT good of a player.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)
And this is when the conversation ends. That's a really, really, really, really downright moronic analysis of Rose's night.

Reminds you a bit of this, eh?

"Twins general manager Bill Smith, on Livan Hernandez, who improved to 10-6 with a 5.29 earned-run average with Saturday's victory over Texas: I'll take the (10) wins. Who do you want, a guy who's 10-15 with a 2.80 ERA or a guy who's 16-8 with a 7.00 ERA? I'll take the 16-8."

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
Reminds you a bit of this, eh?

"Twins general manager Bill Smith, on Livan Hernandez, who improved to 10-6 with a 5.29 earned-run average with Saturday's victory over Texas: I'll take the (10) wins. Who do you want, a guy who's 10-15 with a 2.80 ERA or a guy who's 16-8 with a 7.00 ERA? I'll take the 16-8."

That was actually the first thing that came to mind. It's amazing how f***ing stupid people can be.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 10:27 PM)
That was actually the first thing that came to mind. It's amazing how f***ing stupid people can be.

You don't have to like what he said, but you need to knock it off right now.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
You don't have to like what he said, but you need to knock it off right now.

If people can do the same thing about others who disagree about Rose, I'm not going to feel any sorrow about doing it right back.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 10:32 PM)
If people can do the same thing about others who disagree about Rose, I'm not going to feel any sorrow about doing it right back.

Had I seen someone say someone was "f***ing stupid" for disagreeing about Rose (which I didn't) I'd have said something. This isn't up for debate though unless you, or whoever else wants to participate in this unnecessary f***ery, don't feel like posting for 10 days.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 08:40 PM)
How bad were Foster's fouls? I didn't see the first 47:30 of the game.

The foul on Deng was an incredibly dirty play. The foul on Rose wasn't really that bad but players take exception to any foul that is even remotely hard these days.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 09:37 PM)
Had I seen someone say someone was "f***ing stupid" for disagreeing about Rose (which I didn't) I'd have said something. This isn't up for debate though unless you, or whoever else wants to participate in this unnecessary f***ery, don't feel like posting for 10 days.

There's no difference between using the words "f***ing stupid" and saying the same thing in more words. If you want to flex your online mod muscles to prove a point, you're welcome to, but it doesn't change a thing.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 10:45 PM)
Is anyone worried that the 8th seed Pacers are really pushing the Bulls to the limit and are in real trouble versus better teams than the Pacers?

not really. Had the Pacers been healthy all season, properly utilized their personnel, and been properly coached, they might be a 4th or 5th seed. They'll win a lot more than 37 games next year. They are giving the Bulls matchup problems w/George's long arms guarding Rose, trapping him, and factoring Deng out of plays. Boozer is... eh. They won't necessarily see the same matchups against Miami or Boston. Plus I mean a 3-0 series lead is a 3-0 series lead. It doesn't really matter how they got there.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)
That's because there's really no point in doing it. Do I think Paul is a better player than Rose? Yes, and one game doesn't change that (It's worth noting that his game was still incredibly efficient). Is it worth making that argument in here, where people clearly have no interest in listening? No, not really.

Rose was bad tonight, there's no denying that but when the Bulls needed him most, he stepped up and made the play. Paul might have been "efficient" last night but when the Hornets needed him in crunch time, he literally disappeared.

Whatever, you're right on the fact that there's no point in arguing this anymore. I'll take Derrick's ability to finish off games and everyone else can have Paul's efficiency.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
Rose was bad tonight, there's no denying that but when the Bulls needed him most, he stepped up and made the play. Paul might have been "efficient" last night but when the Hornets needed him in crunch time, he literally disappeared.

Whatever, you're right on the fact that there's no point in arguing this anymore. I'll take Derrick's ability to finish off games and everyone else can have Paul's efficiency.

Seriously advanced basketball metrics suck. When they can recognize that one guy can literally win games for a team, then we can talk.

You guys act as if it's mutually exclusive. Efficient players can be closers. You don't have to chuck up 25 shots a night just to finish off a game. Once Rose realizes this and stops settling for the long contested threes, he'll take his game to a much higher level.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)
You guys act as if it's mutually exclusive. Efficient players can be closers. You don't have to chuck up 25 shots a night just to finish off a game. Once Rose realizes this and stops settling for the long contested threes, he'll take his game to a much higher level.

Blah blah blah I hate the bulls, their fans, and Rose.

Go concentrate on the draft.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)
Blah blah blah I hate the bulls, their fans, and Rose.

Go concentrate on the draft.

Yep, let's take a massive s*** on my point and ignore the gist behind it, while taking a shot at the team I root for. REAL productive.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 10:22 PM)
Yep, let's take a massive s*** on my point and ignore the gist behind it, while taking a shot at the team I root for. REAL productive.

Your points are moot since you are a terrible hater. You should enjoy watching winning basketball.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 09:10 PM)

With the cast Rose has around him, he has to be taking shots and that's why he does so. He hasn't done this in years past but part of him taking his game to the next level has been him(and most likely through Thibs telling him to do so) shooting more so than he's ever done in his life.

And as for Paul, one of the reasons his stats once against looked pretty and efficient last night is because he literally sat in the corner for the last 3 or so minutes of the game and didn't even demand the ball when he gave it up, just sat around and allowed his teammates to lose the game for his squad. That's when I can't stand having my best player take a whole 11 shots in a game, he needs to be demanding of the ball in the last few minutes when he's clearly his teams best player, instead he became a spectator when his team really did have a legit shot to win that game.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 10:27 PM)
Felix > this thread

I'm sorry. He offers up legitimate analysis. The Rose homerism around here is nearing realgm status. The dude is f***ing awesome. Felix has admitted this. He's a fool because he'd rather have Paul? I don't think so.

I think it looks foolish when one player is three years younger and the mvp of the league. Rose never disappears during the fourth quarter like Paul did last night. That's where Rose shines and it really separates the two IMO.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)
Felix > this thread

I'm sorry. He offers up legitimate analysis. The Rose homerism around here is nearing realgm status. The dude is f***ing awesome. Felix has admitted this. He's a fool because he'd rather have Paul? I don't think so.

Do you really think you should be the one calling people out in this thread?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
Your points are moot since you are a terrible hater. You should enjoy watching winning basketball.

I preach exactly what Felix has said. Rose shouldn't be taking so many 3s. It doesn't really benefit him to be chucking so many up at a mediocre percentage. He can shoot 3 of them per game instead of 5 and guys will still play close on him at the perimeter, giving him a good chance to blow past his defender. Rose's mid-range shot is pretty good. He really needs to go back to that more (like 2-3 times more a game) instead of shooting the 3s. I'm not saying Rose should shoot less necessarily, because the Bulls need him to shoot 20-25 times a game to win. It's really just a shot selection thing.

I don't know if I agree with Felix that Paul is necessarily better, but there's nothing wrong with what Felix has said. Just because he's not a Bulls fan doesn't mean his opinion doesn't matter.

Edited by chw42