2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 10:32 AM)
That's just it though when you say how team-oriented it is. When Boozer is 11th in the league, you can see how flawed the statistic is. Rose has made leaps and bounds defensively though and has shut down the top PGs in the league.

As for the Paul vs. Rose debate, it amazes me how quickly people's minds change. Two months ago, it was Deron vs. Rose. Rose is the better player right now and there is no way I would even think about trading him for Chris Paul.

I will say Paul is close to Rose, but you guys are advocating for a guy who averaged just under 16 points per game and whose numbers are declining the past three years. That's not a trend you want.

But in the long run...Paul will be more durable!

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 12:50 PM)
Which is why I don't really watch it at all anymore and just stick to college. I was already disgusted but once the Sonics were stolen I pretty much completely gave up.

I just thought about this and it makes me wonder - you're not from Seattle and you're a Sonics fan, so why does geography matter in this case?

I didn't have a chance to watch the game, but CP3's line tonight was quite mediocre (for him) and regular-season like. Did the Lakers finally give him more attention on defense?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 06:50 PM)
I say it every year but the games in the 1st round should be every other day unless there are scheduling conflicts with the buildings and even that should be avoided.

No s***

Why the hell don't they play more frequently

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 06:50 PM)
I say it every year but the games in the 1st round should be every other day unless there are scheduling conflicts with the buildings and even that should be avoided.

Well, unlike the NHL, the NBA wants each game to stand on its own, so the first round lasts forever. They don't play two games at once.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 10:44 PM)
I didn't have a chance to watch the game, but CP3's line tonight was quite mediocre (for him) and regular-season like. Did the Lakers finally give him more attention on defense?

You mean the entire regular season where he was above average, but not near the player Rose was? Oh wait, I thought we were all jumping to conclusions based upon one game and had declared him a deity?

Sorry guys, I had to.

I'm not one to sip a ton of coolaid, albeit, I watch sports because I enjoy watching them so I try not to ever get angry watching a game, but Rose, while he has flaws, is one of the best players in the world right now and is playing out of this world.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 10:26 AM)
I really have no problem with a long NBA playoff. What's the harm in being able to watch a few more games? It's not like baseball where if they go on too long, suddenly the game gets snowed out.

Same here. I f***ing love it.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 11:44 PM)

They switched defenders on him(wasn't Fisher the whole game) and he basically just disappeared in the 4th quarter. Wasn't one of his better efforts, that's for sure.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 11:07 AM)
They switched defenders on him(wasn't Fisher the whole game) and he basically just disappeared in the 4th quarter. Wasn't one of his better efforts, that's for sure.

Kobe was all over him when I was watching the game, wouldnt even let him walk down the court without the ball. It was a nice strategy from the Lakers.

Thought so. That's the kind of defense that's been on Derrick Rose all season (especially in the playoffs).

That is a big part of good coaching in beating a superior offensive player. You throw multiple "fresh" defenders at him. Give him different looks, deny the ball, knock him around etc.