2010-2011 NBA Thread

The Bucks and Grizzlies would be my 2 prime candidates for contraction, with Minnesota probably coming in 3rd.

The Bucks have survived largely thanks to Herb Kohl's generous pockets. Once he goes, they're in trouble because they never sell the Bradley Center out.

Memphis just isn't a NBA town, they're not like Oklahoma City which is a similar sort of town but those fans are dedicated, Memphis's are not.

If Seattle ever sorted their arena issues out, I think it'd be wise to have a team move there eventually again, they had terrific fan support in the 90's when they had the likes of Kemp, Payton and Detlef Schrempf.

As for Miami's injury issues so far, well boo hoo for them. Now we'll see how that depth out theirs is going to try and step up.

Won't be a surprise to see Orlando beating Miami in the Southeast as they go into 2011 (especially with how good the Magic have looked in the pre-season with Bass and Anderson stepping up to give SVG a bonafide 10 man rotation now).

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Oct 22, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)
I think Mark Jackson is still stinging from his teams getting beat by Jordan repeatedly...

Pretty much. He's had beef with Jordan for the last decade. Didn't Jordan bounce a ball off his head in a game in '98? Lol. I bet mj wouldn't even remember Jackson if he weren't a commentator.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 22, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
Pretty much. He's had beef with Jordan for the last decade. Didn't Jordan bounce a ball off his head in a game in '98? Lol. I bet mj wouldn't even remember Jackson if he weren't a commentator.

I disagree. I have a feeling that Jordan has a great recollection of the best he played all the way down to the worst. Dude was a gamer and no matter how s***ty you were he studied you and knew your weaknesses and your strengths.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 22, 2010 -> 04:42 PM)
I disagree. I have a feeling that Jordan has a great recollection of the best he played all the way down to the worst. Dude was a gamer and no matter how s***ty you were he studied you and knew your weaknesses and your strengths.

Sure when he was still playing. Doubt he recalls the average players/scrubs he used to regularly piss on.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 22, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
It's pretty obvious.

And man, the dude just wants to blow LBJ. I'm listening to the podcast right now.

Glad I am not the only one who had that opinion. I just couldn't keep listening to him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 10:51 PM)
So the Heat signed Stackhouse? WTF?

NM. I guess Mike Miller is going to be out until possible January? So I guess this is just a stop-gap until he's healthy. I don't see what the hell Stackhouse offers to this team.

I was about to answer it, then you answered it.

The Heat are becoming fascinating with their old bench.

The Hornets got Jerryd Bayless for a conditional 1st rounder.

Very underrated move for them. Monty Williams obviously know Bayless from his time in Portland and he's a direct replacement for Collison.

For the price, the Hornets definitely win that trade, although it's a cost cutting move for Portland it appears. Also gives NO more options if CP3 gets traded I guess.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 07:06 AM)
The Hornets got Jerryd Bayless for a conditional 1st rounder.

Very underrated move for them. Monty Williams obviously know Bayless from his time in Portland and he's a direct replacement for Collison.

For the price, the Hornets definitely win that trade, although it's a cost cutting move for Portland it appears. Also gives NO more options if CP3 gets traded I guess.

That also clears some additional backcourt minutes for Rudy!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 06:23 PM)
I'm not going to hate. It's a cool commercial.

I agree, it was kinda cool. But my favorite part had to be:

"Am I supposed to stop listening to my friends?""

"But they are my friends"

Yeah, you f***ing dumbass. They are your friends with zero business experience, who are making awful business decisions that have led you on this path.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 09:19 AM)
I have chosen to ignore all things Heat and Lebron, unless they are playing the Bulls.

This is going to be a tough year for you then because the Heat will be all over the media. The intensity of coverage when they break the single season win record is going to be insane, and by the end of the season you will hear people everywhere discussing whether or not Lebron is the greatest basketball player ever. It will not be pleasant....

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 09:37 AM)
This is going to be a tough year for you then because the Heat will be all over the media. The intensity of coverage when they break the single season win record is going to be insane, and by the end of the season you will hear people everywhere discussing whether or not Lebron is the greatest basketball player ever. It will not be pleasant....

I typically dont watch ESPN, that makes things much easier.