2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 05:20 PM)
Have you paid much attention to his personal life?

Or how he went out of his way to criticize the Bulls, only to then act like he was interested in joining them in order to learn what their sales pitch was to Bosh and James?

So what sort of penalty should we expect to see laid upon the Knicks for this?

link

For the past four years, the New York Knicks may have circumvented NBA draft rules by conducting secret workouts of collegiate players throughout gymnasiums in suburban Atlanta, Yahoo! Sports has found.

Knicks director of East Coast scouting Rodney Heard coordinated and conducted the sessions, three players who were involved in some of the workouts told Yahoo! Sports – including one May 2007 session that resulted in a devastating knee injury to Kansas All-American Brandon Rush(notes). A tear of the anterior cruciate ligament in Rush’s right knee forced him to withdraw from the 2007 draft and required surgery plus six months of rehabilitation.

League sources with knowledge of the workouts said Heard trained forward Wilson Chandler(notes) for multiple weeks before the 2007 predraft camp. The Knicks went on to draft Chandler with the 23rd overall pick that year.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 10:44 AM)
I don't get the Wade hate personally. He re-signed with the team that drafted him.

There shouldn't be on the court, but he gets clumped into the guilt by association deal I guess. He's playing with James and Bosh who jumped onto his team. Just the way it is. I used to go for the Heat because I liked him, but I'm not going to go for them anymore.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 06:44 PM)
There shouldn't be on the court, but he gets clumped into the guilt by association deal I guess. He's playing with James and Bosh who jumped onto his team. Just the way it is. I used to go for the Heat because I liked him, but I'm not going to go for them anymore.

You say that as though he had nothing to do with them coming to his team hot South Beach party.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 05:29 PM)
So who are people rooting for tonight, Heat or Celtics? I'm going for injuries myself. :D

That's definitely my rooting interest tonight as well.

Unfortunately, my 2nd pick after injuries will be the Celtics as the Heat literally just disgust me. Not to mention I'm tired of hearing about all this 72 win non-sense.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 07:28 PM)
there is absolutely 0 inside presence on this heat team offensively

Bosh? I kid, I kid.

That is going to be the weakness of Miami. Their inside presence. They have old people who are no longer good, have undersized people, or underweight people. Bosh is a stick. He'll still provide good output from PF, but at the same time, most good/great PF's will eat him alive. Miami really should've gone after Boozer(I know he's injured now) to provide a bulldozer downlow. Then they could get away with a crusty C and they would be fine.

Either way though, I'm still putting the house on Miami winning the championship until Bynum is completely healthy and shows it in the Finals.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)
Bosh? I kid, I kid.

That is going to be the weakness of Miami. Their inside presence. They have old people who are no longer good, have undersized people, or underweight people. Bosh is a stick. He'll still provide good output from PF, but at the same time, most good/great PF's will eat him alive. Miami really should've gone after Boozer(I know he's injured now) to provide a bulldozer downlow. Then they could get away with a crusty C and they would be fine.

Either way though, I'm still putting the house on Miami winning the championship until Bynum is completely healthy and shows it in the Finals.

Boozer isn't exactly a beast defensively either and gets a lot of his points on the pick and roll. They'd still have a lot of the same issues.