2010 World Series: Rangers vs. Giants

Brian

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 10:34 AM)
What I've realized really sucks about baseball is that the only way to determine who is truly the best team........

It's not about the best team. It's who is hottest at the moment and how they match up. That happens in the NHL, NFL, NBA.

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)
It's not about the best team. It's who is hottest at the moment and how they match up. That happens in the NHL, NFL, NBA.

Not nearly as much though. I don't think there is any question that the two best teams were in the Superbowl last season, considering they started out like 13-0 and 14-0. I think basketball is the absolute best example of the best team winning it, because it is such a superstar driven league, and the team that has that superstar player with a good supporting cast almost always wins it. I don't follow the NHL nearly as much, but I do know that if you get a goalie who starts playing well at the right time, he can carry you a long way as well, so that, along with the limited scoring, is probably the closest example to baseball as there is...but those teams still have to win 16 games (and can play as many as 28) to win. That just isn't present in baseball.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 03:38 AM)
This just proves that the NL is the superior league.

You have to love Bochy getting credit for having Huff bunt in the 7th inning. In reality, the bunt took the bat out of the hands of one of their best hitters and put Burrell in a situation where he had to make contact. Edgar bailed out Bochy though.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
I'm really happy for Rowand and Uribe it's just awesome that their careers brought them here. Also, hell of a thing for Posey and Renteria. I wouldn't be suprised if Renteria retires and chooses to go out like this. That would be an ending fitting for the start.

Who else can say that they scored deciding Series runs in one of their first and last seasons and won titles both years?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
So who had the Giants to win it all in March? Congrats to SanFran. :cheers

I had them at the beginning of the playoffs, if that counts.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)
I'm really happy for Rowand and Uribe it's just awesome that their careers brought them here. Also, hell of a thing for Posey and Renteria. I wouldn't be suprised if Renteria retires and chooses to go out like this. That would be an ending fitting for the start.

That would be an awesome way to go out.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)
The state of Texas is now 1-8 all time in World Series games.

Pretty bad, and now they have the 3rd and 4th longest World Series droughts in the majors.

Man, the Giants win it in 5.

That's like us winning it in four that one year.

The Ranger bats were just dead. Don't get it. Except ... that's baseball.

Can you believe Uribe and Rowand win another WS? That's just wild. I wonder if this one is sweeter for them. It certainly removes them from our 05 title a bit considering they were able to do it again in a short period of time.

Good for them.

I feel bad for Texas though. The Rangers had a great year.

Cliff Lee is still phenomenal but he doesn't deserve some insane insane deal.

Like 15 mill a year for 5 years or something.

Cmon. Pitchers can fall apart at any time nowadays.

Anybody who pays him Sabathia money is NUTS.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 09:40 PM)
You have to love Bochy getting credit for having Huff bunt in the 7th inning. In reality, the bunt took the bat out of the hands of one of their best hitters and put Burrell in a situation where he had to make contact. Edgar bailed out Bochy though.

As did Cliff Lee. Don't throw that fastball up right there. Edgar had been on fire and clutch in the WS, while Rowand barely even played anymore. Pitch around Renteria, especially on 2-0, and take your chances with Rowand.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)

Renteria still has that big 2nd year on his contract though.

Anyway, everyone hated that Renteria deal, he struggled the whole year, and he winds up WS MVP. Yowza.