2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 09:12 PM)
Terra Nova is alright, but I don't like TV shows that use a lot of effects that also don't have the money to do it well. Fake CGI is one of the worst things in entertainment. I don't see this show making it past 3 seasons, tops.

Yeah, it is. Like SOA, everything seems to wrap up in a neat little package. The ending of season 4 being the only real exception I can recall.

Youdidnt find the cockblockasaurus to be realistic?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 08:12 PM)
Terra Nova is alright, but I don't like TV shows that use a lot of effects that also don't have the money to do it well. Fake CGI is one of the worst things in entertainment. I don't see this show making it past 3 seasons, tops.

I finally watched the pilot last night. My biggest problem is that everything is so cliche. Like eyerollingly cliche. I'll give it a few weeks, but I agree that it probably won't last long.

I watched Breaking Bad last night. It was definitely solid... the continual wait for s*** to go down is really, really building the suspense. I'm hoping Gus left to go back because he realized something was off with Jessie, vs having some sort of Spidey-Sense about Walt being ready to toast him in his car.

I'd like to say, one more time, for those of you who have Showtime or have Comcast (Comcast is currently offering 3 free months on all movie channels if you call in and speak to a rep), you really have to watch 'Homeland'.

It was like a slightly slower, slightly more realistic '24', and the scenes for the season look epic.

It might be out there, but I wonder if Walt's glasses on top of his head didn't catch Gus's attention. That's a pretty basic military deal, look for reflections. The camera on Walt, at one point, did a slight zoom in on his glasses. I don't know, I may just be reaching for a justification for Gus's super-senses. I do like the idea that perhaps he turned around for a completely different reason.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 08:40 AM)
It might be out there, but I wonder if Walt's glasses on top of his head didn't catch Gus's attention. That's a pretty basic military deal, look for reflections. The camera on Walt, at one point, did a slight zoom in on his glasses. I don't know, I may just be reaching for a justification for Gus's super-senses. I do like the idea that perhaps he turned around for a completely different reason.

Yeah, but that was after he stopped. Why did he stop in the first place?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)
Yeah, but that was after he stopped. Why did he stop in the first place?

I think it was his reaction to Jessie bringing up the poison. There was a lot of communication in the hospital chapel without words. I think both of them understood what was going on, hence Gus' backing down from getting Jesse to come cook. From Gus' perspective, how on earth could Jessie know that Gus played a role? He must have talked to Walter, and he knows Walter will do/try just about anything. Pretty stellar episode. The scene with Jesse and Walt was amazing.

Re: Terra Nova, after two episodes I might be out. I dunno if my expectations were wrong, but this is just becoming Star Trek set in Jurassic Park. I was expecting more of a Lost style action/adventure/mystery show, or at the very least a good Battlestar remake. This is just a procedural. That's sort of acceptable IF there was some bigger plot device, but I don't see one. This show has the feel of The Chicago Code for me. I really want to like it. I really want it to get better. But I just don't see people sticking with it. I'm guessing they try some re-writes but ultimately give it the axe.

Anyone think that Gus may kill Jesse with the intention of having Walt coming back to work for him? Just a crackpot theory that crossed my mind, but Jesse may have shown his cards in the chapel. When you look at the two of them, Jesse has much less to lose if the kid dies. He wouldn't be controllable. Walt, despite all of the s*** throughout the show, has his family to worry about. He'd be much more controllable because of the financial obligations. Gus has eyes all over the place, as we've learned, so it's not impossible for him to know that Walt is in a rough spot.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 10:49 AM)
Anyone think that Gus may kill Jesse with the intention of having Walt coming back to work for him? Just a crackpot theory that crossed my mind, but Jesse may have shown his cards in the chapel. When you look at the two of them, Jesse has much less to lose if the kid dies. He wouldn't be controllable. Walt, despite all of the s*** throughout the show, has his family to worry about. He'd be much more controllable because of the financial obligations. Gus has eyes all over the place, as we've learned, so it's not impossible for him to know that Walt is in a rough spot.

I get the feeling one of Gus, Jesse, and Walt will have an attempt made on them in the finale. None of them would surprise me.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 10:57 AM)
Where does the show go at that point?

The show can live for a season without Jesse. Hell, they could even continue to use him in flashbacks and dialogue that never actually took place in the other seasons in Walt's memory. The only thing we know is that Walt will survive this season finale.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 11:08 AM)
The show can live for a season without Jesse. Hell, they could even continue to use him in flashbacks and dialogue that never actually took place in the other seasons in Walt's memory. The only thing we know is that Walt will survive this season finale.

Though I will say you almost can't kill Gus, because who is left to be the antagonist at that point? If someone dies, it pretty much has to be Jesse, though that doesn't stop a failed attempt from happening against one of them.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 11:12 AM)
Though I will say you almost can't kill Gus, because who is left to be the antagonist at that point? If someone dies, it pretty much has to be Jesse, though that doesn't stop a failed attempt from happening against one of them.

Hank or Walt, depending on your viewpoint.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 11:19 AM)
Hank or Walt, depending on your viewpoint.

Yeah but the network dies with Gus for all intensive purposes. I don't see Mike picking it up and keeping it together. Without Gus, the lab dies, the company dies, the distribution dies, and the meth dies.

I think Hank will be involved in bringing it down at the end though.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 11:25 AM)

I can only hope the poor f*** gets some credit. It seems, if Walt is fingered, that Hank's career will go to s*** as well letting that happen right under his nose.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)
I can only hope the poor f*** gets some credit. It seems, if Walt is fingered, that Hank's career will go to s*** as well letting that happen right under his nose.

Yeah that would be the ultimate good news, bad news situation.

"Hey you broke up the most awesome meth producers and distribution lab we have ever seen!... But then again the guy cooking was your brother and the con you fingered earlier..."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 11:25 AM)
Yeah but the network dies with Gus for all intensive (:P) purposes. I don't see Mike picking it up and keeping it together. Without Gus, the lab dies, the company dies, the distribution dies, and the meth dies.

The superlab would die, yes. But it might not prevent Walt from continuing to cook on his own. And since all of the major distributors in the area are gone in that situation, it could allow for Walt to become...wait for it...the Scarface character that Vince Gilligan said that he wanted to turn Walt into. In that situation, Mike and his men can be his enforcers. I doubt he would have any lingering loyalty to Gus after he's dead, not after seeing Gus kill the other employee and understanding that Mike is in this for the money. And then the final season would revolve around Hank and Walt. After all, with Gus and Jesse out of the way, Walt is the only guy left on Earth that can cook the blue stuff.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)

I'm hoping that the end has Hank being justified. I definitely want to see him come out on top, and especially alive.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 12:07 PM)
The superlab would die, yes. But it might not prevent Walt from continuing to cook on his own. And since all of the major distributors in the area are gone in that situation, it could allow for Walt to become...wait for it...the Scarface character that Vince Gilligan said that he wanted to turn Walt into. In that situation, Mike and his men can be his enforcers. I doubt he would have any lingering loyalty to Gus after he's dead, not after seeing Gus kill the other employee and understanding that Mike is in this for the money. And then the final season would revolve around Hank and Walt. After all, with Gus and Jesse out of the way, Walt is the only guy left on Earth that can cook the blue stuff.

I'm hoping that the end has Hank being justified. I definitely want to see him come out on top, and especially alive.

I hadn't heard that before. That puts a different spin on to things.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 09:33 AM)
I watched Breaking Bad last night. It was definitely solid... the continual wait for s*** to go down is really, really building the suspense. I'm hoping Gus left to go back because he realized something was off with Jessie, vs having some sort of Spidey-Sense about Walt being ready to toast him in his car.

I'd like to say, one more time, for those of you who have Showtime or have Comcast (Comcast is currently offering 3 free months on all movie channels if you call in and speak to a rep), you really have to watch 'Homeland'.

It was like a slightly slower, slightly more realistic '24', and the scenes for the season look epic.

Explain.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 12:07 PM)

This entire scenario would be awesome.