2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 08:43 AM)
So what was your basis for your crackpot theory from a page or two ago?

The writing on the rocks?

Partially, even thought it supposedly belongs to Nathaniel Taylor's son. The other part is the probe. It was never found because it never went BACK in time, it went forward.

It's called a crack pot theory because it's probably wrong, but it's fun to try and think outside the box. It's something I learned from a LOST podcast I used to listen to.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 08:43 AM)

I think this premise would have been much better through the eyes of multiple people ala Lost.

True, but this is episode one of season one, there is a lot of time to go. They could turn things later this year, or even next.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)

Partially, even thought it supposedly belongs to Nathaniel Taylor's son. The other part is the probe. It was never found because it never went BACK in time, it went forward.

It's called a crack pot theory because it's probably wrong, but it's fun to try and think outside the box. It's something I learned from a LOST podcast I used to listen to.

True, but this is episode one of season one, there is a lot of time to go. They could turn things later this year, or even next.

Re: the probe, I agree...something is off about that. Hopefully they explain the "science" a little better. I didn't understand why/how they could send out a test beacon and see where it went despite it going to a different dimension (i guess chalk it up to future technology). I also didn't get why the leader guy, who was the first through the portal or whatever, ended up out there by himself for 180 days. It sounded like his explanation was that the next group didn't go through the portal until a few minutes after him. But that's exactly what the main dad character did and he showed up at the same time.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 10:15 AM)
I was losing it through the entirety of Parks & Rec last night.

Sunny was just ok. Same old s***, really. I'm close to dropping Community and The Office. I just don't care about those anymore.

Frank Reynolds' busted up face had me rolling the whole time. I wish they would have incorporated a scene towards the end where his nose started uncontrollably blleding while he was emceeing on stage.

We caught Whitney last night. Painful.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 11:12 AM)
Frank Reynolds' busted up face had me rolling the whole time. I wish they would have incorporated a scene towards the end where his nose started uncontrollably blleding while he was emceeing on stage.

I seriously caught the very opening scene and had to turn it off.

After getting all the way caught up on Mad Men and the Julia Stiles season of Dexter I was torn between starting Breaking Bad or Rescue Me. I flipped a coin (and repeated raves on this board) and started Breaking Bad. Already 2/3rds the way through season 2. It's been very entertaining.

Edited by juddling

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 10:15 AM)
I was losing it through the entirety of Parks & Rec last night.

Sunny was just ok. Same old s***, really. I'm close to dropping Community and The Office. I just don't care about those anymore.

I thought Sunny was terrible last night. They need to step their game up this season. There's been a few hilarious scenes but its been a disappointment so far.

The League and South Park next week!

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
I thought Sunny was terrible last night. They need to step their game up this season. There's been a few hilarious scenes but its been a disappointment so far.

The League and South Park next week!

I must just laugh very easily because I thought Sunny was pretty good. The opening number of the pageant was awesome.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 11:12 AM)

Reminded me of the Penguin for some reason.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
I just finished season 1 of Mad Men, and I'm gonna try to knock out season 2 this weekend. I have to say, I don't get all of the hype so far. It's pretty good and definitely watchable, but I dunno.

and that's what most everyone says, just stick with it, it gets better.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 11:56 AM)
I'm not even excited for the new Dexter season anymore. I am super excited for the Walking Dead though.

Me too, the only thing that sucks about Walking Dead coming back is that is means that Breaking Bad is done for this season.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 05:54 PM)
and that's what most everyone says, just stick with it, it gets better.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)
yup

Please tell me that the office characters (besides Draper) start to have some depth? It seems that the entire first season was just one long episode. All the guys drink at work and f*** their secretaries. Over and over again, that seemed to be their only purpose on the show. It seemed that the only reason to watch was the little hint they'd give almost every episode about Draper's past.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 07:48 PM)
Please tell me that the office characters (besides Draper) start to have some depth? It seems that the entire first season was just one long episode. All the guys drink at work and f*** their secretaries. Over and over again, that seemed to be their only purpose on the show. It seemed that the only reason to watch was the little hint they'd give almost every episode about Draper's past.

Peggy is one of the best characters on TV