2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 01:15 AM)
Oh, I went back and reread it. It seemed confusing, but I get it. My bad.

I don't think they're angry (Saul and the heavies). There shouldn't be any evidence that they were there, and I'm sure they can have it cleaned up pretty quickly if they needed it. Just drop the letter in the mailbox and there's no problem on their end. The problem is going to be for Walt and his family.

I just meant that Skylar might not believe them that they didn't do that do him, but he did it to himself. Just wondering why they (Saul and the muscle) were making such a big deal about.

Also, how does Walt not have $500K? Isn't that what Saul said it would cost? So if Skylar took out $617K or whatever it was, that means they only had $1.1M saved up? Or they only had a small amount under the house for emergency funds, and the rest of it is somewhere that is not quickly accessible, like through the car wash's finances.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 12:15 AM)
Oh, I went back and reread it. It seemed confusing, but I get it. My bad.

I don't think they're angry (Saul and the heavies). There shouldn't be any evidence that they were there, and I'm sure they can have it cleaned up pretty quickly if they needed it. Just drop the letter in the mailbox and there's no problem on their end. The problem is going to be for Walt and his family.

As long as they didn't leave the magazine there that fatboy was flipping through.

Anyways, best scene of the night went to Gus with Hector. For a guy who isn't supposed to be able to do anything because of his stroke, the actor who plays Hector is awesome. Gus dropping Don Elario's necklace into his shirtpocket was bad-assed.

I was wondering how Walt figured out the money was gone. I'm not sure about the whole cracking up laughing thing, but OK.

It was cool to see Jesse still go to bat for Walt, even though Walt has no idea.

This has to be the real beginning of Walt's death spiral. There are a million different possibilities but now the guy has no money, a ton of enemies, and Hank closing in slowly but surely. I almost wonder if Walt getting "fired" opens the door for the operation to be taken down, and for him to silently have slipped out of getting caught?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 12:20 AM)
I just meant that Skylar might not believe them that they didn't do that do him, but he did it to himself. Just wondering why they (Saul and the muscle) were making such a big deal about.

Also, how does Walt not have $500K? Isn't that what Saul said it would cost? So if Skylar took out $617K or whatever it was, that means they only had $1.1M saved up? Or they only had a small amount under the house for emergency funds, and the rest of it is somewhere that is not quickly accessible, like through the car wash's finances.

They already had spent a million on the car wash, plus the 600k to the IRS. Add in the waste that Walt has gone through, like the Charger and the cover up for example, plus all of the "services" from Saul, it is convincing that they could not have much left.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 07:52 AM)
As long as they didn't leave the magazine there that fatboy was flipping through.

Anyways, best scene of the night went to Gus with Hector. For a guy who isn't supposed to be able to do anything because of his stroke, the actor who plays Hector is awesome. Gus dropping Don Elario's necklace into his shirtpocket was bad-assed.

I was wondering how Walt figured out the money was gone. I'm not sure about the whole cracking up laughing thing, but OK.

It was cool to see Jesse still go to bat for Walt, even though Walt has no idea.

This has to be the real beginning of Walt's death spiral. There are a million different possibilities but now the guy has no money, a ton of enemies, and Hank closing in slowly but surely. I almost wonder if Walt getting "fired" opens the door for the operation to be taken down, and for him to silently have slipped out of getting caught?

You're right about the guy who plays Hector. His name's Mark Margolis, and he's been in a ton of stuff. Did you get the impression that Gus was about to beat him to death with the chair as he picked it up and slowly walked behind him? He was just putting it back by the table, but I swear they gave it the slightest hesitation so that you think it might happen. You just never know what Gus will do.

The laughing thing made sense. He went from screaming in complete frustration and fear to just understanding exactly how f***ed he is and finding kind of a dark comedic aspect to it. I think we've all laughed when something happens to us that is completely s***ty.

I think Walt did have an idea that Jesse went to bat for him. He mentioned in the desert that Gus can't kill him because Jesse won't let him.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:13 AM)
You're right about the guy who plays Hector. His name's Mark Margolis, and he's been in a ton of stuff. Did you get the impression that Gus was about to beat him to death with the chair as he picked it up and slowly walked behind him? He was just putting it back by the table, but I swear they gave it the slightest hesitation so that you think it might happen. You just never know what Gus will do.

The laughing thing made sense. He went from screaming in complete frustration and fear to just understanding exactly how f***ed he is and finding kind of a dark comedic aspect to it. I think we've all laughed when something happens to us that is completely s***ty.

I think Walt did have an idea that Jesse went to bat for him. He mentioned in the desert that Gus can't kill him because Jesse won't let him.

I thought the same thing with the hesitation. I wasn't even sure that wasn't supposed to be a subtle message from Gus to Hector that I killed your whole family, and I could kill you too if I really wanted to.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 11:18 AM)
I thought the same thing with the hesitation. I wasn't even sure that wasn't supposed to be a subtle message from Gus to Hector that I killed your whole family, and I could kill you too if I really wanted to.

Yeah, I definitely saw him cracking him with the chair in my head, but then I realized that's not his style and it's a public place. He will get his, eventually.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:18 AM)

Perhaps, but the guy is very stoic and deliberate in his movements, so it could also very easily have just been the way he moved. Either way, I'm sure that the director meant it to remind the viewers that Gus is capable of anything at any moment.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)
Yeah, I definitely saw him cracking him with the chair in my head, but then I realized that's not his style and it's a public place. He will get his, eventually.

Hector or Gus? Because Hector has already gotten his. He's unable to communicate with anyone other than through a bell. And Gus has now taken everything else from him. His entire family is gone and every single business associate has been murdered by Gus. All he can do is sit there and stew in it for the rest of his miserable life. Gus has made it his mission to inform him of all of this, but to keep him alive to suffer even more for having killed Gus' friend years ago. I seriously doubt that Gus has any plans to kill Hector.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
Hector or Gus? Because Hector has already gotten his. He's unable to communicate with anyone other than through a bell. And Gus has now taken everything else from him. His entire family is gone and every single business associate has been murdered by Gus. All he can do is sit there and stew in it for the rest of his miserable life. Gus has made it his mission to inform him of all of this, but to keep him alive to suffer even more for having killed Gus' friend years ago. I seriously doubt that Gus has any plans to kill Hector.

Yeah, it really sucks to be Hector now, especially with Gus pissing all over him every chance he gets.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)
But I love it. It seems that Gus is taking too much enjoyment in mocking him now, though. I feel like it might come back to him.

I would imagine after all of these years, Hector still has some dudes up his sleeve. Now that their operation if blown up in Mexico, it really doesn't matter if Gus dies or not, like it did when they were still working with him on the meth, and they wanted his formula.

Why the hell doesn't FX have any episodes of Sons of Anarchy on their website?

I've actually been recording each episode to a DVD-RW (I don't have DVR) and when we finally had time to sit and watch the first episode the disc kept skipping. Now I have no chance at catching up at all this season.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 02:15 PM)
Why the hell doesn't FX have any episodes of Sons of Anarchy on their website?

I've actually been recording each episode to a DVD-RW (I don't have DVR) and when we finally had time to sit and watch the first episode the disc kept skipping. Now I have no chance at catching up at all this season.

Linky

It's not the best choice, but the quality is usually good and if you let it download for a bit you shouldn't have any issues. They usually have it uploaded within a day of airing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 08:31 AM)
HIMYM theory

Victoria is the mother, no doubt about it.

I stopped watching the show about 3 season ago, but happened to catch most of last nights. It's funny how absolute nothing has changed in that show. Characters make the same jokes, Ted's in the same spot with women, Barney continues some ridiculous sexual quest, etc.

Why do you think it's her though? She said Robin is the reason they'd never work, and doesn't he always tell his kids about "Aunt Robin?" That would suggest she's still an important part of his life.

On another note, I watched Terra Nova. I really agreed with the two guys from AV Club that reviewed the show. It has a chance to be really good and at the same time it has a chance of being really bad. It's walking a very fine line. But since this was just the first 2 hours, I saw enough potential that i'm going to stick with it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 11:04 PM)
For a second, I was getting worried that they were going to rehash an old storyline, but they've gone and f***ed my whole world up again. I can't imagine there ever being a show that was better than this.

There hasn't. Breaking Bad is churning out the best run of fantastic episodes I've encountered on television.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 12:04 AM)
Boardwalk Empire premiere tonight. Decent, but not great. Seems like they spent most of the time setting stuff up; wasn't too much action on the whole. The stuff with Van Alden was pretty good, though. Such a strange character.

Yeah, a lot of these dramas rock like that... even Breaking Bad. We all know Boardwalk Empire will get rocking soon enough!

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 12:20 AM)

They spent a cool mill on the car wash.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)

He already got his... his legacy and everyone he knows is dead. He will spend his final days unable to do anything but think about that. Gus has won in the biggest way possible.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)

I should just read all of your replies before retroactively going through these and replying one-by-one when the wife and I get to BB on the DVR. It seems you and I are the only folks here who truly understand most of the show. :lolhitting