2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
Being only 55 min in, I havent felt like anything was TOO forced.

The son's friendship with the girl

might be, but not unreasonable. I am sure there is more coming as I watch it tonight.

You'll get to the stuff I meant soon.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
Agreed, and the one thought I keep having is "why does Robin look like an ugly 55 year old woman now".

Yeah, not a good look. She really lost her fastball the last couple years (post-baby).

Good episode though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)
It only took four seasons for Piney to become relevant. Yet abother solid SOA episode.

He's had his moments, especially in the aftermath of the murder of Opie's wife and providing Jax with a second copy of his father's memoirs. Hell, he's even the one who told Jax that it was time for a change.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)
Hmm interesting. It's on after TUF so I've been intrigued but always change the channel for whatever reason. Worth a watch?

Uh hell yeah. Punchy from HIMYM is the writer and is a damn funny character too. I started watching it on netflix and im almost done with the second season already. Damn funny and tons of T&A

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 02:32 PM)
Uh hell yeah. Punchy from HIMYM is the writer and is a damn funny character too. I started watching it on netflix and im almost done with the second season already. Damn funny and tons of T&A

I shall dvr it tonight.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:36 AM)
Finished watching Terra Nova, really liked it.

So what was your basis for your crackpot theory from a page or two ago?

The writing on the rocks? I enjoyed the first episode, but I felt like the whole family angle was a little forced. I guess in the previous versions of the pilot the family was more strained (and not because of the father going to jail). The wife/husband were constantly fighting, the kids and their father were never close. I think they were going down the "dad is always away from home because he's a cop" angle. For some reason they flipped it and now they're all lovey-dovey, except for the really dumb father-son squabble. I think this premise would have been much better through the eyes of multiple people ala Lost.