2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 11:30 PM)
Jeff Ross dominated. Anthony Jeselnik, Seth MacFarlane, and Amy Schuman were very good.

Patrice O'Neal and Steve-O were pretty bad though. Tyson wasn't that great either.

I have no idea who the hell Amy Schumer is but I thought she was f***in hilarious.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 11:46 PM)
I taped (I know it's no longer "taping" but it's just the verb that comes naturally to me) the pilot of the Playboy Club, and I'll watch it at some point this week. Not quite sure what to expect.

I watched it last night. Not bad. I can definitely see that they are trying to follow in the footsteps of Mad Men. Of course it's not nearly as good, but for network TV it's decent. I'll keep watching for now. I can say this: It's better than I thought it would be.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 11:30 PM)
Jeff Ross dominated. Anthony Jeselnik, Seth MacFarlane, and Amy Schuman were very good.

Patrice O'Neal and Steve-O were pretty bad though. Tyson wasn't that great either.

agreed. Actually, i thought O'Neal was pretty funny. Jeselnik is gonna get fried for insulting Islam.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 20, 2011 -> 05:45 AM)
I have no idea who the hell Amy Schumer is but I thought she was f***in hilarious.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 20, 2011 -> 07:28 AM)
Both of the women were pretty funny since I had no idea who either was.

Check out Amy Schumer's Comedy Central special if you get a chance. Good stuff.

"Whitney" has to hold up until 30 Rock comes back after Fey's pregnancy, but it looks so bad, I don't know if it could hold on that long.

The posters couldn't be more cliched, the previews just look even more hackneyed, and Whitney herself just in not funny.

She's just one in a line of many female stand-ups who's schtick of "I'm a hot* girl, listen to me say raunchy stuff!" is tired. It's almost as bad as Puppets, Props, or Insult Comedy as the basis for one's act. How about you just come up with some smart insightful material?

*She's NOT hot. She looks like Michael Jackson. Her face has seen more knives than a butcher shop.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)
I'm kind of disappointed in the lack of talk about last night's Breaking Bad. It was so freaking good.

I'm avoiding this thread like the plague until the wife and I watch it tonight. Sunday night and last night = football.

So HIMYM is going to string out another not-the-mom relationship with Ted this season it seems. Even though they start out at the wedding. Would like to say i'm surprised, but I'm not. Would like to say i'm fed enough and will stop watching, but I won't. They were funny premiers, not great but had their moments, but the season better pick up.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 20, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)
Check out Amy Schumer's Comedy Central special if you get a chance. Good stuff.

Yeah, she's really good, the Comedy Central half hours can be hit and miss compared to their live act, lots of editing but her's was terrific. She was on Doug Benson's podcast from Bumbershoot a few weeks back, anyone who wants to get an idea of what she's about can easily check that out.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
Two of the jokes that were cut from the Roast last night are amazingly tasteless (about Casey Anthony and Great White)

Well, you have to quote them now. You can't tease like that.

And I have no idea what the Great White one can be. I didn't know they were in the news recently at all.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 20, 2011 -> 08:01 PM)
Well, you have to quote them now. You can't tease like that.

And I have no idea what the Great White one can be. I didn't know they were in the news recently at all.

Just guessing...remember that fire at a Great White concert a few years back that killed like 30 people?