2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 11:41 AM)
I dont know if he's been an annoyance, Michael Scott is pretty integral to the show and he's been hilarious throughout the years. I was watching a few episodes yesterday from the first few seasons and its almost hard to remember what it was like without Andy Bernard. They've really added some good characters to the cast over the last few years to take the focus off of Michael a bit moving forward. I think Darrell should be the first crack at manager to be honest. He's really come into his own as an actor on that series since the beginning.

I never watch The Office when it's new, but I see it in syndication all of the time. Michael Scott gets less funny and more annoying in every single episode. I honestly see why Ricky Gervais stopped making his series after two seasons (and all of his shows) because sometimes it just gets stupid. Steve Carell as Michael Scott is the very definition of jumping the shark. Usually you say that about a specific episode or even a show, but that very character so perfectly embodies the idea that I honestly have grown to dislike Steve Carell when I originally liked the guy.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 11:41 AM)
I dont know if he's been an annoyance, Michael Scott is pretty integral to the show and he's been hilarious throughout the years. I was watching a few episodes yesterday from the first few seasons and its almost hard to remember what it was like without Andy Bernard. They've really added some good characters to the cast over the last few years to take the focus off of Michael a bit moving forward. I think Darrell should be the first crack at manager to be honest. He's really come into his own as an actor on that series since the beginning.

Darrell would be the best choice.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:50 AM)
Because the parts that make the show funny - Ron (my favorite), Tom and Andy - were not really the characters they've become. I think they started to become that in the last few episodes of the first season, if not the second.

this.

The first season was all about Leslie Knope and even she didn't hit her stride until the 2nd season.

Ron and Tom make that show what it is - pure one line gold.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 11:58 AM)
I never watch The Office when it's new, but I see it in syndication all of the time. Michael Scott gets less funny and more annoying in every single episode. I honestly see why Ricky Gervais stopped making his series after two seasons (and all of his shows) because sometimes it just gets stupid. Steve Carell as Michael Scott is the very definition of jumping the shark. Usually you say that about a specific episode or even a show, but that very character so perfectly embodies the idea that I honestly have grown to dislike Steve Carell when I originally liked the guy.

Gervais's character and Michael Scott are pretty different bosses. Michael actually had an endearing quality to him.

QUOTE (SnB @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 12:00 PM)
this.

The first season was all about Leslie Knope and even she didn't hit her stride until the 2nd season.

Ron and Tom make that show what it is - pure one line gold.

I've never watched that show, but it did not surprise me at all to see that Tom is the character played by Aziz Ansari.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
Gervais's character and Michael Scott are pretty different bosses. Michael actually had an endearing quality to him.

The differences between the characters has little to do with it. The Michael Scott character is just more and more cartoonish with every passing episode.

I've actually stopped watching some episodes because of him. At a certain point, it stops being funny and just becomes stupid and annoying.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 12:29 PM)
HBO Go app available for Apple and Android today. You can watch all of their content remotely, for free, as long as you're a subscriber.

Thanks for the heads up. This is awesome.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 3, 2011 -> 10:56 PM)
Just finished the last episode of Friday Night Lights. Wow. Unreal I missed this series before.

I've never seen a show make you care so much about almost all the characters, including supporting stars (ie: Billy Riggins)

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2011 -> 05:00 PM)
I've never seen a show make you care so much about almost all the characters, including supporting stars (ie: Billy Riggins)

I never really cared for Lyla. She annoyed me. But for the most part, I agree. Even Gracie Bell stole some scenes.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 3, 2011 -> 05:17 PM)
I never really cared for Lyla. She annoyed me. But for the most part, I agree. Even Gracie Bell stole some scenes.

Gracie Bell is the ugliest baby to ever be on a TV show.

For real though, the acting and directing was awesome and its been awhile since I got so hooked on a show and the characters. thanks to soxtalk for turning me on to this show, it was an awesome watch. I think we pulled down about 3-5 episodes a night a times.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 3, 2011 -> 05:21 PM)
Yeah South Park went a little to high brow for my taste.

I think the basic message was that all Apple does is make it so that we end up consuming everyone elses s***.

But that should have been a joke, not an episode.

Was actually going to ask in this thread if South Park last week was any good or not. I somehow forgot about it and have been waiting for it to show up OnDemand, no such luck yet.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 3, 2011 -> 05:33 PM)
Was actually going to ask in this thread if South Park last week was any good or not. I somehow forgot about it and have been waiting for it to show up OnDemand, no such luck yet.

If you hate apple and remember the previews for the human centipede you will like it

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 12:29 PM)
HBO Go app available for Apple and Android today. You can watch all of their content remotely, for free, as long as you're a subscriber.

Snagged that, and also have no idea how I missed the xfinity app so I can now set my dvr from anywhere and watch ondemand. Nice looking out.

That HBO GO app is legit.

QUOTE (juddling @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 05:44 PM)
Damn! Justified just gets better and better every week. (ok...those couple episodes with Winona taking the money wasn't the best) hard to believe that next week is it's season finale.

Yeah they tend to let it get a little boring in the middle with the first few and last few episodes being exceptional.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 3, 2011 -> 05:30 PM)

For real though, the acting and directing was awesome and its been awhile since I got so hooked on a show and the characters. thanks to soxtalk for turning me on to this show, it was an awesome watch. I think we pulled down about 3-5 episodes a night a times.

Her older sister makes up for it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 3, 2011 -> 05:30 PM)

Hell yeah she is. She looks so freaking weird.

I think I'm one of the few that watched it from season one...I know a lot of people started and gave up after an episode or two. It's been very rewarding to see every episode, what a great show.

Holy crap....I dunno if this has been mentioned before...but the chick who plays Sarah Linden in The Killing, Mireille Enos, is like 1000 times hotter in real life than they make her look in the show...WOWSERS

Edit: I see she's been in Big Love and a lot of other shows I have never seen, so maybe everyone else knows this...but jeesh...I saw a commercial with the cast of The Killing not in character and I didn't even know which character she was, she looked so much different.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 3, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
Hell yeah she is. She looks so freaking weird.

I think I'm one of the few that watched it from season one...I know a lot of people started and gave up after an episode or two. It's been very rewarding to see every episode, what a great show.

I watched it until it got goofy with scheduling. I am really wanting to go back and see it though. I like it a lot.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 3, 2011 -> 05:33 PM)

They put the episodes on their website the day after it airs.