2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
You don't want to see what happens w/ Nancy now that it's all out in the open and with the police?

Nope, I have no idea what you are talking about, I probably missed season 6 for all I know.

edit: I just looked it up, yeah I stopped after season 5.

Edited by kjshoe04

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 07:11 PM)
I'd like to say in advance...I don't care one bit about the Royal wedding, stop telling me about it, stop making me change the channel every 4 minutes to avoid hearing about it, just stop. Christ almighty.

+1

Don't get why we should be so interested in it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 05:11 PM)
I'd like to say in advance...I don't care one bit about the Royal wedding, stop telling me about it, stop making me change the channel every 4 minutes to avoid hearing about it, just stop. Christ almighty.

+ 1 for me, My wife on the other hand, would smack me for saying that, haha.

Last Office with Steve Carrell was last night. Thought it was done pretty well. Seeing who the guests are in the coming weeks for the job has me excited. Hoping it goes to Arnett. Romano will forever be Ray Barone to me and I don't think Jim Carrey would carry over to sitcom all that well.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:18 AM)
Last Office with Steve Carrell was last night. Thought it was done pretty well. Seeing who the guests are in the coming weeks for the job has me excited. Hoping it goes to Arnett. Romano will forever be Ray Barone to me and I don't think Jim Carrey would carry over to sitcom all that well.

I thought it was pretty solid, but I think it's so lame that they have to reach out to other guest actors to keep people interested. I'd be fine if they didn't bring anyone in. Bring in a nobody character or two and let Andy, Dwight, Darrell, etc fight for the top spot. I don't think Carrell carried the show all by himself.

I also thought they should have ended the show as Michael walked away. That felt like the proper ending. I didn't need the 10 second bit after the commercial.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)
Justified has been stellar this season.

It has, though I'm really pissed about this new development that got Dickie out of prison. I was really jacked about the way that story was ending. I'm sure Dickie and Doyle are both going down in the finale (please no cliffhanger).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:58 AM)
It has, though I'm really pissed about this new development that got Dickie out of prison. I was really jacked about the way that story was ending. I'm sure Dickie and Doyle are both going down in the finale (please no cliffhanger).

I'm curious who that old woman was and what she did/said to have that other dude take the fall.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:56 AM)
I thought it was pretty solid, but I think it's so lame that they have to reach out to other guest actors to keep people interested. I'd be fine if they didn't bring anyone in. Bring in a nobody character or two and let Andy, Dwight, Darrell, etc fight for the top spot. I don't think Carrell carried the show all by himself.

I also thought they should have ended the show as Michael walked away. That felt like the proper ending. I didn't need the 10 second bit after the commercial.

Michael Scott has been an annoyance on that show the last 3 seasons or so. They bring in a huge group of guest actors to throw their hat in the ring as the next boss since clearly DeAngelo Vickers isn't going to work out. I absolutely loved Dwight leaning into Jim and saying, "uh oh" as Vickers lost his s*** with the cake.

Anyway, clearly none of the "newbs" wins out (Will Arnett has a new pilot with NBC and Christina Applegate next season, Ray Romano, Jim Carrey [wow, nice work keeping that one quiet, NBC!], and Ricky Gervais won't be taking the job), so I'd expect Jim or Andy to be the next head of "The Office".

I dunno, I'm excited for post-Michael Office.

Either way, nothing really matters as long as the funniest show on television, "Parks & Rec", stays so impossibly hilarious each episode!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:02 AM)
Michael Scott has been an annoyance on that show the last 3 seasons or so. They bring in a huge group of guest actors to throw their hat in the ring as the next boss since clearly DeAngelo Vickers isn't going to work out. I absolutely loved Dwight leaning into Jim and saying, "uh oh" as Vickers lost his s*** with the cake.

Anyway, clearly none of the "newbs" wins out (Will Arnett has a new pilot with NBC and Christina Applegate next season, Ray Romano, Jim Carrey [wow, nice work keeping that one quiet, NBC!], and Ricky Gervais won't be taking the job), so I'd expect Jim or Andy to be the next head of "The Office".

Either way, nothing really matters as long as the funniest show on television, "Parks & Rec", stays so impossibly hilarious each episode!

That show was so bad through the first few episodes. But at some point they really hit their groove and it's been hilarious ever since.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)

Absolutely love Parks & Rec, but I honestly like Outsourced better. Missed the episode last night for the draft so I'll have to catch it on DVR

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:06 AM)
That show was so bad through the first few episodes. But at some point they really hit their groove and it's been hilarious ever since.

I don't get why people say this. Sure, Season 2 was significantly better, but I thought Season 1 was alright, certainly better than 90% of the garbage out there.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:40 AM)
I don't get why people say this. Sure, Season 2 was significantly better, but I thought Season 1 was alright, certainly better than 90% of the garbage out there.

Because the parts that make the show funny - Ron (my favorite), Tom and Andy - were not really the characters they've become. I think they started to become that in the last few episodes of the first season, if not the second.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:02 AM)

I dont know if he's been an annoyance, Michael Scott is pretty integral to the show and he's been hilarious throughout the years. I was watching a few episodes yesterday from the first few seasons and its almost hard to remember what it was like without Andy Bernard. They've really added some good characters to the cast over the last few years to take the focus off of Michael a bit moving forward. I think Darrell should be the first crack at manager to be honest. He's really come into his own as an actor on that series since the beginning.