Sox Sign Lastings Milledge to MLC

soxfan420

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 3, 2011 -> 09:16 AM)
I think he can too plus when you look at developing a roster I believe you look at versatility. Teahan can play 3B and the OF and maybe IB all when needed. Milledge will get his chance to show what he can do as will others trying to make the roster out of ST, but in the end a vetrean player like Teahan probably gets the nod

Ugh.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 3, 2011 -> 01:39 AM)
It's a minor league contract. He will be assigned to the minors if he doesn't make the roster. For him to be added to the 25-man roster, he also had to be added to the 40-man. I have no idea what his option situation is right now, but I imagine he is out of options, so if the Sox were to add him and then drop him, he'd have to be exposed to waivers to be sent down.

There may be an out-clause in his contract that if he isn't on the 25-man by some point in the season he can ask for his release, but with someone that young and unproven, I really tend to doubt it.

He is out of options.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 3, 2011 -> 10:16 AM)
I think he can too plus when you look at developing a roster I believe you look at versatility. Teahan can play 3B and the OF and maybe IB all when needed. Milledge will get his chance to show what he can do as will others trying to make the roster out of ST, but in the end a vetrean player like Teahan probably gets the nod

Mark Teahen will not be the only backup OF.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 3, 2011 -> 11:35 AM)
Do you need an option if you sign a minor league deal?

No but if he's added to the major league roster any time this season he can't be sent down without first passing through waivers.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 3, 2011 -> 11:49 AM)
No but if he's added to the major league roster any time this season he can't be sent down without first passing through waivers.

Which I am sure it is inevitable that we will call up another OF at some point for an injury, or something.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 10:14 AM)
After that player got healthy he would need to be sent down.

You meant if he started in the minors, I guess. Yeah, I don't see this working out for him with Lillibridge & DeAza. He will have to really put it together the next few weeks.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Mar 4, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
You meant if he started in the minors, I guess. Yeah, I don't see this working out for him with Lillibridge & DeAza. He will have to really put it together the next few weeks.

How is Lillibridge better than Milledge. I love the Lillibeast, but Lastings is a better player and a better fit.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (T R U @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 02:21 AM)
I think you people are getting way too excited, ide be willing to bet he doesn't even make the roster

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 09:57 AM)
I'll take some of that action... AVATAR BET!

If Milledge makes the team, I get to pick your avatar and you have to keep it for 30 days. And if he doesn't, you can pick mine.

QUOTE (T R U @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
You sir, have a deal

This was a bad bet for TRU to make :lolhitting