2011 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

Hosmer is reportedly going to be recalled to start his MLB career with the Royals against the A's tomorrow night.

Can't believe the Tigers just swept the Yankees, but it was at home. What was most surprising was Porcello started against Burnett, who had pitched pretty well this season.

Tigers will only be 5 1/2 back if the Indians go on to lose their game against OAK.

Ryan Sweeney is 3/4 today, by the way, with an 880 OPS. Only 33 ab's so far, time limited by Crisp/DeJesus. Willingham's the only one hitting pretty well, although DeJesus did have 2 HR's again Tomlin yesterda (2 of their 3 hits in the entire game).

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ May 5, 2011 -> 06:23 PM)
Indians win. 11 out on May 5th.

thats nuts. i was watching the game in the 12, my god does chris perez look like crap everytime i see him. his control sucks and his fastball looks so hittable,especially when he gets it up there half the time at 91 mph, but hey he gets it done i guess 9/10

QUOTE (flavum @ May 5, 2011 -> 05:17 PM)
Here we go with Hosmer. The first wave has begun.

Wow, just heard. I guess KC really feels like they have a shot this year. I just assumed they were going to play the service time card. The numbers this kid has put up in his last 600 or so PAs have been staggering.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 6, 2011 -> 04:48 PM)
Wow, just heard. I guess KC really feels like they have a shot this year. I just assumed they were going to play the service time card. The numbers this kid has put up in his last 600 or so PAs have been staggering.

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_...=fantasy-wp1991

The Twins are not messing around. They're starting top prospect Ben Revere in LF at Fenway and also recalled Trevor Plouffe (former high draft pick) to play SS even though Gardy's never been a firm believer in him.

The injury-riddled Minnesota Twins recalled shortstop Trevor Plouffe and center fielder Ben Revere from the Rochester Red Wings today.

They take the place of Twins designated hitter Jim Thome (strained left oblique) and outfielder Jason Repko (left quad soreness), who were placed on the disabled list.

Plouffe was hitting .282 with a team-high six home runs and 13 RBI, while Revere was batting .293 with 0 homers and 5 RBI.

The Red Wings will receive infielder Ray Chang from Double-A New Britain. He's hitting .270 with 1 homer and 22 RBI.

The Twins have promoted an astounding nine different Red Wings in the past month.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2011 -> 05:26 PM)

Yeah, I know you were talking about it in another thread but I didn't realize he was actually getting called up. I thought it was just a rumor or a hypothetical. Never thought I would be jealous of the Royals. They're going to be really good pretty soon. Then you got the Indians. Sucks we didn't take advantage of this division when those two teams were down. Now they're coming and we're going the other way.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 6, 2011 -> 05:38 PM)
Are you guys going to leave Crow in the bullpen all year? He's been rather impressive in his role so far.

I believe he and Duffy will replace Davies and Francis before the year is over. I'm fine with him staying put for now though...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
The Royals, on paper, have one of the worst rotations in baseball.

2-3 months from now, you might see Hochevar, Montgomery, Crow, D. Duffy and Chen/O'Sullivan.

Davies and Jeff Francis are definitely in danger of being released/demoted, probably Davies.

+1

Fun game to follow in KC.

Hosmer's already had his first press conference. Former Sox prospects Gio and Sweeney (.343 avg) in action.

Stupid Twins are already up 4-1 on Wakefield. Big blow a two run single by Denard Span with two outs after Butter and Casilla both K'ed with the bases loaded. Francona already was run when Wakefield tried the 'ol Jack McDowell fake to 3rd, throw back to first move and got called for a balk, plating another run.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
With the way Wilson Betemit has gone the last 2 years, KW looks doubly stupid for discarding him for Teahen.

Eventually he'll be replaced by Moustakas, but the guy has been raking and playing better D than we saw in his brief time with us.

No one can honestly say they weren't thrilled when betemit was dumped. No one.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ May 7, 2011 -> 12:31 AM)
Hosmer looked pretty sharp tonight. Made a great snag/throw on a 3-6-3 double play and made a few nice scoops. He worked 3-2 counts and drew walks in his first two appearances. He stole a base, and struck out looking on two really bad calls.

I was thoroughly impressed. The plate discipline is similar to that of Jason Heyward,