2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (The Baconator @ May 15, 2011 -> 07:26 PM)
While Strasburg wearing a Sox uni is interesting, I love the actual article that those came from. He presents some very interesting concepts for a jersey revamp (really just brings red back into the current set).

Complete Article Link

I might like them more if they weren't done in MS Paint.

Seriously though, I don't see any need to alter the current uniforms. I'm obviously biased, but I think the Sox have the best uniforms in sports.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 15, 2011 -> 09:06 PM)

Seriously though, I don't see any need to alter the current uniforms. I'm obviously biased, but I think the Sox have the best uniforms in sports.

Oh for sure, I love our home and alternate black unis. I'm not a big fan of the road grays (I don't like the script, and now the the Twins have it as well), especially with the new left-sleeve patch this year (I don't like how they seem to be phasing out a logo). I believe we do have one of the longest standing logos with no alteration in the majors right now; that's a testament to the design and staying-power of the logo. My only fear is that they will want to change it at some point to shake things up, and if it does come to that, I do approve bringing back the red instead of a full overhaul.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ May 15, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
Oh for sure, I love our home and alternate black unis. I'm not a big fan of the road grays (I don't like the script, and now the the Twins have it as well), especially with the new left-sleeve patch this year (I don't like how they seem to be phasing out a logo). I believe we do have one of the longest standing logos with no alteration in the majors right now; that's a testament to the design and staying-power of the logo. My only fear is that they will want to change it at some point to shake things up, and if it does come to that, I do approve bringing back the red instead of a full overhaul.

I really like the Chicago script, but I think it looks stupid on Minnesota's road uniforms. Not sure why I think that, but I do.

I just don't think they'll ever need to change or alter anything whatsoever. The uniforms have been great for 20 years, and I think they'll be great for another 20 years too.

The rainouts in Cleveland this weekend push Masterson back to us. Boo.

Mon: Lewis vs Jackson

Tue: Harrison vs Danks

Wed: Masterson vs Peavy

Thu: Carmona vs Humber

Fri: Lilly vs Floyd

Sat: Garland vs Buehrle

Sun: Kuroda vs Jackson

QUOTE (flavum @ May 15, 2011 -> 09:50 PM)
The rainouts in Cleveland this weekend push Masterson back to us. Boo.

Mon: Lewis vs Jackson

Tue: Harrison vs Danks

Wed: Masterson vs Peavy

Thu: Carmona vs Humber

Fri: Lilly vs Floyd

Sat: Garland vs Buehrle

Sun: Kuroda vs Jackson

Whatever, he's no better than Cahill. So long as Pierre isn't in the lineup, GIDPing and getting picked off, they'll be fine.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 15, 2011 -> 09:06 PM)

Personally, I think the Blackhawks have the best uni in sports.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 16, 2011 -> 02:00 PM)
I know that Morel has historically struggled at first offensively at each level of the minors. Can someone with more knowledge of prospects tell me how long those struggles usually lasted?

Last year it took him about a month to get going for both his arrival at AA and his arrival at AAA.

FWIW, he's also only had 6 AB's over the last week.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 16, 2011 -> 01:00 PM)
I know that Morel has historically struggled at first offensively at each level of the minors. Can someone with more knowledge of prospects tell me how long those struggles usually lasted?

Shouldn't the bigger question be "how long the struggles of the MILLION $ players last?" Why pick on the rookie?

I wanted to start a new thread, but figured there's already a Dunn thread, but I couldn't find it with the search engine.

Anyway, flame me all you want, but when do we consider this man mountain a complete and utter flop??

He is killing this team.

Has he had a key hit all season??

The man is a pathetic baseball player at this juncture.

This man has offered nothing to the White Sox. Zero.

(now the apologists can say he had the health problem and will be fine).

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 17, 2011 -> 01:08 AM)
I wanted to start a new thread, but figured there's already a Dunn thread, but I couldn't find it with the search engine.

Anyway, flame me all you want, but when do we consider this man mountain a complete and utter flop??

He is killing this team.

Has he had a key hit all season??

The man is a pathetic baseball player at this juncture.

This man has offered nothing to the White Sox. Zero.

(now the apologists can say he had the health problem and will be fine).

lol he had a few key hits in the comeback against LA a few days ago and is putting up a line of .295/.407/.591/.998 in May so far.. its ok to relax sometimes greg

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 16, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)

From what I recall from last year, it took about 3-4 weeks for him to finally start clicking, and then he would tear it up until he peaked around .320 average or so. This is why I gaurenteed that Morel would have a much better May than April, but then of course he got benched about a week into May, even though he is hitting .292 in May.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 17, 2011 -> 03:35 AM)
From what I recall from last year, it took about 3-4 weeks for him to finally start clicking, and then he would tear it up until he peaked around .320 average or so. This is why I gaurenteed that Morel would have a much better May than April, but then of course he got benched about a week into May, even though he is hitting .292 in May.

You don't think the shaky D has played an equal part in that?

Along with the fact that Omar's been contributing something almost every game he's been in (I know, the Sunday game he made a couple of mistakes, but that happens and we still won, and Ozzie is usually pretty superstitious about breaking up a "winning/streaking" line-up).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2011 -> 08:13 AM)
Not sure if you're being fictitious or not, but I think they're the best team in the division. They certainly have the two best pitchers and best position player in the division.

I was being honest, I agree. I still don't think Cleveland is for real, scoring 19 runs against Davies, Adcock, & Mazzaro won't change my mind. It's just looking like Detroit will be the team to catch them, not the Sox or definitely not the Twins.

Verlander & Scherzer are obviously the cream of the crop. It's only his third season, but Porcello has usually pitched better in the 2nd half. And as much as I lauged about Brad Penny in the AL, he has put up better stats than most of the Sox rotation.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2011 -> 09:13 AM)
Not sure if you're being fictitious or not, but I think they're the best team in the division. They certainly have the two best pitchers and best position player in the division.

Detroit has to be the favorites right now. I still just don't buy into Cleveland being this legit.