2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
That also ignores the fact that A-Gon & Tex have very similar contracts from 2012 on. Also, you are excluding Crawford/Drew on one side, while not including Cano or Grandy on the other side. How much does Posada even play anymore anyway?

I didn't ignore anything. I said more than once that other than Crawford, they've gotten elite-level production for market or well below market value from all of their top guys. I don't really include Drew because he hasn't played. Gonzo? Yes, I fully recognize that starting next year he'll be getting paid. Again, I'm talking this year. Posada has nearly 400 PAs. So he's not just riding the bench. You're right about Cano/Granderson.

Edited by Jordan4life

CSNChi_Beatnik Brett Ballantini

Final road trip hazing in full effect. Esco dressed as folk dancer, Reed in a tutu, Axelrod a bumblebee, Lindsay dressing as French maid

Most good-natured rookie was Zach Stewart, sitting and eating with Paul Konerko while dressed as what might best be called a "sexy skunk"

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 09:26 AM)

Final road trip hazing in full effect. Esco dressed as folk dancer, Reed in a tutu, Axelrod a bumblebee, Lindsay dressing as French maid

Most good-natured rookie was Zach Stewart, sitting and eating with Paul Konerko while dressed as what might best be called a "sexy skunk"

...must...see...pictures.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 09:26 AM)

It's not even as half embarrassing as veteran performance of this team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
Kevin_Goldstein Kevin Goldstein

RT @ben_lindbergh: If Adam Dunn avoids getting 11 PA in last 3 G, he'll escape inclusion on any lists of worst seasons ever w/min. 500 PA.

Maybe for official lists but this will definitely be one of the worst individual seasons ever in my eyes.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 01:03 AM)
Is this the most ironic thing ever written?

cst_Cowley cst_Cowley

Good to see the Trib's Vanilla Ice columnist wrote his column with KW's hand up his puppet ass.

Hmm, doesn't look like a whole lot of opportunity for old Joe.

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Job...bMaxLowExp%3d-1

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 02:12 PM)
Kevin_Goldstein Kevin Goldstein

RT @ben_lindbergh: If Adam Dunn avoids getting 11 PA in last 3 G, he'll escape inclusion on any lists of worst seasons ever w/min. 500 PA.

As Kenny says, "You don't get much for $56,000,000 and a #1 draft choice anymore."

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/..._medium=twitter

Sox players react to Guillen's departure

September, 27, 2011

By Doug Padilla

CHICAGO -- Chicago White Sox players reacted with shock over Ozzie Guillen’s departure not because it happened, but because of when it came.

Most players seemed to believe that Guillen wouldn't return next year, but they didn’t think the move would come until the end of the season. Guillen gathered White Sox players in the clubhouse before Monday’s game and made an emotional announcement that it would be his last game.

Paul Konerko and A.J. Pierzynski both stayed late Monday to discuss Guillen’s departure. Other players were asked about it Tuesday.

Gordon Beckham, on whether the players feel responsible that he is no longer with the club: “Well, pretty much. If we play well, he’s still here. That’s the name of the game in anything. If you don’t play well, you don’t stick around. You only get so many chances and we failed him. It just didn’t work, we just didn’t play well. He wasn’t out there winning games or losing games for us, he can only manage what he’s got and we didn’t play well. We didn’t play well enough, so you have to look at the players before you look at anything else.”

Carlos Quentin, on whether or not Guillen’s outgoing persona played well in the clubhouse: “Different guys perceive Ozzie differently, especially outside the clubhouse he’s seen a little differently. Everyone in here was comfortable with who Ozzie was and going around and he loves to talk. He gives you guys plenty of material. Me personally, I got along really well with Ozzie. He talked a lot to me. I listened a lot. But like I said, he let me go out and play. I’ll always thank him for that with just who I am as a player. He understood that and that was big for me.”

Omar Vizquel, on being the only player to attend Guillen’s farewell press conference after Monday’s game: “I just went there to support the whole Ozzie family and the legend that he left here in Chicago. It’s important for the Venezuelan people to kind of stick together. There’s a few guys here covering what could be my last couple of games here in Chicago or in baseball, either way. And we wanted to listen from his own world, from his own mouth, what was going on and what was the future. For me it was kind of like being supporting of him to be right next to him at that moment.”

Totally random by White Sox related...

I was watching The Social Network last night because it popped on on Starz, and during the end credits they were showing a commercial for one of their own shows, called "Boss". It's Kelsey Grammer as the mayor of Chicago, and a pretty brutal one at that. Anyway, first scene of the commercial, the guy introducing the mayor at a press conference... Kenny Williams (not an actor, but the actual KW). Thought that was odd.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 06:48 PM)
Totally random by White Sox related...

I was watching The Social Network last night because it popped on on Starz, and during the end credits they were showing a commercial for one of their own shows, called "Boss". It's Kelsey Grammer as the mayor of Chicago, and a pretty brutal one at that. Anyway, first scene of the commercial, the guy introducing the mayor at a press conference... Kenny Williams (not an actor, but the actual KW). Thought that was odd.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. Can't wait for more "Kenny "The Genius" Williams" comments.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
Marinez and Martinez were both on the Marlins 40-man, so the Sox will have to make room later today or tomorrow.

Technically, no. The Sox released Ozzie from his contract, and he signed essentially as a free agent with Florida. The compensation will come later (I'd bet sometime in November) that way the Sox have the open roster spots from free agents and the like, and they will send some horrible rookie ball guy to Florida in exchange for the two Marlins prospects. Manager trades a bit different in their mechanics.