2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 04:10 PM)
I can compare him to Cooper all I want. Is Danks and Floyd's matching 4.42 ERA's what you were looking for this year? Peavy is almost 5.00. Buehrle is starting to get jacked around. You know when hitters do this who you blame. Just be consistent or start using some logic. There's 3 underachieving hitters on the Sox this year. Dunn, Rios and Beckham. If you really think that's, because of Greg Walker, I will be dissappointed in your baseball acumen.

You are beyond f***ing ridiculous. No person that is being rational or fair could possibly put Walker and his accomplishments even in the same f***ing solar system as Don Cooper.

You let some kind of personal relationship color the s*** out of your viewpoint of certain guys, be it Juan Uribe or Greg Walker.

Why don't you just admit that you met him at some charity function and he signed your hat.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 07:31 PM)
Didn't you say Ozzie would win 3 or 4 titles with Florida? Don't say crazy s*** like that and not expect mocking rebuttals. Even the way I pimp the man in my avy, I do so and have no problem with anybody who wants to fire back. And yes, the Blue Jays are still coming for everyone soon.

Yeah but he just throws in a sarcastic answer that has nothing to do with anything except designed to get me to fire back and piss me off. In anybody's book that's baiting. People can blast me, but I don't troll for arguments. Arguments happen from things that I post that are in response to the topic at hand, not statements like his designed to anger me.

I said Ozzie will be in the Hall of Fame cause he has one title already and figures to win 1 or 2 more in his next 20 or so years of his career.

He has tons of years left as a manager, thus the odds are good that he wins a title or two and that, folks, means Hall of Fame for him. He's already got one and he's under 50. He easily will manage another 20 years.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
Show me one statement by someone other than a fan outside of the Sox organization that Walker IS highly respected.

As I said earlier Aaron Rowand said Walker was the best hitting coach he has ever worked with and that was after he left Philadelphia. All the Cooper buzz you ever read is media or message board generated. Just because John Kruk thinks you're great doesn't mean much. Does anyone remember Leo Mazzone? He's been looking for a job for years.

Don't you think if Walker was as awful and made such a difference in players sucking as much as this board and talk radio believes, at least one would pop off about it? If he has done this, he's cost them millions of dollars.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 07:24 AM)
As I said earlier Aaron Rowand said Walker was the best hitting coach he has ever worked with and that was after he left Philadelphia. All the Cooper buzz you ever read is media or message board generated. Just because John Kruk thinks you're great doesn't mean much. Does anyone remember Leo Mazzone? He's been looking for a job for years.

Don't you think if Walker was as awful and made such a difference in players sucking as much as this board and talk radio believes, at least one would pop off about it? If he has done this, he's cost them millions of dollars.

Talk radio hasn't talked about Greg Walker? Are you serious?

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/...ob-construction

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- When a mother travels halfway around the world at a moment’s notice and stays in a hotel for two weeks, it would make sense for her son to take a second job to pay for it all.

So when Chicago White Sox pitcher Shane Lindsay returns to his native Australia once the season ends, he already has some work lined up. Always fascinated with heavy machinery, Lindsay will work five days a week operating an excavator for a construction company.

It isn’t the first foray into construction for the 26-year-old. He used to own a watering truck, working as an independent contractor for road-building projects.

After the new year, as spring training draws closer, Lindsay’s schedule will consist of a workout at 5:30 a.m., reporting to the construction site at 6:30 a.m. and then another workout before he calls it a night.

And actually, all his hard work isn’t completely to help pay his mom’s credit card bills. Lindsay already had the job lined up before he learned of his Sept. 1 promotion to the big leagues.

When the promotion came, Kerry Lindsay immediately purchased a $4,000 round-trip plane ticket to the United States, made visits to Detroit and Minneapolis and lived out of a hotel for two weeks. She just returned to Australia this past Thursday.

In total, Lindsay said the visit cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $8,000, but the self-proclaimed mama’s boy said it was the memories that mattered and there was no way of putting a price tag on that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 11:17 PM)
Yeah but he just throws in a sarcastic answer that has nothing to do with anything except designed to get me to fire back and piss me off. In anybody's book that's baiting. People can blast me, but I don't troll for arguments. Arguments happen from things that I post that are in response to the topic at hand, not statements like his designed to anger me.

I said Ozzie will be in the Hall of Fame cause he has one title already and figures to win 1 or 2 more in his next 20 or so years of his career.

He has tons of years left as a manager, thus the odds are good that he wins a title or two and that, folks, means Hall of Fame for him. He's already got one and he's under 50. He easily will manage another 20 years.

Christ do you vastly, vastly overestimate how easy it is to win "a couple more titles".

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 01:14 PM)
I hate hate HATE when the White Sox are not in playoff contention. I'm sitting here getting my playoff fix watching the battle between the Boston Red Cubs and the Rays. I look at those teams and I'm envious. Why can't my team be that good?

This season sucks. It's worse than 2007, and that was bad.

Could be worse next year. We'll still have Dunn and Rios taking up space.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
I hate hate HATE when the White Sox are not in playoff contention. I'm sitting here getting my playoff fix watching the battle between the Boston Red Cubs and the Rays. I look at those teams and I'm envious. Why can't my team be that good?

This season sucks. It's worse than 2007, and that was bad.

I'm done think the Red Sox are well run.

Imagine if we were Red Sox fans...Lackey, Bobby, Drew, Cameron, Crawford, etc.

Red Sox don't get/resign Adrian if they have a normal payroll.

God, imagine if we had those five deals all at the same time like they did at the beginning of this year. We'd have killed someone.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
I'm done think the Red Sox are well run.

Imagine if we were Red Sox fans...Lackey, Bobby, Drew, Cameron, Crawford, etc.

Red Sox don't get/resign Adrian if they have a normal payroll.

God, imagine if we had those five deals all at the same time like they did at the beginning of this year. We'd have killed someone.

Gotta disagree with you here, Q. The Mets, Cubs and Dodgers have spent plenty over the years with nothing to show for it. The Red Sox have been the best-run organization in baseball for nearly a decade. There's a lot more that goes into that than having deep pockets.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)
Gotta disagree with you here, Q. The Mets, Cubs and Dodgers have spent plenty over the years with nothing to show for it. The Red Sox have been the best-run organization in baseball for nearly a decade. There's a lot more that goes into that than having deep pockets.

The farm system is incredible and I give them all the credit for Ellsbury, Pedroia, Youkillis, Beckett, Lester but they don't have A-Gon on a normal payroll because they have numerous horrendous contracts.

I mean, if we had possessed JD Drew, John Lackey, Mike Cameron, Jason Varitek, Marco Scutaro, Carl Crawford, and Bobby Jenks we would want to murder small woodland creatures.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)
The farm system is incredible and I give them all the credit for Ellsbury, Pedroia, Youkillis, Beckett, Lester but they don't have A-Gon on a normal payroll because they have numerous horrendous contracts.

I mean, if we had possessed JD Drew, John Lackey, Mike Cameron, Jason Varitek, Marco Scutaro, Carl Crawford, and Bobby Jenks we would want to murder small woodland creatures.

I bet they don't go after a lot of those guys if they have a "normal payroll." The fact that they have had a great farm system and a high payroll means they can afford to be wrong with their contracts, unlike the White Sox who only have one of those things. I think that them being successful despite their bad contracts lends more to them being well run than poorly run.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 08:13 PM)
I refuse to believe that it will be worse next year. No effing way.

Depends if the team makes personnel changes or not.

This team had a season-high 5 game win streak and never got hot, never.

That's not apt to suddenly turn around with the same guys. I realize DeAza and Viciedo will be added which on paper should help but it's not like we've played much better with them, either.

It easily could be a worse season especially with Humber and Zach really truly looking ordinary of late.