West Region

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 13, 2011 -> 05:42 PM)
UConn hot right now.

I don't like their matchup with Duke at all. Not enough outside shooting. Walker would have to outscore Smith and Singler combined or come damn close for them to beat them IMO.

Took San Diego State here even though I don't think they've ever won a tournament game. May live to regret it. Could also see UConn winning here, and obviously Duke has a great shot. I think they'll be challenged in every game they play after the opener though. Very good region.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 13, 2011 -> 11:20 PM)
Took San Diego State here even though I don't think they've ever won a tournament game. May live to regret it. Could also see UConn winning here, and obviously Duke has a great shot. I think they'll be challenged in every game they play after the opener though. Very good region.

Can't teach length and athleticism which SDSU has, they also happen to have my favorite player in college basketball in Kawhi Leonard, so they got that going for them ;) . Top 4 seeds all have a legit shot at winning this region imo.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 13, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
Can't teach length and athleticism which SDSU has, they also happen to have my favorite player in college basketball in Kawhi Leonard, so they got that going for them ;) . Top 4 seeds all have a legit shot at winning this region imo.

I actually like Texas and Arizona a lot. But they both got tricky first round games which I could see them losing, so I was afraid to pick either to go very far.

I feel fairly confident Tennessee will lose to Michigan in the 1st round b/c we're just so damn inconsistent. But, I also could see us making a Sweet 16 run, knocking off Duke and it wouldn't shock me. That's why I hate this team so much. There's no telling who's going to show up.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
I feel fairly confident Tennessee will lose to Michigan in the 1st round b/c we're just so damn inconsistent. But, I also could see us making a Sweet 16 run, knocking off Duke and it wouldn't shock me. That's why I hate this team so much. There's no telling who's going to show up.

I'm rooting for Tennessee because they have the talent and athleticism to give Duke fits. I'm not picking any of them, but I could see pretty much any of the 8/9 teams taking out their respective 1 seeds in this tournament and I wouldn't be overly surprised.

People really like Arizona as a final four type team? They aren't a great defensive team and they feasted on bad competition in the Pac 10. They weren't particularly impressive against good teams this year. Williams is a beast but I just don't see that team as a final four team.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 01:10 PM)
People really like Arizona as a final four type team? They aren't a great defensive team and they feasted on bad competition in the Pac 10. They weren't particularly impressive against good teams this year. Williams is a beast but I just don't see that team as a final four team.

I have them bowing out in the first round.

I got UCONN coming out of this regional in most of my brackets.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 11:45 AM)

Looks like they showed up but forgot to come out for the second half.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 01:59 PM)
So, did Tennessee just quit? Or was Michigan that good?

Tennessee absolutely quit. Worst 2nd half performance I've seen from this team, and that's saying something b/c we've had some really bad halves of basketball this year.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
Tennessee absolutely quit. Worst 2nd half performance I've seen from this team, and that's saying something b/c we've had some really bad halves of basketball this year.

They sure didn't do their coach any favors. If Hamilton was on the fence, that certainly didn't help.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 01:59 PM)
So, did Tennessee just quit? Or was Michigan that good?

Michigan is also a streaky team. They've been playing really well for the last 2 months or so. An 8 seed was justified for them for the course of the whole year, but they've been playing better than an 8 seed for the last 2 months.