Your 2011 starting 3B is...

southsider2k5

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Mar 20, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
i think it was over before it even started. i knew there was no way it would be tehean, we know ozzie is a defense type guy

It was indeed over before it started. It's funny that people thought Teahen was going to get his butcher job back at 3B because he hit decently during a small spring training sample size.

Morel is the absolute right choice.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 20, 2011 -> 11:43 AM)
Ozzie is 2 for 2 over the last couple days. Now if we could just find a way to cut Pierre's at bats in half.

Hey we agree on something. Here's to hoping Pierre isn't awful at the beginning of the year, and if he is, that Milledge gets his ABs.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Mar 20, 2011 -> 12:46 PM)
i think it was over before it even started. i knew there was no way it would be tehean, we know ozzie is a defense type guy

Teahen might have had a shot had he shown some growth with the glove this ST. He had something like an error a game.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Mar 20, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)

Yeah thats what I was trying to say as well. Was it not obvious that Ozzie hated the notion to Tehean playing 3B after he butchered the position time and time again last year and even caused ozzie to blow up after that game in Detroit last year. I took this from an article on breakingsports.com from after the 5-1 loss in detroit on Sept 8th 2010.

DETROIT -- After third baseman Mark Teahen committed two throwing errors that led to the White Sox's 5-1 loss at Detroit, manager Ozzie Guillen is considering moving Omar Vizquel to third in Thursday's series finale if Gordon Beckham can tolerate enough pain in his right hand.

"I believe in defense," Guillen said.

Edited by joeynach

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 21, 2011 -> 12:16 PM)
the problem is that Lilli gives him even more flexibility. He can play the infield, he's hit well this spring, and he's got the speed to match Lastings. And he keeps his helmet on after a home run. But yeah, I'd rather see Lastings for sure.

hes batting like 230 this spring lol and he keeps his helmet on after hr's, well yea, because he never hits them lol