Juan Pierre

Jordan4life_2007

I was having a great time tonight. In chat with a lot of my Soxtalk brothers. Until this bum decided that he wanted to go back to pre-little league. Juan, you are awful. I can't stand you. The fact that we had to trade for you in the first place is a black mark on this organization. You make me sick.

The end until I come up with something else.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
I was having a great time tonight. In chat with a lot of my Soxtalk brothers. Until this bum decided that he wanted to go back to pre-little league. Juan, you are awful. I can't stand you. The fact that we had to trade for you in the first place is a black mark on this organization. You make me sick.

The end until I come up with something else.

I was just as mad as you, being that Pierre has done this twice in the last few games...but that said, they were going to tie the game anyway...Thornton as closer is a failed experiment. IMO, that leadoff double was going to score to tie the game regardless of Pierre.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
I was just as mad as you, being that Pierre has done this twice in the last few games...but that said, they were going to tie the game anyway...Thornton as closer is a failed experiment. IMO, that leadoff double was going to score to tie the game regardless of Pierre.

and youre basing this off of what....?

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)

The um...leadoff double and the fact that Thornton has been throwing gopher balls all year thus far? Funny Crain had to finish the inning for him.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 10:54 PM)
The um...leadoff double and the fact that Thornton has been throwing gopher balls all year thus far? Funny Crain had to finish the inning for him.

oh ok, so you arent basing it on anything of substance.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)

Hence why I said IMO. Or did you somehow not bother reading that part? :P

Not to mention the situation in which I expressed my opinion was hypothetical, considering we would never know if I was right or not. So, in my opinion, thronton was blowing that save either way.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
The problem is that Pierre is actually a good defensive outfielder, he's just been horrible at judging high drifting fly balls. This has been a weakness of his. He's pretty much lost the Sox two games on his own because of his f***-ups though.

Bizarre. I wonder if there might there be a health issue? Seems so basic, but often vision or other (balance, perception) problems are overlooked.

Fact isn't substance? Interesting. Thornton has looked terrible so far, that's all there is to it.

Funny how he AND Pierre have worked together to cost us a game TWICE now. And although Ozzie didn't do his best managing, I can't honestly say I think the game is on him; I just don't see how.

QUOTE (SouthsideNorthsideFan @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 03:02 AM)
Bizarre. I wonder if there might there be a health issue? Seems so basic, but often vision or other (balance, perception) problems are overlooked.

He ran tonight like someone scared of dropping another fly ball, and he almost missed that fly ball completely.

So why are the Pro-Thornton for closer supporters so against letting Santos fill that roll and put Matt back where he's comfortable. I understand the arguments as far as numbers go/bad luck/ etc....but it AIN'T WORKIN'!

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 11:03 PM)
He ran tonight like someone scared of dropping another fly ball, and he almost missed that fly ball completely.

Yeah, he didnt drop it, he flat out missed it.

He is definitely fighting it out there.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)

He gave up a leadoff double and then a rocket that luckily went right at Konerko. Then he gave up a bomb to the warning track. He was likely going to blow that game.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 09:57 PM)
People need to admit that Thornton has also had pretty bad luck in his first 2 outings.

It's incredibly unlucky to blow 3 saves in only 2 outings, I agree.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 11:07 PM)
So why are the Pro-Thornton for closer supporters so against letting Santos fill that roll and put Matt back where he's comfortable. I understand the arguments as far as numbers go/bad luck/ etc....but it AIN'T WORKIN'!

Because some would rather have their opinion be right then to see this team win games.

Thornton was good in the 8th. Might as well try to get some stability in the bullpen and but him back where we know he can succeed.