Chicago @ Los Angeles

Heads22

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, so much for the winning streak.

Looks like for all our "progress" in the last week, we'll have only managed to pick up one-half game on the Indians.

Before this past weekend, I think we'd lost ground in the standings every day (or stayed even) since around April 21st or something like that.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
Morel's defense is as good as advertised...not! He's made Teahen look like Robin Ventura.

Better than Snopek, NOOOOrton or The Mailman?

I think Morel's hovering in the low 500's for OPS.

In retrospect, they would have been better off keeping Uribe after 2008, with Beckham at 2B from the very beginning, as many projected when he was drafted.

Bases loaded in CLE, no outs, bottom of the 9th, tie ballgame. Looks like they still won't have a single loss at home since the first two games against us. That's crazy.

Now one out. At least DET is beating Minnesota so we're only the 29th worst team for another day/night. Smart money has to be on DET vs. CLE for the division.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 03:52 AM)
I've never seen anything like this. How can one's player development be so inept?

You look at Morel's swing, and you wonder how in the world our minor league instructors thought that would translate well to the majors.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 10, 2011 -> 10:52 PM)
Who hangs up first?

Sox get Reyes, Wright and Beltran

Mets get Alexei, Morel, Viciedo, Flowers, Floyd, Sale

I kid.

They're going to lose Reyes after this year, so they need a SS. They definitely don't want Beltran or his salary, think of him as more dispensable than Rios.

Except for losing Wright, gaining Alexei, Viciedo, Floyd and Sale would be a huge win for NY. With Wright included, it still favors the Mets.

I know, I know, just kidding. Might as well have something to speculate about for the next 9-10 months.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 10, 2011 -> 10:55 PM)
They can keep Beltran. I'd give up the franchise for Reyes and Wright.

But not for 1/2 season of Reyes when we're going absolutely nowhere.

And Kyle Farnsworth walks in the winning run in CLE. Figures.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 10, 2011 -> 10:52 PM)
I've never seen anything like this. How can one's player development be so inept?

Kenny's idea of development is about taking prospect A, getting him to AA to the majors as fast as humanly possible. Then trading them for early 2000's players on their farewell tour.

Edited by southsideirish71

Even Wright is only signed through 2012, unless there's an option.

Looks like there is (for 2013), for $16 million...but I still think it would be impossible to compete in the next two years with the payroll inflexibility carrying the likes of Peavy and Rios.

Not if we had to trade away all of those players as well. It's better in our case to add 3-4-5 players like we did in 2005 instead of 1 superstar.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:06 PM)
This game is boring as s***. I didn't watch the two games prior and they won.

I watch with the hope that I see viciedo in lf and Pierre on waivers. But then I forget our manager values speedy crappy hitters over offense. The I get sad.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:09 PM)
Cleveland has won 14 in a row at home.

That's how to win a division. What are the sox at home, 5-11?

I keep hearing reports that the Indians will fade. Because if history is any indicator, the sox are a second half juggernaut. Remember games in July count 2x those in April.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:10 PM)
I watch with the hope that I see viciedo in lf and Pierre on waivers. But then I forget our manager values speedy crappy hitters over offense. The I get sad.

We're pretty much stuck with JP until the end of the year. He can hit .150 and he'll still get his ABs. Pretty terrible.