2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
There's a pinned thread in PHT by ChiSoxFn that you might want to read.

And I just responded. Like I said, I don't live for this board. Life goes on. I'll find another board that doesn't get analfied whenever we all don't go Hawk Harrelson. If this is going to turn into WSI then let us know now. Then we can make a choice.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
Yeah, I feel so much better now. If Craig Ehlo says, "I'm going to get bigger, stronger, etc, to defend Michael Jordan," I'm not going to feel better.

You have the uncanny ability to turn anything into an extreme or a negative. An extreme negative even. You also have the uncanny ability to make yourself look and sound like an absolute moron.

holy s***, 30 pages of posts just for the draft? At this rate, we would exceed last year's post total before the lock out ends!

I am not too excited about what Jimmy Butler brings to the table. He's a hard worker, but what he brings to the table is extremely similar to Deng or Brewer.

Hearing about his story through his coach Buzz Williams at Marquette on the Score, it does sound like Bulter could be the type of guy who can become a cult hero here in Chicago overnight.

The Mirotic pick is very intriguing however. Judging from the scouting report, he seems like a 3D version of Kyle Korver, in that he is an excellent set shooter, but he can also put the ball on the floor, post up, and has a variety of moves in his arsenal. He also has great basketball IQ and seems to just find a way to score, like Luis Scola, and he can hold his own against other league average small forwards on the defensive end.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:31 PM)
You have the uncanny ability to turn anything into an extreme or a negative. An extreme negative even. You also have the uncanny ability to make yourself look and sound like an absolute moron.

And I'll say it again, I don't care what you think of me. I will say whatever the f***l I want to say when I want to say it. As long as I'm not attacking other posters, I should be game. But it looks like the criteria is changing.

Edited by Jordan4life

J4L,

May not agree with what you say, but I do agree that you should be able to have your opinion (regardless of what I may think of it).

That being said I can understand why people are frustrated with how the posting has been going, but that is the ebb and flow of message boards, especially sports.

May not live for the board, but the loss of any poster is a loss.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 11:30 PM)
And I just responded. Like I said, I don't live for this board. Life goes on. I'll find another board that doesn't get analfied whenever we all don't go Hawk Harrelson. If this is going to turn into WSI then let us know now. Then we can make a choice.

You can already post on whatever message board you want.

If the people who own this board decide that they want to run their board a certain way, that's their choice.

Soxtalk isn't WSI but it's certainly no ESPN or Yahoo comment page.

Who is "we", by the way?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)
J4L,

May not agree with what you say, but I do agree that you should be able to have your opinion (regardless of what I may think of it).

That being said I can understand why people are frustrated with how the posting has been going, but that is the ebb and flow of message boards, especially sports.

Very well said.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)
And I'll say it again, I don't care what you think of me. I will say whatever the f***l I want to say when I want to say it. As long as I'm not attacking other posters, I should be game. But it looks like the criteria is changing.

I wouldnt worry about it, everyone has disagreed with you just about but only 1 admin jumped the gun and nobody else seems to care what he said.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
What? This shocks me coming from you. Bosh in '10 was better than Rose in '11.

Share some of that purple drink?

Feasting in a no defense, phx / gsw style offense scheme is better than playing under a defensive oriented slow paced offense?

In that case Monte Ellis is better than Kobe, DWade and Derrick Rose.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 11:38 PM)
I wouldnt worry about it, everyone has disagreed with you just about but only 1 admin jumped the gun and nobody else seems to care what he said.

The admin who "jumped the gun" as you put it, is the owner of the site.

I'd worry.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:36 PM)
You can already post on whatever message board you want.

If the people who own this board decide that they want to run their board a certain way, that's their choice.

Soxtalk isn't WSI but it's certainly no ESPN or Yahoo comment page.

Who is "we", by the way?

Well Jason just pretty much threatened any and all that is not nice that they will get suspended or banned. I'm not going to off myself over this board. I've posted here for years because I chose to. I obviously like the board. But I'm not going to adjust how I really feel about the TEAM or teams to please the mods or admins. Lay out the criteria. Don't just threaten to take action without being specific. Has anybody been attacking posters? Have we been too mean to Jake Peavy? I mean, what is it?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)
J4L,

Haha, no. This would be a definite case of addition by subtraction.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)

No one is saying you can't say what you want to say. But the things you say tend to be incredible annoying.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 11:42 PM)
Well Jason just pretty much threatened any and all that is not nice that they will get suspended or banned. I'm not going to off myself over this board. I've posted here for years because I chose to. I obviously like the board. But I'm not going to adjust how I really feel about the TEAM or teams to please the mods or admins. Lay out the criteria. Don't just threaten to take action without being specific. Has anybody been attacking posters? Have we been too mean to Jake Peavy? I mean, what is it?

If posts are continually irrational, negative, and do nothing to improve the discussion, they become unnecessary and are not needed in the conversation of a thread.

It's ChiSoxFn's call ultimately.

If J4L feels like the Bulls had a s***ty draft, then he should have the right to say that. Not all of us would agree 100% with that, but message boards need posters who play devil's advocate.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:42 PM)

Everyone respects your opinion. How you present that opinion is the main problem.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
Everyone respects your opinion. How you present that opinion is the main problem.

Exactly. I don't care about the opinions of a poster. I'll call people dumb and they'll call me dumb. And I've said some dumb things. But its the way stuff is phrased.

And as the long-time owner of this site, I'll say this, I can barely read PHT at this point because of how petty some of the s*** that goes on is and how absolute the posts are. I have to filter through so much crap that isn't worth responding to and that isn't acceptable. And Soxtalk and the membership base (yourself and myself included) is far better than that. We have a lot of intelligent and bright posters, who have made this a great site.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 11:48 PM)
If J4L feels like the Bulls had a s***ty draft, then he should have the right to say that. Not all of us would agree 100% with that, but message boards need posters who play devil's advocate.

There's a difference between:

"The Bulls really didn't address their needs with their picks." "The players that I would have liked were better, imo."

and

"This is just s***! FIRE PAXSON AND GAR!" "The Bulls are going to suck because they have no f***ing clue!"

It's all in how you say it.

When a complaint become abuse, it ceases to be a complaint.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)

So you are buying that he just coincidentally thinks every move the Bulls and Sox make is "F-," or the worst thing that has ever befallen humanity? I'm not buying it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 08:55 PM)
So you are buying that he just coincidentally thinks every move the Bulls and Sox make is "F-," or the worst thing that has ever befallen humanity? I'm not buying it.

It comes off as this place being your soapbox and place to make a stand and develop an internet "power" feeling and quite frankly, this isn't the place for that. Its the place for fans to chat about the Sox. Hell, this site was started because I dont' know any Sox fans and as a result, I now know and get to discuss my beloved Sox (plus other topics) with some sharp and great peeps.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:54 PM)
There's a difference between:

"The Bulls really didn't address their needs with their picks." "The players that I would have liked were better, imo."

and

"This is just s***! FIRE PAXSON AND GAR!" "The Bulls are going to suck because they have no f***ing clue!"

It's all in how you say it.

When a complaint become abuse, it ceases to be a complaint.

So if I said every move the Cubs made was horses*** that would be OK? I mean, I know this isn't Cubstalk. But is it totally inconceivable that I can dislike what the Sox, Bulls or Bears are doing?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
So if I said every move the Cubs made was horses*** that would be OK? I mean, I know this isn't Cubstalk. But is it totally inconceivable that I can dislike what the Sox, Bulls or Bears are doing?

Why must you continue to be condescending and snarky? It's posts like these that make people think you do it just to do it and that you want the attention.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 11:01 PM)
Why must you continue to be condescending and snarky? It's posts like these that make people think you do it just to do it and that you want the attention.

But I'm not. That's the thing. So I have to put more effort and emphasis on why I disagree with A Sox/Bulls/Bears move in comparison to another teams' move?